18 replies to this topic

#1 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

Hey, does anyone know if there's a big difference between a regular KWA/KSC cylinder/"loading nozzle" and the (Complete or Kit version) FPG's loading nozzle/"enhanced cylinder"?  Unfortunately, my FPG is out of warranty (due to my own fault) and yesterday the cylinder just cracked in half.  I called KWA tech support to see if I could order the part (B.39) but they don't have it?  They referred me to Spartan Imports about RMAing it, but since I voided the warranty I wanted to order just the part.  However, they're just a wholesaler so they could not sell it to me.  Spartan Imports referred me to a some what local retailer and they said they could order the part for me.  But I won't know til Monday.  

Well anyway back to the question at hand.  What is the difference between the two loading nozzles/cylinders?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

The FPG cylinder has a ramp in it that allows the magazine to be folded onto it and not snap.  A kit version will be different from the full production model.

As far as technical and repair goes, Spartan I believe is handling the Magpul FPG...  Though if you need minor advice, two of the technicians at KWA(one being me) have been tinkering with these things.

#3 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 21 February 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

The FPG cylinder has a ramp in it that allows the magazine to be folded onto it and not snap.  A kit version will be different from the full production model.

As far as technical and repair goes, Spartan I believe is handling the Magpul FPG...  Though if you need minor advice, two of the technicians at KWA(one being me) have been tinkering with these things.

Well, I have been searching high and low for a replacement part, but KWA USA doesn't have it (waiting for a shipment from China... by boat? :() Spartan Imports doesn't have it (according to AirsoftGI reps without any ETA).  Forget my "local" dealers as they have been less than useful (read: giving me the run around).  I really like the FPG... but now it's just the FPW, Folding Paper Weight.  Are there any performance differences (ie cylinder volume, inlet shape) between the FPG(complete)cylinder, FPG(kit) cylinder, and a regular M/G-series cylinder, or is it just the ramp to allow the magazine to fold in?  I've been looking at pictures of G/M18C cylinders and if the only difference is the ramp, I'm about to order a regular G/M-series cylinder and mod it to work in my FPG until KWA USA has the parts in stock.  I also tried emailing some HK based online retailers hoping they have better access to the KWA factory for parts.  This is really disheartening, when it was working the FPG put a huge smile across my face.  One because it's awesome, and two because my girlfriend got it for me as a Valentine's day present.  (Best V-Day present ever btw)

Well, I hope I can mod something to get it working... but in the mean time the search continues...

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:49 PM

Do you have the serial number of you gun?

#5 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 23 February 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Do you have the serial number of you gun?

yeah, it's MPF01238US

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

ok, so you don't have a kit model, you have a production model.

The kit model has it's own cylinder made by Magpul themselves.  :shiftyninja: It's rough at best.

The production model has an altered version revised by KWA engineering, which was to cope with rough fitting.

#7 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Spiggy, do you have any idea when the proshop might be getting in replacement cylinders for the production model? Or anywhere I can get one? Is there a specific part number I should be asking for?

Do you think it's possible that the fpg I got may not have had the proper cylinder or just bad luck? I lubed it after every use.

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

We're trying to get some in hand for our end users, but for the most part, any warranty and servicing is provided by Spartan as they are the US distributor of Magpul PTS products.

What kind of lube did you use?

#9 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

I used the little bottle that came with the fpg. So I guess I'm Sol huh? Spartan imports apparently doesn't have the part either. :-(

#10 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

*doubt post* pls delete

Edited by thatguyx, 27 February 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#11 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

We will have the part before they will, they should be coming in this week hopefully. Keep an eye on the Pro Shop, I'm told I'll have a small quantity early in the week.

#12 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

Got the part ordered.  Decided to get two just in case.  Thanks a lot.  My FPG is no longer a FPW.  The ear to ear grin will return

#13 ljr14

ljr14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Purchased KWA FPG from eHobbyAsia and after brief use internal part broke (nozzle) and its become inoperable.  They refuse to replace FPG (it broke in less than two weeks).  Said KWA has guarantee and KWA referred me to Spartan, and it looks as if they will not take care of it if its out of their (3 month?) warranty.

Looking to just have it repaired.  Please advise.

Edited by ljr14, 30 May 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#14 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

What is the serial number on your product?

#15 ljr14

ljr14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

The serial number  is MPF01061AS (located on a silver plate close to the trigger embedded in the gun).  The gun they sent me was only meant to be sold in Asia (excluding Japan and Taiwan), and believe this may have something to do with the gun breaking down so fast without hardly using it (literally went through 6 clips before the nozzle broke)...was very surprised considering the cost of the gun....

View PostxKingSizex, on 30 May 2011 - 11:48 PM, said:

What is the serial number on your product?

#16 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, that's for the Asian market and are built differently. You can order the cylinder from us if you like, as we don't do repairs on non US market product at this time.

#17 ljr14

ljr14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

Ok.  Could you also include instructions on how to install this new part?  

Please let me know how to order...

Thanks.

View PostxKingSizex, on 31 May 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

Yeah, that's for the Asian market and are built differently. You can order the cylinder from us if you like, as we don't do repairs on non US market product at this time.

#18 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

We do not give repair instructions, but maybe some of the users could help you out.
You can call our office to place the order for the part. 626-581-1777

#19 ljr14

ljr14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

Great.  Thanks.

View PostxKingSizex, on 31 May 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

We do not give repair instructions, but maybe some of the users could help you out.
You can call our office to place the order for the part. 626-581-1777

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users