Jump to content


KWA M4 JP Conversion System Installation


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 darkfang68

darkfang68

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Location:Connecticut

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

I own a KWA M4A1 and I recently purchased a Long Madbull JP handguard.  When I tried to assemble it I ran into a huge problem.  I removed the delta ring and the threads that were underneath it are supposed to hold the JP delta ring which should screw right on.  However, when I tried to screw it in it would only screw over the first thread and then get stuck.  I have tried everything an nothing seems to get it to work.  If anyone owns a KWA with a JP handguard please help me and tell me how you got yours on!

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

Do need to re-thread your receiver.  The MadBull re-threading tool will do the trick.

#3 darkfang68

darkfang68

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Location:Connecticut

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:35 AM

View Postallizard, on Dec 21 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

Do need to re-thread your receiver.  The MadBull re-threading tool will do the trick.

What is the madbull rethreading tool and where can I find it?

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

http://www.madbullai...products_id=103
E-mail MadBull and ask who is carrying the product currently.

#5 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

Or you can sand down the threads on your reciever and it'll fit, thats what the madbull rep told me to do and its worked out well :)

#6 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

Do you guys have an Airsoft Target Shooting Category?

#7 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:28 AM

View PostkarMeister, on Dec 21 2008, 08:40 PM, said:

Do you guys have an Airsoft Target Shooting Category?
Huh? What do you mean, you think thats why we are all buying JP rifle kits :lol:

#8 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

View Postvic_man4, on Dec 22 2008, 07:28 AM, said:

Huh? What do you mean, you think thats why we are all buying JP rifle kits :lol:


  :P

#9 Spiggy

Spiggy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:City of Industry
  • Country:

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Dec 21 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

Do you guys have an Airsoft Target Shooting Category?
Depends on how bored people get

#10 Captainhj17

Captainhj17

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Location:Central PA

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

View Postvic_man4, on Dec 21 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

Or you can sand down the threads on your reciever and it'll fit, thats what the madbull rep told me to do and its worked out well :)

Vic_man
What exactly do you mean sand down the threads? Is it as simple as you stated. I got a JP kit for my KWA for xmas and I dont want any surprises come Xmas day when I try and install it and find out it wont fit. From what I can tell all I would do it take some heavier grit sand paper and sand down the top of the threads all the way around, thus allowing the kit to rethread the receiver itself?

#11 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

View PostCaptainhj17, on Dec 22 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

Vic_man
What exactly do you mean sand down the threads? Is it as simple as you stated. I got a JP kit for my KWA for xmas and I dont want any surprises come Xmas day when I try and install it and find out it wont fit. From what I can tell all I would do it take some heavier grit sand paper and sand down the top of the threads all the way around, thus allowing the kit to rethread the receiver itself?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

see how many o's I put in the word no, thats how much I mean it. Dont use heavy grit, use a light grit, but nothing 400 or wetsand automotive stuff, just normal 200-150 grit. I would suggest using a wire brush and get all the paint off just your recievers threads. the last thing you want to do is mess up your threads, cause then your really screwed cause you cant get your old delta ring on.

WHAT MADBULL SAID:
"Hi Vic,
That is KWA's problem.Their paint on metal body is too thick. Same to the G&P and King Arms.CA, TM is fine.Ours dimension is follow real guns dimension. So do all other factories. Just some factories is just careless and forgetto calculate the thickness of paint.My suggestion is use sand paper to make your threads thinner.Or you have to buy our Delta ring tool:http://www.madbullairsoft.com/English/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1We design this tools to solve KWA, G&P, and KingArms' problem...
Moreover, you can ask you local gun shop to help you to solve this problem. It is not our fault. We follow the real threads spec.
Thanks.
MADBULL"

So just lightly sand off the paint or even better, use a wire brush, but be sure not to strach your upper reciever cause itll look bad. Any more q's just PM me :)

Edited by vic_man4, 22 December 2008 - 07:53 PM.


#12 Captainhj17

Captainhj17

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Location:Central PA

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Ah, I understand, much easier than what I thought you had to do. I was under the impression that the threading tool would actually cut new threads where as its just used to clean the existing threads and not so much totally re-thread  the whole front receiver.
Thanks for clearing that up!

