#21 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

I'll work with you guys on getting the complete barrel.

#22 The Jackal

The Jackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

I am in the same boat so if you can include me in the list of those that need to get our KM4 CQB's up and running with the new one piece barrel, I would appreciate it.\\

Thanks

#23 JoshB.King

JoshB.King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:too damn many if you ask me

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 15 April 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

I'll work with you guys on getting the complete barrel.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that.  I have been bothering poor Jim for months now (since November I believe) asking for ETAs and updates...Im sure he will be glad to be rid of me, heh.  Thanks again.

#24 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

I'll be more glad that you finally were able to get what you need, not glad to get rid of you. No worries on my side man, I'm more concerned about how long this has taken us to get for you and the rest.
I appreciate you all for hanging in there with us!  :punk:

#25 REVO

REVO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

Is it a true 1 piece design, ie no little allen screws near the delta ring?

#26 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

True and honest...no screws!

#27 The Jackal

The Jackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 13 April 2011 - 10:55 AM, said:

UPDATE:

The reason we don't have them yet is because the design has been changed. Factory has switched to a one piece barrel design, and will be sending complete barrels to us soon.
I apologize for this long delay in getting the parts to everyone. I have truly been trying to get this worked out for those of you that need the barrels.

Any new updates on the availability of this new barrel?

#28 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

You guys will know as soon as I get them.

#29 kilo2824

kilo2824

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, woodworking, and other manly things.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 04 May 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

You guys will know as soon as I get them.
I assume there are no new updates?  

Anybody know if there is an alternative to the KWA barrel extention or new one piece barrel?  Unfortunaley, I have a scenario game coming up at the end of the month and fear I wont be able to attend if I dont get this fixed.

Anybody try to use the M4A1 longer extension without changing the inner barrel?  Will this work in a pinch until the new barrels come in?

#30 REVO

REVO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

I would get a longer inner barrel, its very likely the bb could make contact with the outer barrel and effect your accuracy.

#31 NoveskeBeast

NoveskeBeast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

View Postkilo2824, on 13 May 2011 - 08:40 AM, said:

I assume there are no new updates?  

Anybody know if there is an alternative to the KWA barrel extention or new one piece barrel?  Unfortunaley, I have a scenario game coming up at the end of the month and fear I wont be able to attend if I dont get this fixed.

Anybody try to use the M4A1 longer extension without changing the inner barrel?  Will this work in a pinch until the new barrels come in?
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=7876
This should help fix  your problem and is a great alternative for those of us who have broken our KWA outer barrels

#32 kilo2824

kilo2824

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, woodworking, and other manly things.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

View PostNoveskeBeast, on 14 May 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=7876
This should help fix  your problem and is a great alternative for those of us who have broken our KWA outer barrels

That's exactly what I ordered this past Friday.  I hoping the swap out wont be too bad.  My buddy has all the tools.  

I just can't count on KWA anymore unfortunately.  Love their guns, but man I can't take it anymore with being led on week after week with the ol' "check back next week" speech.  Hopefully they can fix their supply chain issues because I'm a KWA fan but thinking of jumping ship on my next purchase.

#33 NoveskeBeast

NoveskeBeast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

It shouldn't be a tough fit at all really and if it is put a little bit of grease around the part that goes into the upper receiver,use a rubber mallet,and gently tap it until it sits flush.After be sure to wipe up and excess grease if you see any near the front portion of the upper receiver.
I must say that the reason as to why this part is not in stock is a rather valid one and shouldn't deter you from buying another KWA, I mean they decide to make a whole new outer barrel for us the customer, rather than stick with the cheap route of just making more and more of this one little part that could eventually break again. Not to mention all the support from the staff we get here on the forums when we are the ones who made the mistakes 80% of the time,tells me that they're here for us.
Might I also add that no other guns can really compare to the awesomeness that KWA's have.How can you beat, essentially, perfect compression stock? It's to the point where the good ol' 120 that gave us 400 +/- 5fps  in other guns, gives us KWA users a whopping 450fps.Not to mention of reinforced our gearbox is compared to others,and plenty of other reasons as to why KWA's just rule over most guns.
I apologize for ranting it's just that I wanted to get my point across.

#34 Alpha83

Alpha83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns, shooting guns, building guns, fixing guns, upgrading guns, reading about guns. Oh, and did I mention I like guns?

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:14 AM

I think KWA should invest in making parts in the good 'ol U.S.A.

Set up a Factory here and stop wasting time and money relying on their Taiwan factory to try and make parts, ship them here, pay the god knows how much in export fees, screwing around with U.S. Custom and for what? Only to get batches of five maybe ten parts for the lucky few that scrambled to buy them out, when hundreds of people need things to get their $400 airsoft gun up and running. OR even worse, KWA getting the wrong parts or bad parts only to ship them back and have people pissed.

I think parts would be more abundant, shorter wait periods between orders, manufacturing, and shipping. Possibly cheaper and with better metal quality/quality control maybe? After looking at the poor quality metal used in the CQB outer barrel, not blaming anyone here, but how hard is it to up the metal quality just a peg or two? (Not on the whole gun, but some key parts).

I don't blame KWA USA or customer service. This is not their fault, they aren't working in the back whittling these parts by hand. They are doing their job as best they can, and they do a pretty damn good job at that.  And I know it is embarrassing and frustrating to tell eager customers "Any day now" only to tell them weeks or months later "Well, funny thing happened along the way, maybe next month sport!". And it is equally frustrating for customers that have to keep asking like broken records - Do you think we like calling every week or few weeks to check what the status is on these parts? knowing if we don't we might miss that small window of ten parts that came in. NO! we don't.

Like us the customers, they too are at the mercy of sloooow production of few batches of parts being shipped overseas at the neck breaking speeds of one a week.

That's my thought, I know "they have their reasons" and blah, blah, blah. I don't want to hear them.

Build a Factory here for the love of CHRIST!!!

Edited by Alpha83, 18 May 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#35 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

I'm trying to make sure who needs this part still and making a list. Can you please PM me with your info so that I can make this list? Factory is supposed to get something to me soon...from what I'm told. Thanks for your patience everyone, and for working with us.

I'll need:

Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Pic of the breakage:

Get me all of this info to my PM box please, I know you've all been waiting for some time.

Thanks,

xKingSizex

#36 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

Does anyone else still need a CQB outer barrel? I have a handful left and haven't heard from too many of you. Sorry again for the wait.

#37 validtumoralarm

validtumoralarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

I hate to revive this, but is there an ETA for the new one-piece CQB barrels?

#38 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

There will not be one piece barrels, the factory did redesign the part but differently than we originally thought. The part has been reversed as far as the threading, and is much beefier than the previous version. The threads are now on the rear section and thicker.
I do have a few left after taking care of some of those that broke theirs. Let me know if anyone else needs one...

#39 The Jackal

The Jackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hey kingsize   I am one of the lucky few that still need this part.   Unfortunately I never took a picture of the adapter and it has since found it's way to the trash.   Do you still have any left?  How much are they gonna cost?

Thanks for working this out for us.

#40 validtumoralarm

validtumoralarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

I'd like one as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users