• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

Has anyone tried a 6.01 barrel in their KMP9?  I am new to airsoft and am just wondering if the high rate of fire or the use of gas as the propellant would cause any jams?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

I don't think there is one on the market yet

#3 HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

Don't think there's one on the market yet, as Spiggy said, but to answer your questions, neither the high rate of fire, nor the green gas/propane would cause jams...

As for the high rate of fire, the BBs aren't rubbing the barrel, so it's no different in that regard to a "looser" barrel.

As for the gas as a propellant, it's just green gas (propane) being used instead of whatever the piston sucks in out of the air in an AEG.

#4 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for the info, one website told me that they had barrel extensions the other said no (they also told me that the high rate of fire would cause jams in a 6.01), so until I got on here I did'nt know what was what.  I however am planning on making a barrel extension, or just a longer outer barrel. Assuming I can rig a mock [barrel extension] or something will these not take standard aeg barrels?  I know this may be a dumb question, but I am still waiting for it to arive so I haven't got a chance to take a look at it yet.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:08 PM

Congratulations on the new gun that's on the way.  No, the MP9 will not take a standard AEG inner barrel.  As an FYI adding a TBB tends to boost your FPS, but you probably know that.  Adding length will also boost your FPS especially in a GBB gun.  Before you start modifying, when there is a barrel available, take note of the FPS limits where you play.  You may find yourself going too high depending on the type of play you do.  :gun:

#6 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

View Postgcw360, on 08 February 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

Congratulations on the new gun that's on the way.  No, the MP9 will not take a standard AEG inner barrel.  As an FYI adding a TBB tends to boost your FPS, but you probably know that.  Adding length will also boost your FPS especially in a GBB gun.  Before you start modifying, when there is a barrel available, take note of the FPS limits where you play.  You may find yourself going too high depending on the type of play you do.  :gun:

Right now the only two places I play are not at fields, just a group of guys playing in the woods or in a large barn. I know that it will raise my fps, I am just not sure how much.  It wouldn't be an issue unless it were to get it going more than 450ish. This will primarily be a side arm and used as is as back up for the dmr I want to put together.  For now though it is my primary and was just looking to get a little more accuracy at range to compete with carbines.  Is there any other way to do that?

#7 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

Try heavier ammunition

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

Ditto that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users