6 replies to this topic

#1 astraybullet

astraybullet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

My friend has had his m16 for about a month now. But just a day ago it stopped firing and i asked him if it makes any noise at all when he pulls the trigger or not. I'm not too good with internals so i was wondering if someone could possibly tell me whats going on. He uses a 9.6v 4200 mah battery and its all stock internals. Its also worth noting that he uses this homemade smart charger that has a very high charge rate. I also got my m16 for christmas and i got the same battery as he did so im a little concerned. If someone could help i would appreciate it.

#2 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

Does it make any noise when the trigger is pulled? If not first try a different fully charged battery. If that doesn't work examine the fuse. On the M16 it's located in the stock maybe 1-2 inches above the battery connector. It's a small round black cylinder. Pull apart the tabs. and take the fuse out. If the fuse is broken go to radio shack and grab another one. I think there 4 for $5. Take the broken fuse some they can show you the correct one to get. If a little noise is heard then you piston may be stuck. using the lowest voltage battery you have connect it and pull the trigger. It should come free in a few shots. If none of these work contact KWA, and see about a return.

Edited by Lt. Tony, 26 December 2008 - 08:50 AM.

#3 sputnik

sputnik

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

Your friend should be fine since he's under the 45 day warranty umbrella :). Just call KWA support and see what they can do. They'll probably ask to have it shipped to the factory to check it out. Not a big deal.

BTW allizard, I think you're at 1.02% now. ;)

#4 astraybullet

astraybullet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:02 AM

View PostLt. Tony, on Dec 26 2008, 08:50 AM, said:

Does it make any noise when the trigger is pulled? If not first try a different fully charged battery. If that doesn't work examine the fuse. On the M16 it's located in the stock maybe 1-2 inches above the battery connector. It's a small round black cylinder. Pull apart the tabs. and take the fuse out. If the fuse is broken go to radio shack and grab another one. I think there 4 for $5. Take the broken fuse some they can show you the correct one to get. If a little noise is heard then you piston may be stuck. using the lowest voltage battery you have connect it and pull the trigger. It should come free in a few shots. If none of these work contact KWA, and see about a return.

I asked him specifically if it made any noise at all and he said none. He also said that it wasnt the battery (not sure how he ruled it out though) but he also suspected the fuse. Ill tell him to try an 8.4 volt battery because the lowest he has. But i think your right about the fuse. I just hope that its nothing major (even though the warranty is in) simply because i have the same gun and battery and i dont want the battery to be damaging the gun so fast.

#5 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

View Postastraybullet, on Dec 26 2008, 11:02 AM, said:

I asked him specifically if it made any noise at all and he said none. He also said that it wasnt the battery (not sure how he ruled it out though) but he also suspected the fuse. Ill tell him to try an 8.4 volt battery because the lowest he has. But i think your right about the fuse. I just hope that its nothing major (even though the warranty is in) simply because i have the same gun and battery and i dont want the battery to be damaging the gun so fast.

A 9.6v NMH cant hurt a 11.1v Lipo ready AEG. Like they said dont take it apart if youre under warranty.. Just check the wires/fuse and batt then call KWA  :rolleyes:

#6 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

View Postsputnik, on Dec 26 2008, 10:54 AM, said:

BTW allizard, I think you're at 1.02% now. ;)

Nope... we still don't know exactly what is the cause.  The wire could have just come loose in the M16.  Besides, it's a not a M4A1.  It's under a different statistics.

#7 astraybullet

astraybullet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

ok thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users