• Interests:Airsoft, KWA LM4

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

#2 Spootnik

Spootnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

I've been curious about this too. Does anyone confirm what he is saying? I want to know if that is actually the way you are supposed to load a mag before I buy it.

#3 Zed8

Zed8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

As far as I've heard, that shouldn't be a problem...

The KMP9 is a closed-bolt system. I know that with open-bolt systems like the Mac 11, you do indeed need to pull the bolt back. However, the system in the KMP9 should be similar to that in most pistols, right? You don't need to rack and lock the slide before putting in your pistol magazine.

EDIT: A new thread was just posted about a broken loading nozzle, so I'm going to partially withdraw my claim until we know for sure from KWA.

Edited by Zed8, 02 March 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#4 KevinLam

KevinLam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

yes the loading nozzle will break if you do not do this i broke my gun but doing this and i had the gun for about 2 days so please be careful with your gun and open the bolt before you load the mag

#5 Grimreefer

Grimreefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

In the manual it says that you need to allow clearance at the top of the mag (ie. Not jamming it completely full of bbs). However, with the mag nearly full it is very difficult to push the bbs down...so I think this could be hard on the nozzle over time. So don't fill your mags to the top, and make sure the bolt's back before inserting a mag.

#6 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

I have replaced the nozzles in two different mp9's mow and I am not convinced that loading a mag in the gun with the bolt closed is the problem.  My personal gun has not had this problem, I use nothing but propane and dry fire it all the time, have 5 mags and swap them all the time and have no sign of this yet.  I am trying to replicate the failure but cant.  Both players who broke theirs did so at home, one was dry firing it allot in his house, the other thought it was from slamming home the mag too much.

Here is one of the offending broken nozzles:

Posted Image

I don't think it is from slamming a full mag into a closed bolt, there is no sign of contact damage on the lip that feeds a bb into the barrel, and that would be taking most of the hit.  They both broke right around the holes where the pin goes through the nozzle that holds the valve in place.  When I can get mine to break I will know more, but it is still going strong.

#7 Grimreefer

Grimreefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

I agree it doesn't look like it has anything to do with the mag in that case.  I would think that's from stress on weak materials. With the violence of the insane rate of fire, it's not really surprising. Hopefully the next version will be stronger. Till then I'm going to keep a nozzle or two on hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users