3 replies to this topic

#1 noose

noose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Milsim, Airsoft, Proffessional Training, Cartoonist

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

I'm trying to aviod sending this in for repairs, becuase like all serious airsofters I need my side arm in working order and at the ready always, which has been an issue lately. I don't want to wait a month to get my gun back, unless they're gonna just replace it upon arrival.

The outer cylinder broke, and I ordered the replacement part from KWA, okay that's easy to fix. Problem is, KWA seems to have glued the screws holding the bolt carrier together in and to make it worse, the little screws are phillips screws, so they strip on contact of course. How do I get this thing apart? Over the phone with KWA, putting the bolt carrier in boiling water and the heat gun treatment were suggestions, but niether is working. The screws aren't budging at all.
It's annoying I had to already buy a new outer cylinder, and it's going to be more annoying if I have to drop even more money on a new bolt carrier assembly, but whatever gets my side arm in tact fast is what i'm going to do, especially with training coming up.

I wont lie, after owning this gun for 5 days and it breaking down like this and giving me nothing but hell since it broke, i'm likely done with KWA after this. My first KWA purchase after a whole year of nothing but Marui, and I chose KWA becuase everyone said it was the best. The only way I think i'll buy another KWA in the future is if this gets resolved fast.

#2 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

Send it in so we can fix it for you.

#3 noose

noose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Milsim, Airsoft, Proffessional Training, Cartoonist

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 17 March 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

Send it in so we can fix it for you.

Although I think on the phone the man I talked to siad I can still send it in, I can't find the reciept anywhere. I bought it from Strike Force Sports on sunday the 6th of March, and can't find the damn reciept at all.

#4 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

Contact the shop, they can usually bring it up and get you a copy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users