#13 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

View Postvic_man4, on Dec 22 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

WHAT MADBULL SAID:
"Hi Vic,
That is KWA's problem.Their paint on metal body is too thick. Same to the G&P and King Arms.CA, TM is fine.Ours dimension is follow real guns dimension. So do all other factories. Just some factories is just careless and forgetto calculate the thickness of paint.My suggestion is use sand paper to make your threads thinner.Or you have to buy our Delta ring tool:http://www.madbullairsoft.com/English/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1We design this tools to solve KWA, G&P, and KingArms' problem...
Moreover, you can ask you local gun shop to help you to solve this problem. It is not our fault. We follow the real threads spec.
Thanks.
MADBULL"

It's not the "thick paint", it's the pitch angle.:rolleyes:  Anyway, sanding it will work, rethreading tool will work, and a bit of brute force will also work too.

#14 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

View PostRadix, on Dec 22 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

It's not the "thick paint", it's the pitch angle.:rolleyes:  Anyway, sanding it will work, rethreading tool will work, and a bit of brute force will also work too.

Yes I know all about your Brute Force.   <_<

#15 DeadCell1

DeadCell1

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:17 AM

Yup I just sanded mine and took my time.  I sanded it with 400 grit and cleaned it.  Then I sprayed silicon oil on the receiver threads.  Stuck a skinny screwdriver through the holes in the ring for leverage and slowly worked it down.  I did it a lil bit at a time so it would move freely.  Every now and then i would take it all the way off and clean it again.  If I just hit a spot that was too tough, I would just sand it down a lil more and spray some more silicon.  Main thing you don't wanna do is muscle it too far at a time cause it can get really stuck in one spot.  And you're really gonna sweat trying to move it either direction.  If you're stuck don't try to muscle it forward, try to back it out.  Hope this helps

#16 darkfang68

darkfang68

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Location:Connecticut

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:49 AM

View PostDeadCell1, on Dec 23 2008, 12:17 PM, said:

Yup I just sanded mine and took my time.  I sanded it with 400 grit and cleaned it.  Then I sprayed silicon oil on the receiver threads.  Stuck a skinny screwdriver through the holes in the ring for leverage and slowly worked it down.  I did it a lil bit at a time so it would move freely.  Every now and then i would take it all the way off and clean it again.  If I just hit a spot that was too tough, I would just sand it down a lil more and spray some more silicon.  Main thing you don't wanna do is muscle it too far at a time cause it can get really stuck in one spot.  And you're really gonna sweat trying to move it either direction.  If you're stuck don't try to muscle it forward, try to back it out.  Hope this helps


I just finally got mine on and I must say this just about exactly sums up the experience I went through.  it is a real bitch though took me somewhere around 4 hours so make sure you have time f you're going to attempt it.

#17 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

View Postdarkfang68, on Dec 24 2008, 05:49 AM, said:

I just finally got mine on and I must say this just about exactly sums up the experience I went through.  it is a real bitch though took me somewhere around 4 hours so make sure you have time f you're going to attempt it.

Looks pretty sweet when you get it on eh? I swore at my gun a bit and hated it for a night then got it on the next day. Almost returned it :lol: When there was just a half turn left I just brute forced it cause I got tired of sanding XD

#18 Captainhj17

Captainhj17

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Location:Central PA

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:40 AM

I need some help guys, I got the ring on actually very easily, now im stuck. I dont know how to get the part out of the front of the receiver that the hop up slides into and is secured by.I cant even begin to get the barrel assembled until I get that piece out of there.  Is it held in by screws somewhere or does it unscrew CW or CCW?

Edited by Captainhj17, 25 December 2008 - 08:40 AM.


#19 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

View PostCaptainhj17, on Dec 25 2008, 09:40 AM, said:

I need some help guys, I got the ring on actually very easily, now im stuck. I dont know how to get the part out of the front of the receiver that the hop up slides into and is secured by.I cant even begin to get the barrel assembled until I get that piece out of there.  Is it held in by screws somewhere or does it unscrew CW or CCW?

Which part????????? I think your talking about the barrel nut, but Im not too sure.

#20 Captainhj17

Captainhj17

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Location:Central PA

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

This is the part im having trouble with. The barrel nut is fine, I can get the whole front end stripped down to where this piece is sticking out, which is the piece that holds the hopup chamber in the correct position in the gun itself. I cannot figure out how to get this part out as the main piece of the outer barrel of the JP kit is supposed to slide into the spot where this part is located.

Attached File  M4268.jpg   23.67K   7 downloads




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users