#21 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

Did you read this thread and perform the necessary steps in cleaning it?

#22 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

I have, last night, I haven't put the bucking back in to see the results yet, but I didn't know if a dirty hop up bucking would result in no performance from the hop up.  the guy I bought it from was spraying silicon oil in the mags to get them to work off someone elses advise, and I think that may be the problelm.

#23 WhiteWhale

WhiteWhale

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, real steel, photoshop, videos, gaming

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

Check for a nub in the hop up unit otherwise try soaking your bucking in warm soapy water.

#24 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

View PostIrishReaper, on 08 March 2011 - 04:48 AM, said:

I have, last night, I haven't put the bucking back in to see the results yet, but I didn't know if a dirty hop up bucking would result in no performance from the hop up.  the guy I bought it from was spraying silicon oil in the mags to get them to work off someone elses advise, and I think that may be the problelm.

The hop up and bucking, exposed to oil and dirt can very well make the hop up ineffective. Make sure the hop up and bucking are not exposed to any oils, especially from the ones from the mags that the guy sprayed silicone oil into, meaning it may be a good idea to clean the mags.

#25 NeKro

NeKro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

This post helped me out alot! I had range issue with the bb's taking a shard dip down after make 50-75 feet. Followed the steps and no shoots what I expected.

#26 folkloricjungle

folkloricjungle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

What about just lubing the hop-up? Do I use silicon oil? Do I even need to lube the hop-up at all? Sorry, stupid questions, I'm rather new to taking apart/cleaning guns.

Edited by folkloricjungle, 27 March 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#27 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

View Postfolkloricjungle, on 27 March 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

What about just lubing the hop-up? Do I use silicon oil? Do I even need to lube the hop-up at all? Sorry, stupid questions, I'm rather new to taking apart/cleaning guns.
Keep the hop-up and bucking dry.  Lubrication introduced to the bucking can cause the hop-up to be ineffective.:gun:

#28 folkloricjungle

folkloricjungle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

Ah, so no lubing. Alright thanks for the help!

#29 jdmathew

jdmathew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

In regards to drop off and ineffective hopup....
If you try and seperate the barrel from the hopup unit, even with the hopup off (up),you can pop the hopup rubber nub out of its seat as you pull the barrel apart from the hopup unit.  This will make you lose all hopup and you will not see a change in the bucking when you try and turn the hop up or down. To fix this, you must go against the manual recommendation and take the hopup unit completely apart. Correct reassembly as shown in the pictures solved this for me.  I will have to do this again when i install my new barrel and bucking (if i ever do that).

Feel free to let me know if im missing an easier way.

#30 norburg

norburg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

what about the slight lubrication that comes even on KSC bbs? is this bad for the hopup?

#31 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

View Postnorburg, on 06 May 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

what about the slight lubrication that comes even on KSC bbs? is this bad for the hopup?

The KSC bb's are made by KWA and the KWA platform is designed around the ammo they make, so the polish surface/dry lubrication? around KSC bb's are not bad for the hop up. I would recommend to continue maintaining/cleaning your barrel/hop up, perhaps even after every game.

#32 norburg

norburg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

ok thanks thats what i assumed, but there was a video of some people washing their bbs which i thought was pretty extreme but made me curious.

#33 Alan

Alan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Soccer, Games, Tennis.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

any videos at all that goes with this topic ? thanks

#34 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:21 AM

View Postnorburg, on 07 May 2011 - 12:21 AM, said:

ok thanks thats what i assumed, but there was a video of some people washing their bbs which i thought was pretty extreme but made me curious.
I wash all my bb's............................................. :whistle:

#35 Admiral_Bam

Admiral_Bam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the guide. Just got a second-hand SR-12 upper with a non-functioning hop and really poor range. Fixed it and am getting better performance than my brand new KWA M4-RIS! Fantastic!

#36 Lumadar

Lumadar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

Loved the write-up, but being a bit of a newb I would LOVE it even more with pictures or video. Heck, I think an official "how-to clean and adjust your hop-up" video from KWA for the M4 line would be a REALLY relevant video.

#37 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

I'll be happy to review it if someone would like to make it.

#38 KWAfan

KWAfan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

Hello, i have a question regarding how to clean the inner barrel and that stuff... I just read the dos and donts above and well i bought an ISC lubricant oil spray but now im not sure if i should use it for my pistols. Is it recommended for ALL guns to use just water or is this fine too: http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=25170

#39 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

There is no place for "silicone" sprays in AEG's or GBB.  And NEVER use spray silicone to clean your barrels especially with the inner barrel still attached to the bucking and hop up unit.  Just run a patch soaked with dish soap and water solution to clean.  Then run a patch with just water to rinse.  Finally a couple of dry patches and you are good to go.  I sometimes use some rubbing alcohol to clean my barrel but you have to separate the barrel from the bucking and hop up.

#40 Pow217

Pow217

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

I have disposable wipes made by Zeiss used to clean eye glasses, great at removing oily finger prints and such. These wipes use a small amount of alcohol to help remove grease and dry fast.
My question is, would these work on the hop up bucking to clean in the field or would they damage the soft rubber?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users