7 replies to this topic

#1 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

If you are unsure of your mechanical skill level please don't attempt this yourself.  If your gun is under warranty I strongly suggest you contact KWA instead of trying to work on it yourself, the following procedures will void your warranty!

note: When using a punch to remove pins use the smallest hammer you have, and always punch the pin out so the knurled side is visible as you are pushing the pin out.  It is a bit larger than the rest of the pin to help secure it in place, but once it is free the pin should move much easier.

Start by removing the screw in the front of the gun above the barrel, black arrow is pointing to it in the following picture:

Posted Image

Next lift off the upper dust cover by pushing in the spring guide at the back of the dust cover and lift from the front:

Posted Image

Remove the bolt as per the instructions in your owners manual:

Posted Image

Using a 1.5mm punch and having the bolt supported so the pin has someplace to go gently tap out the pin that striker plate is pivoting on (note the black arrow indicating the knurled part of the pin):

Posted Image

Now gently tap out the two smaller pins:

Posted Image

Now the cylinder assembly should easily slide out the back, be careful of the two springs on the top of the cylinder:

Posted Image

Pop the springs off and the cylinder will slide free:

Posted Image

Now we can remove the valve, yours will look different than mine, I have a KWA MP7 valve in mine to reduce fps by about 30:

Posted Image

Push the pin out being sure to push the side out that is knurled, this part is plastic so use very little tapping force here, I could push mine out with just my hand and the punch, no hammer needed:

Posted Image

The valve and spring should now come out:

Posted Image

That is all there is too it!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

Nice job.:thumbsup:

#3 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

Bravo good sir. Exactly the information I needed :D

edit: I asked this in the Pro Shop section of the forums, but does KWA have any of those plastic MP7 nozzles laying around somewhere? Maybe in a dark corner? I really need to reduce my FPS, it's quite painful here in mississippi on a hot day :/

edit2: I already tried ordering one but I was sent the aluminum one.

Edited by MatthewTyson, 21 February 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#4 Ballcancer

Ballcancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Awsome dobey that was exactly the info that I needed ad thank you for the detailed and illustrated guide.

#5 Starkweather

Starkweather

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Hardcore punk, Airsoft, Video Games, Laughter, and much much more....

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

View PostBallcancer, on 21 February 2011 - 04:09 PM, said:

Awsome dobey that was exactly the info that I needed ad thank you for the detailed and illustrated guide.

Thanks bud. I've done the other parts on my pistols many times to clean them but I wasn't sure how to get the cylinder out. Easy peezey now that you've shown us!

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

:notworthy: If you can make pictures of taking the dust cover off as well, I will sticky the entire thread :hithearts:

#7 BlackCloud

BlackCloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, and Engineering

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

If you could show a couple more of the steps with pictures including how to remove the bolt carrier, barrel, muzzle ect. that would be awesome!!

Edited by BlackCloud, 02 March 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#8 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:02 AM

The reason I didn't do that the first time is my gun is a bit modified compared to everyone else in that area :shiftyninja: I have an R in the shop right now though that is all stock so I will take pictures of that today and post them up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users