• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Don't use anything with alcohol in your bucking. Your inner barrel is ok but it has to be separated from your bucking when you clean with alcohol.

#42 Soren

Soren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

First off, thank you for the cleaning tips, very helpful!

However I seem to be having problems installing my hop up bucking after cleaning. I installed an edgi 6.01 barrel on my M4A1 during the cleaning process but am having issues sliding the barrel and hop up bucking back into the hop up unit. The bucking seems to be a tight fit and stretches as I push it in, leaving a small amount sticking out. I'm wondering if it would be ok to use a little bottled silicon oil on the outside of the bucking to help it slide back into the hop up unit, being careful to stay away from the top side where the nub makes contract... Would the oil soak into the rubber and eventually saturate it, making it ineffective?

One other issue, when I back the hop up all the way off while the barrel is out I can see the hop up is still on and had to use a qtip to lift it before removing the bucking. Should the hop up dial show an instant change or does it require a few a shots to be moved to my desired setting. I'm just worried something is sticking in the hop up unit.

Thanks for any help :-)

#43 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hi Soren - Welcome to the Forum.  I use spit, yes spit, to help when sliding the bucking on the barrel, or the barrel into the hop-up.  I would avoid silicone.  One question, where did you buy the EdGI barrel and are you sure is was cut for the KWA hop-up?

Lastly, the nub may keep the bucking slightly engaged sometimes when the hop-up is dialed off.  The test is if you are getting too much hop when firing BB's with the hop-up off.  If that is the case, then the nub may be too long.

#44 Soren

Soren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for such a quick reply. Of course, spit, the simple solutions are usually the best haha

I ordered the barrel from the pro shop and was careful to specify the "K" designated option, however I don't know how to verify which one was sent to me since there are no markings on the tube it came in and the invoice didn't show the full part number. I just have to trust the order was shipped properly from the pro shop.

Time to take another crack at it.

#45 Jerzreb

Jerzreb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Wow!
Brand new owner of a M4A1 and of course I had to clean it with silcone spray before I played, read that somewhere. :blink:
Went to the field and had no hop up to speak of. Since reading this I pulled the barrel and hop up and cleaned everything with soap and water. Still have to test it out but from what I've read here I'm sure that the silicone I added plus any packing grease was the issue. I'll update when I can get out to the field to test, don't have the room in my backyard.

Thanks,
:notworthy:

#46 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

If the swelling of the bucking wasn't too severe simply cleaning/soaking in warm soapy water will resolve issues but have another 2G bucking ready just in case.

#47 General_JerryWalter

General_JerryWalter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft/Paintball, Soccer, Guitar and other less noteworthy things

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

okay, so i just go a KM4-A1 about two weeks ago. I'm having the problem of BB's firing about 10 feet 8out of 10 shots.  It is only happens about every 20 time on full but semi is every time.  i took the Bucking and soaked it in soapy water over night and cleaned the barrel real good. i have used silicone once before i read this but only once. I'm using high quality BB's and is have no idea what to do, i put about 3000 rounds through it before cleaning the bucking and barrel and about 2000 today after reassembly. I'm clueless at what to do.

#48 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

General_JerryWalter, on 21 April 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

okay, so i just go a KM4-A1 about two weeks ago. I'm having the problem of BB's firing about 10 feet 8out of 10 shots.  It is only happens about every 20 time on full but semi is every time.  i took the Bucking and soaked it in soapy water over night and cleaned the barrel real good. i have used silicone once before i read this but only once. I'm using high quality BB's and is have no idea what to do, i put about 3000 rounds through it before cleaning the bucking and barrel and about 2000 today after reassembly. I'm clueless at what to do.
Hi Gen GJ - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  We are here to help and with that said I think we, or at least I, need some clarification.  When you write, "I'm having the problem of BB's firing about 10 feet 8out of 10 shot", are saying that the range is 10 feet 8 out of 10 shots fired? And, that is happens all the time on semi-auto but less often on full-auto?  If this is the case I have a few questions to help narrow down the possibilities:
  • What BB's are you using?
  • What mags are you using?
Poor feeding due to the mag or poor BB quality can cause mis-feeds that are easily correct buy trying the stock mag and KWA bb's
  • Have you done any modifications at all to the gun? This includes the addition of furniture like a new flash suppressor
  • Is the cylinder head cracked or damaged?  This can cause the bb's to fire all over the place
Let's start there, there are other things we can examine but lets get answers to these questions first and we'll do our best to get you back up and running.

