• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

Ok so I just recieved my kmp9 from airsoft gi and was really excited until I started shooting it.  I went in the middle of the woods where there was little to no wind to try and get my red dot sighted for a game this weekend(I know sighted is a very loose term with airsoft).  As I shot, (about 400 bbs) I noticed that about 7 out of 10 were severly curving left and the ones that went straight enough to hit the target were still curving left, just not as bad.  I was about 60 feet away and was shooting ksc .25s.  I tried adjusting the hop up and the only time that it fixed the problem is when It was all the way off.  I know that this is a close quarters gun and that 60 is probably stretching its range a bit, but they were all going left and missing the target by a couple of feet. Is there anyway to correct this problem?

#2 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

You should be able to hit targets out to 150 to 200 feet easy with the MP9.  Sounds like the hop rubber/inner barrel is twisted and so the back spin is arcing it off to the side.  You will need to have it repaired.

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

Did you clean out the barrel fresh from the box?

#4 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 14 February 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

Did you clean out the barrel fresh from the box?
no, I just got home and was about to field strip and clean it, didn't really have the time earlier.

#5 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

View Postdobey, on 14 February 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

You should be able to hit targets out to 150 to 200 feet easy with the MP9.  Sounds like the hop rubber/inner barrel is twisted and so the back spin is arcing it off to the side.  You will need to have it repaired.
I was kinda thinking that myself, is that something that I can do myself(I am very mechanically inclined, but unfamiliar with airsoft) or do I need to ship it off and pay someone.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Here, watch this and clean the barrel, bucking etc, as instructed.  The process is essentially the same with your gun.  See if that fixes or improves things. http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=3111

:gun:

#7 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

View Postgcw360, on 14 February 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

Here, watch this and clean the barrel, bucking etc, as instructed.  The process is essentially the same with your gun.  See if that fixes or improves things. http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=3111

:gun:
I deffinately will clean the barrel, but when I got it appart I saw that dobey was right.  the hop up is twisted about 20 to 25 degrees clockwise. which is funny because you would think that would make it spin off to the right.  Correct me if I am wrong, but your hop up nub should be centered on the top of the barrel right.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

View PostIrishReaper, on 14 February 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

I deffinately will clean the barrel, but when I got it appart I saw that dobey was right.  the hop up is twisted about 20 to 25 degrees clockwise. which is funny because you would think that would make it spin off to the right.  Correct me if I am wrong, but your hop up nub should be centered on the top of the barrel right.

When looking down the barrel, or the empty gun, the hop-up bucking should protrude into the barrel at 12:00 when engaged. :gun:

#9 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

View Postgcw360, on 14 February 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

When looking down the barrel, or the empty gun, the hop-up bucking should protrude into the barrel at 12:00 when engaged. :gun:
when I hold the barrel level like it would be in the gun the far left end of the hop up is almost right at 12:00

#10 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

so how do I fix this or who do I send it to.  The inner barrel doesn't seem to come out even after the little hex screw is taken out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users