Jump to content


Km4 Cqb Front Barrel Section


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 schnarz25

schnarz25

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Airsoft
    Playing guitar
    Hunting
    Fishing
    Xbox 360
  • Country:

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

does anyone know when the front barrel section(the small piece) of the KM4 cqb barrel will be in stock? thanks

#2 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Should have them by end of the month. They're on order, just waiting for a parts shipment.

#3 schnarz25

schnarz25

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Airsoft
    Playing guitar
    Hunting
    Fishing
    Xbox 360
  • Country:

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

alright thanks.  :thumbsup:

#4 baloyds73

baloyds73

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

hi admins .. just a quick question... i also need to replace the barrel on my KM4 CQB ... the front section broke and the thread got stuck in the main barrel section ...
eniweys .. i ordered the main part of the barrel ... i read in one of the post in facebook that the delta ring thread is glued or loctited which might break my upper receiver if done improperly ....
do i need to heat the area of the delta ring thread??  if thats that case some plastic part around that area might get melted or something.
i ordered the right tools to do the change (i.e. punch tool and arm wrench)...
your help and assistance is greatly appreciated.

#5 Jonesy TFD

Jonesy TFD

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milwaukee WI
  • Country:

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

View Postbaloyds73, on 17 March 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

hi admins .. just a quick question... i also need to replace the barrel on my KM4 CQB ... the front section broke and the thread got stuck in the main barrel section ...
eniweys .. i ordered the main part of the barrel ... i read in one of the post in facebook that the delta ring thread is glued or loctited which might break my upper receiver if done improperly ....
do i need to heat the area of the delta ring thread??  if thats that case some plastic part around that area might get melted or something.
i ordered the right tools to do the change (i.e. punch tool and arm wrench)...
your help and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Return the section of barrel you ordered, and go to your local hardware store.  Ask for a nipple extractor- they run about three bucks and are essentially a reversed drill bit.  You can get the broken threads out like that.  

You might need to heat the end just a little, slowly twist in the extractor until it bites, and then you can turn it out with a crescent wrench.  

Posted Image

No need to risk breaking your gun or taking apart the delta ring ( Which may or may not have been stupidly glued together. )

Good luck.

#6 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yes there should be a small amount of thread locker on the threads due to Federal regulations and being able to have our items shipped to the US.

#7 Jonesy TFD

Jonesy TFD

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milwaukee WI
  • Country:

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 17 March 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

Yes there should be a small amount of thread locker on the threads due to Federal regulations and being able to have our items shipped to the US.

The barrel sections need to be glued together? Or in this case, the delta ring? Give me a break.  (hah, pun.)

Edited by Jonesy TFD, 17 March 2011 - 04:08 PM.


#8 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

We don't make the import laws that are set on us, it's ATF ruling. We just comply with the laws so we can continue to sell products in The US.

#9 baloyds73

baloyds73

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostJonesy TFD, on 17 March 2011 - 03:20 PM, said:

Return the section of barrel you ordered, and go to your local hardware store.  Ask for a nipple extractor- they run about three bucks and are essentially a reversed drill bit.  You can get the broken threads out like that.  

You might need to heat the end just a little, slowly twist in the extractor until it bites, and then you can turn it out with a crescent wrench.  

Posted Image

No need to risk breaking your gun or taking apart the delta ring ( Which may or may not have been stupidly glued together. )

Good luck.



thank you very much for the tip Jonesy ... it is greatly appreciated  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

#10 The Jackal

The Jackal

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

View Postbaloyds73, on 17 March 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

thank you very much for the tip Jonesy ... it is greatly appreciated  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:


Yeah, i have been waiting for the front barrel section for about two months now.   Hope they get plenty in stock.   Wish there was a way to put your name on a list so you are notified when they come in.   I have been calling weekly for two months.   Kinda frustrating.  Well admins, if you can create a list, please put me on it.

Thanks.


#11 baloyds73

baloyds73

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country:

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

jackal ... yeah, i feel your pain ... i couldn't wait for the cqb tip to come in so i ordered the km4a1 tip so at least i can decently use my gun ....  but once the cqb tip comes in, i'll order it also ...

http://store.kwausa....hhider-1-1.aspx

#12 schnarz25

schnarz25

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Airsoft
    Playing guitar
    Hunting
    Fishing
    Xbox 360
  • Country:

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

View Postscophone, on 05 April 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Well the life in the camp before nostalgia

could one of the moderators please do something about this guy? he keeps posting stuff that makes no sense at all.

#13 tomtama

tomtama

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 12 March 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

Should have them by end of the month. They're on order, just waiting for a parts shipment.


March has already come and gone. What is the latest ETA.

#14 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

UPDATE:

The reason we don't have them yet is because the design has been changed. Factory has switched to a one piece barrel design, and will be sending complete barrels to us soon.
I apologize for this long delay in getting the parts to everyone. I have truly been trying to get this worked out for those of you that need the barrels.

#15 tomtama

tomtama

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 13 April 2011 - 10:55 AM, said:

UPDATE:

The reason we don't have them yet is because the design has been changed. Factory has switched to a one piece barrel design, and will be sending complete barrels to us soon.
I apologize for this long delay in getting the parts to everyone. I have truly been trying to get this worked out for those of you that need the barrels.


Thanks for the update. I've already bought the longer outer barrel piece. Can I exchange it towards one of the new one piece barrels?

#16 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

View Posttomtama, on 14 April 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

Thanks for the update. I've already bought the longer outer barrel piece. Can I exchange it towards one of the new one piece barrels?

Yes you can if you have not installed and used the piece. I'll work with you on it...

#17 JoshB.King

JoshB.King

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland
  • Interests:too damn many if you ask me
  • Country:

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:39 AM

So those of us who have the base barrel and installed it, and have been waiting for the CQB tip for the last 6 months or so are now out of luck?

#18 tomtama

tomtama

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 14 April 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

Yes you can if you have not installed and used the piece. I'll work with you on it...

Thanks! As soon as you get the new one piece barrels in I'll open a helpdesk ticket for this.

#19 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:29 AM

Sounds good. I'll post up when we get them, and thanks again to all of you for being patient while we wait for the parts to arrive!  :punk:

#20 Explosive

Explosive

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa Florida
  • Interests:graphics
    airsoft
    military (ARMY)
    shooting
  • Country:

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

View PostJoshB.King, on 15 April 2011 - 01:39 AM, said:

So those of us who have the base barrel and installed it, and have been waiting for the CQB tip for the last 6 months or so are now out of luck?


KingSize

do you have a solution to this?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users