#49 General_JerryWalter

General_JerryWalter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

@gcw360
sorry for not being clear, yes when i fire on semi-auto the BB's shoot only about 10 feet 80% of the time, otherwise they shoot normal.  on full-auto the problem is less prominent but it is still occurring.  i am using Ultrasonic .20g BB's, are these okay? i have ordered .25 KSC BB's but they have not arrived yet.  i am using the Stock KWA mag so i shouldn't have a problem there, i also purchased two D-Boys Hi-Cap mags and i don't think there bad either.  as i said i have just recently (as of two weeks ago) got this gun, so i havent modified it in any way.  i have only used it twice in skirmishes so no hard wear n' tear should have occurred. Without taking the gearbox apart i see no cracking on the cylinder either.  i have heard that this is a common problem with new KWA guns and will eventually go away as you break in the gun? i don't know if this is true or not.

#50 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thank you for clarifying.  I have never used Ultrasonic BBs so I can't say if they are the culprit but I am hopeful that is the case.  Stick with the KWA mag while figuring this out.  Regarding shooting 10 ft being an issue with a new KWA, it really isn't.  What does happen though when grease gets in the hop-up, on the bucking, or in the barrel is that hop-up is lost or reduced to the point that the BB travels around 60ft and drops.  This isn't what your issue is based on what you are describing.

Now, here are a few things to look for and try:
  • As discussed, try KWA BB's
  • Be sure the mag release button and latch are secure
  • Look at the feed ramp to see if there is any damage.  Look at the bottom in the magwell and at the top buy the nozzle.  If it is damaged or not seated properly it can cause feeding issues
  • Open the receiver and see if the nozzle cycles when dry fired...if it doesn't then it's the tappet plate
  • With the receiver opened, see if the nozzle will move side to side...if it does then the cylinder head may be cracked.
Now, you haven't taken the gearbox out have you?  Also, are you getting double feeds?

Please keep us updated.  We will figure it out.

#51 General_JerryWalter

General_JerryWalter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

i haven't had a chance to check any of the problems mentioned but i will do that ASAP, as to answer the last questions;
  • i have not taken out the gearbox
  • i have experienced double feeding
I will post what i find out about questions 2-5

#52 General_JerryWalter

General_JerryWalter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

okay, so i checked it out and everything seems to be fine, the only thing is that the bottom of the feed ramp (inside the mag-well) is a little, how would i explain it, frayed? its like when you stab a pencil through cardboard the cardboard sticks out of the side the pencil came out, its not that bad but there's a little bit of plastic on the edge. i'm hoping that  bad BB's is the problem

#53 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

That could be it....or the BB's.  Still betting on the BB's though but without seeing the feed ramp it's hard to say.

#54 General_JerryWalter

General_JerryWalter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

yea, thanks so much for the information though, ill try to get up a picture of the feed-ramp but it may be hard to get in the mag-well, if the new BB's don't do it my 45day warranty is still good, hopefully i wont need it though. Thanks!

#55 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Sounds like a plan....keep us posted.

#56 Hyper

Hyper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Great post!! learned allot, thank god I haven’t used my gun or did its first cleaning yet!!

Edited by Hyper, 01 May 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#57 manglepop

manglepop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

To clean the inner barrel, do i open the upper receiver and take out the barrel or could i just clean it by sticking the cleaning rod down the barrel? Just want to know the safest way so i don't damage my inner barrel.

#58 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

The best way to clean it would be to split the receivers then take out the barrel and hop up.  Then it would be even better if you can remove the barrel from the hop up unit before you clean it.

#59 manglepop

manglepop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

It is necessary to separate the barrel and hop up unit? I'm kinda uncomfortable doing so.

#60 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Not necessary but preferred.  Just be certain that you don't go into the hop-up unit with the rod during cleaning.  If you must clean the hop-up I recommend a Q-Tip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users