9 replies to this topic

#1 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

Now that my Fpg is working,  I've got the urge to tinker and mod. Has anyone tried the shooters design inner barrel, rocket valve or pro arms piston head? The last two parts are for the M18C but they should work in the Fpg. I'm averaging 330 fps at the moment and I would like to get up to 340-350 (local field limit for CQB)

Will the difference in diameter of the inner barrel affect fps by a lot? If so by how much roughly? I can hold off installing the rocket valve and piston head, but will probably order them with the inner barrel just in case. I'm also eyeing shooters design's reinforced part 10. couldn't hurt to have a spare.

So anyone here have experience or tips for upgrading the Fpg?

#2 enigmatts

enigmatts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

I have the fpg and have put on the beta project single point sling attachment. I have a shooters design tbb but I could not figure out how to disassemble the inner barrel from the hop up unit.  The fpg was the complete version, not the kit.  I'm heading to asgi today and will be chronoing. Hopefully someone there can help me with the disassembly. I'll post my findings as soon as I can.

#3 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

Previously, I installed a Beta Project single point sling and G&G upgraded recoil spring.  I am also using three AABB extended mags.  The AABB extended mags are pretty good, but not ideal for folding the FPG, but work well for reloads during game play.  I'm using a Replica Aimpoint Micro red dot for optics (ditched the handle) and a surefire knock off light with an offset light mount.  Pretty good setup for CQB.

Internally... well I never heard from anyone else, so I ended up installing the Shooters Design 6.03mm inner barrel.  It netted roughly a 10 FPS increase.  With the stock inner barrel, I was shooting about 332FPS (avg over 10 shots); after adding the inner barrel, it's about 345FPS (avg over 10 shots @ 70F).  I will chrono again and get more accurate measurements.  I have not tested the accuracy in a controlled environment, but from CQB play it seems pretty consistent with local brand .25g bbs.  I also installed the Shooters Design Rocket Valve which unfortunately decreased my FPS drastically.  Maybe I did something wrong, but it was shooting around 260FPS?  I'll try again later.  Lastly, I added the Shooters design reinforced loading ramp for durability.  

The last upgrade/mod I might do is use a stock KWA G18C slide, just because it looks cool inside the gun lol, with the stock outer barrel and some reinforced parts for durability.

#4 wepen935k

wepen935k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

any updates with the M18 slide?

#5 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

Just a little update. The Shooters design loading ramped broke very early ugh, but the stock ramp is holding up great.

The slide will fit and function but the fpg outter barrel won't fit into the M18C slide without modification. The m18c outter barrel is too short to accommodate the stock fpg inner barrel or the Shooters design inner barrel.

#6 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

If you have the FPG complete version, there are about dozens of little changes on the M series design to work better with the FPG concept.  So technically it's a better gun than the original FPG kit + G18.   And obviously some parts from the complete FPG will not work well with a G18 parts.

#7 Overkill1369

Overkill1369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

Sorry of this is necro-posting, but I own 2 FPG kits and I have had great sucess with upgrading them with aftermarket parts available for the G18C.  The parts I have installed are the following:

G&P steel recoil spring guide
Guarder Hammer Spring
NIneball Bullet Valve
PDI Tightbore barrel (M34 length)
Unknown Metal M34 outer barrel

#8 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostOverkill1369, on 11 September 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

Sorry of this is necro-posting, but I own 2 FPG kits and I have had great sucess with upgrading them with aftermarket parts available for the G18C.  The parts I have installed are the following:

G&P steel recoil spring guide
Guarder Hammer Spring
NIneball Bullet Valve
PDI Tightbore barrel (M34 length)
Unknown Metal M34 outer barrel

The FPG kit is not a KWA product and is much different internally from the full KWA FPG. The 'upgrade' parts may work for the kit but most will not work for the KWA product so we don't discuss the kits on this site since they don't apply to KWA product.

#9 Overkill1369

Overkill1369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

Roger that xKingSizex.  I will pull all the upgrades from the kit and see if I can install them into my friends KWA completed FPS and see what develops.

#10 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

It would be good to know. There were about a dozen part changes done in making the complete work as it should.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users