4 replies to this topic

#1 coldfire

coldfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hi All:

I just had my gear box fail. It looks like the trigger switch stop? broke. See pic below:

http://s379.photobuc...irsoft/KM4S.jpg

I've only had this gun for about 3 weeks and had about 6K rounds through it. It was working fine
and then just stopped shooting. 90% of the shooting is in semi-auto.The failure occurred in semi-auto.
The trigger has felt a bit funny from the first day. My dilemma is that it's been taken apart and past
Evike's warranty period. I have not contacted KWA yet to see what they
have to say. I'm not sure how they will feel about the gun being taken apart.

Worse case scenario is that I will have to get a new gear box. Any suggestions on which one to get
if it comes down to this? Any other alternate suggestions? I'm not sure if it's fixable short of drilling
and tapping a new piece of metal in there.

So far this gun has been great. I just use it down in my basement for plinking. It doesn't go outside
or skirmish.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

View Postcoldfire, on Dec 11 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Hi All:

I just had my gear box fail. It looks like the trigger switch stop? broke. See pic below:

http://s379.photobuc...irsoft/KM4S.jpg

I've only had this gun for about 3 weeks and had about 6K rounds through it. It was working fine
and then just stopped shooting. 90% of the shooting is in semi-auto.The failure occurred in semi-auto.
The trigger has felt a bit funny from the first day. My dilemma is that it's been taken apart and past
Evike's warranty period. I have not contacted KWA yet to see what they
have to say. I'm not sure how they will feel about the gun being taken apart.

Worse case scenario is that I will have to get a new gear box. Any suggestions on which one to get
if it comes down to this? Any other alternate suggestions? I'm not sure if it's fixable short of drilling
and tapping a new piece of metal in there.

So far this gun has been great. I just use it down in my basement for plinking. It doesn't go outside
or skirmish.

Thanks in advance.

If your within 45 days of purchase date then your warranty is still good. As long as the gun was not altered in any way, our CS rep should be able to take care of you.  Contact our customer service department at 626.581.1777 or send a RMA request to support@kwausa.com.

#3 hammer

hammer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:55 PM

mine broke also. I repaired it with some simple tools :)

Posted Image

#4 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

View Posthammer, on Dec 11 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

mine broke also. I repaired it with some simple tools :)

Posted Image

damn!  they have customer service for AEGs?  I could barely get customer service for my lousy ISP! hahaha!

#5 hammer

hammer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:57 AM

View PostkarMeister, on Dec 11 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

damn!  they have customer service for AEGs?  I could barely get customer service for my lousy ISP! hahaha!

nyahaha! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users