• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rex

rex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

I'm having a trouble with my KWA USP compact NS2 slide.

I think the slide seems to have trouble going over the decocking lever retainer and the decocking bar (which the slide is supposed to push down as it runs over them). When I'm shooting or even manually cocking the slide, it gets stuck about halfway and I have to physically push it back to its neutral position with my finger. I've tried removing all the lube and then relubing it (with 100% silicone oil of course) but it doesn't help. There's a lot of friction that isn't supposed to be there. Is there anyone here that can give me some tips on fixing this?

I've tried searching for solutions to these problems but nobody seems to have the same problems that I've mentioned (or at least posted any solutions). I'm hoping someone here will have an idea on what to do?

#2 SwitzK

SwitzK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

View Postrex, on 16 March 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

I think the slide seems to have trouble going over the decocking lever retainer and the decocking bar (which the slide is supposed to push down as it runs over them). When I'm shooting or even manually cocking the slide, it gets stuck about halfway and I have to physically push it back to its neutral position with my finger. I've tried removing all the lube and then relubing it (with 100% silicone oil of course) but it doesn't help. There's a lot of friction that isn't supposed to be there. Is there anyone here that can give me some tips on fixing this?

I've tried searching for solutions to these problems but nobody seems to have the same problems that I've mentioned (or at least posted any solutions). I'm hoping someone here will have an idea on what to do?

I've had a similar problem with my USP tactical. It seems to happen every once in a while, I don't know why. I properly lubed it and it seems like it gets fixed, but heres a ditch effort I did before:
Get silicone spray and spray the crap out of the outer barrel. It seemed to have worked :P

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

Don't use silicone spray.  It will damage your hopup bucking.

take the magazine out and manually cycle the slide.  If it catches, you will need to check part #119 on the parts diagram
http://store.kwausa....gbb/KP8_NS2.jpg

If not, you should check your bbs or magazine feed lip as it may have something to do with your cylinder taking bbs from the magazine

#4 SwitzK

SwitzK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 24 March 2011 - 03:24 PM, said:

Don't use silicone spray.  It will damage your hopup bucking.

There goes my warranty.

Wait a minute, I usually thought airsoft silicone sprays were hop-up bucking safe. I always used them to fit in my hop-up buckings or to clean my barrels.
I only heard that WD-40 was AEG/GBB unsafe, unless...

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

:sigh:

Silicon spring is a not a cleaning solution.  The Silicon spray contain aerosol and when it contacts with urethane (Rubber) will cause it to EXPAND.  Not good for the hop-up bucking.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostSwitzK, on 24 March 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

There goes my warranty.

Wait a minute, I usually thought airsoft silicone sprays were hop-up bucking safe. I always used them to fit in my hop-up buckings or to clean my barrels.
I only heard that WD-40 was AEG/GBB unsafe, unless...
just because it says it on the label doesn't make it true.

As evident with certain "high quality high precision super performance magic awesome grade" products on the market

#7 kaiyen

kaiyen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

Hello Rex,

Are you still having problems with the slide?  I just bought one of these HK USP Compacts the other day, and had these cycling problems too.  I took a small honing stone that I use to sharpen knives with, and smoothed and polished those decocking bars and hammer, as well as the underside of the slide.  I wanted to create smooth bearing surfaces instead of leaving the rough metal to rub against each other.  If you just let the rough surfaces rub against each other they will not turn into smooth surfaces, but instead just grooves on the metal.

Also my Matrix BBs were getting stuck on the feed ramp in front of the magazine.  I used a small tool to polish back the tight edges so that the BBs will smoothly roll up the ramp into the barrel chamber.

Now the gun has no problems at all in cycling all the shots.  

My only issue now is that the gun hits very low from the point of aim.  The front sight needs to be shorter by about 1.5mm.  If I cant find a replacement front sight, then I'm going to grind down the front sight and black out the white dots. (in tactical training, they usually don't like the white dots anyway)

Take care

#8 Hba8103

Hba8103

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postrex, on 16 March 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

I am having this exact same problem with my USP Cpmpact Tactical. The action of the slide was pretty rough out of the box.

I purchased a gun and was disappointed when it arrived as parts were missing, the supplied BB's were all over the box and I was concerned the gun was a return. The supplied oil also leaked. The only good thing (in hindsight) was that the gun cycled smoothly. Unfortunately. I sent this gum back to the seller and asked for a new gun. The replacement sent is the current gun I have that cycles poorly (sticks in two areas - the hammer and over the decocking lever). I have attempted to clean, lube properly,polish the rails, etc., but the action seems to be getting worse.  I took a video that shows the two areas during the operation where the slide hangs up.  In the video you can see where I pull the hammer down to release the slide.

Any suggestions or should I just send it in to be serviced/repaired?  I ordered a M9 PTP today as well. I hope I don't see the same thing on that gun. I hope that this isn't some type of defect In the design of these guns.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

Normally when I see that problem I send people here:

http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=3111
and
http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=3157

Your rails should not need "polishing" as us wrote, simply cleaning and lubing.  What did you do to polish them?

Once you have followed the videos, let us know if that helps.  Lastly, from where and when did you purchase the guns?

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:30 AM

I would send that in.

#11 Hba8103

Hba8103

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

I polished the rails using a Dremel and a soft (it is some type of fiber....feels like cotton, but tougher) tip to buff the areas on the slide that seemed to be hanging. Did not do the hammer.

The gun was purchased from Evike.com in September of 2011as they had it in stock.

I will take a look at the videos. I followed the maintenance videos I found on YouTube posted by Allizard. If these are the same videos, I guess I will be sending the gun in for repair. My main concern is the consistency of the product. As I stated, the first gun I had was very smooth and this was rough out of the box.  Perhaps it was a poor cast.

I should add that the gun shoots fine. It is only during manual cycling or after using the slide release that the sticking occurs.

Edited by Hba8103, 17 January 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#12 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

Have you determined where it was sticking?  Could be the outer barrel, slide rails, hammer assembly, recoil spring, bumper and etc.  You should first determine where you think it's sticking first before dremeling everything down since that can end up causing more damage than good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users