dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

Start by removing the screw above the barrel:

Posted Image

Once that is out of the gun you will need to press in the spring guide to remove the top dust cover:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Completely remove the top cover so your gun looks like this:

Posted Image

Now we will remove the spring guide and spring by simply pushing it forward and out of its slot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next we will remove the spring that keeps tension on the sliding tab above the barrel:

Posted Image

I use a pair of 90 degree needle nose pliers for this:

Posted Image

Now slide the tab until it is aligned like this:

Posted Image

Then remove the top pin.  It will be snug but if it takes much effort check that the sliding tab is aligned correctly or this wont come out:

Posted Image

Now push down on the tabs on both sides of the lower receiver and push the bolt forward (shown by the yellow arrows):

Posted Image

Now you can lift the bolt/barrel assembly out of the receiver.  If it wont come free easy check that the sliding tab is aligned correctly again:

Posted Image

This needs to be cleaned!

Posted Image

Now we can get to work on the bolt/barrel assembly:

Posted Image

Slide the bolt catch off in the direction showed:

Posted Image

Edited by dobey, 03 March 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#2 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

now it looks like this:

Posted Image

Next comes the bolt, it will slide right off the barrel:

Posted Image

Slider tab can come out:

Posted Image

Barrel slides out this way, its a bit tight but should come right out:

Posted Image

Support the bolt so you can tap out the pins like this:

Posted Image

Use a 1.5mm punch and a small hammer.  Tap out the pin that the spring loaded plate pivots on and remove them:

Posted Image

Next tap out the two short pins from each side:

Posted Image

Now the loading nozzle assembly can slide out the back:

Posted Image

Pop the springs off and the pieces can come apart:

Posted Image

Now to get the valve out, mine will be different than yours, this is a KWA MP7 valve to lower my fps by about 40:

Posted Image

Push this pin out, easy on the hammering as the parts here are plastic.  Make sure you press the pin out with the knurled edge first:

Posted Image

Valve and spring will come out the back, make sure when you remove the pin these don't go flying into the weeds!

Posted Image

#3 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

so if i'm seeing right, on that second to last picture, the pin is behind the jet nozzle, holding it in?

#4 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:48 AM

Yes it is, and the valve is under spring pressure so be careful when pushing it out or it can fly into the far corners never to be seen again.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

Pin worthy!!!

Dobey, thanks for doing this.  Can I get you a shirt?!

#6 onespeed808

onespeed808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

on the 24th picture, can i buy a replacement? because the springs on it were broken and the posts that held them in place.

#7 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

$10.00 in the pro shop:

http://store.kwausa....ight-2-1-2.aspx

Let me say they get parts out fast too, I ordered some nozzles on Monday and had them on Thursday from California to New York.

#8 Falken

Falken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Thanks, great guide!  It'll sure come in handy with two KMP9's i have to check down here. The bolt doesn't seem to be coming back all the way to the front after each shot, and you have to manually push it forward or tap the mag so it does. It's actually pretty dangerous, because if you press the trigger it doesn't shoot, but the mechanism seems to unlock, so if you tap the mag afterwards it just shoots!! I've found some BB residue in there, so I hope that a good cleaning will do the job.

#9 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

I had the same problem as Falken... I took the nozzle and cylinder apart and found to my dismay that the two tiny springs had actually broken and separated from the posts (cylinder return springs?)... And the two tiny springs are out of stock on the pro shop... (http://store.kwausa....-1-1-1-1-1.aspx) So I jerry-rigged it until i can find a better replacement for the springs. :P But for now, it seems as if the problem has been solved, that is, until the springs tear again... These are the springs: Posted Image. Can anyone tell me where I can find replacements? And another fact, I JUST got this GBB this past Friday, with no abuse what so ever.I have not dry fired it, I lubed it when used propane, and also ran green gas through it.

#10 KevinLam

KevinLam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

wait you can use a mp7 loading nozzle in this?

#11 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Nope.

#12 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Very nice (borat)...thumbs up :)

#13 Grimreefer

Grimreefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Thanks for the guide!

One thing I struggled with is re-installation of the bolt assembly.  A part needs to be pushed forward in order for the assembly to seat properly.

Posted Image

#14 RaedenGuenther-Palileo

RaedenGuenther-Palileo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Penspinning
    Eskrima
    BMX
    Girls :D
    Airsoft duh.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

For some reason my bolt wont slide all the way forward. Its about 3 millimeters away from going all the way forward. Do you know how to fix?

Attached Files

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

There is a small piece of metal on the left side and to the rear of the bolt that is preventing it from moving forward.  It is called the disconnector.  It is shown in post #13 of this thread.  Take a slotted screwdriver and push the disconnector forward so that it goes under the bolt.  The bolt will then re-seat itself and slide forward.  Let us know if this works. :gun:

#16 RaedenGuenther-Palileo

RaedenGuenther-Palileo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
    Eskrima
    BMX
    Airsoft duh.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

Yes it worked swimmingly thank you VERY much.

Now i am finished with cleaning and lightly oiling, but i have come into a new problem with Reassembling....

**i feel so stoopid i cannot solve these problems myself. I'm 15 i should be able to at least  :thumbsdown:  :withstupid:

Anyways no i am trying to reinstall the whole bolt assembly. I can get it in, but every time id do the bolt will not budge. It is pressed hard and stuck forward like how you should take it out.

Are you supposed to put the bolt catch on the bolt assembly before assembling or no. Thank You so much and sorry.

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

View PostRaedenGuenther-Palileo, on 13 July 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

Yes it worked swimmingly thank you VERY much.

Now i am finished with cleaning and lightly oiling, but i have come into a new problem with Reassembling....

**i feel so stoopid i cannot solve these problems myself. I'm 15 i should be able to at least  :thumbsdown:  :withstupid:

Anyways no i am trying to reinstall the whole bolt assembly. I can get it in, but every time id do the bolt will not budge. It is pressed hard and stuck forward like how you should take it out.

Are you supposed to put the bolt catch on the bolt assembly before assembling or no. Thank You so much and sorry.
Look at pages 12 and 13 of the operator's manual.  The step by step instructions are there.  Just take your time and don't force anything.  See here: http://www.kwausa.co...r-owners-manual

You will need to download it if the one that came with the gun is not available.

:gun:

#18 RaedenGuenther-Palileo

RaedenGuenther-Palileo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
    Eskrima
    BMX
    Airsoft duh.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

View Postgcw360, on 13 July 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Look at pages 12 and 13 of the operator's manual.  The step by step instructions are there.  Just take your time and don't force anything.  See here: http://www.kwausa.co...r-owners-manual

You will need to download it if the one that came with the gun is not available.

:gun:

lol. Thanks for all the help, even though i found that second part out by myself. Sorry for the cluttering, and its back in working order.   ^_^

#19 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Awesome.  It took me a minute or two to figure it out the first time too.  Now it's a breeze to do.  Happy to help. :gun:

#20 dattguyy

dattguyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft
    Baseball
    PS3

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Okay so I'm trying to disassemble my KMP9 to clean it but for some unknown reason I can not remove the top pin like instructed here and in the owners manual.  I have fully disassembled this gun before, but this time the top pin will not come out.  I think I may have assembled it wrong the last time I took it apart, because the sliding tab was all the way in like it is after you take out the spring when I first opened it.  Do you guys think I assembled wrong or do I just need to pull harder? Thanks in advanced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users