• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 NTM2403

NTM2403

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Sorry you have 395mm in right now or you expect them in a couple of weeks? Sorry to hassle just to clarify.

Thanks!

#42 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Couple weeks

#43 s197

s197

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 08 June 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

We should have them within the next couple of weeks! Only in 395 and 425 right now...still no luck on 509 yet.

Thanks for the update.  Disappointed on no 509's.  It's bad enough KWA uses so many proprietary parts, it compounds the problem when they're never in stock.  I really love the customer service and quality products KWA provides but this will be a big consideration in my next gun purchase.

#44 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

View Posts197, on 09 June 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

Thanks for the update.  Disappointed on no 509's.  It's bad enough KWA uses so many proprietary parts, it compounds the problem when they're never in stock.  I really love the customer service and quality products KWA provides but this will be a big consideration in my next gun purchase.

There really aren't that many proprietary parts like people talk about. The parts that are, are that way for a performance increase that can't be found in other guns. If we make the parts the same as every other manufacturer, then nothing will ever get better in this industry...We will be at a standstill, using products that were designed 20 years ago.
Other barrels can be used as well, as listed on these forums by other users.

#45 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

View Posts197, on 09 June 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

What are some of these so called proprietary parts you speak of?  Can you list them?  I can tell you that I have a box of gears and other parts for V2 that will all install into a KWA GB without a problem.  Of course there maybe a little loss in performance but if KWA doesn't have a major component that I need I can use the parts I already have in my box without any issues.
One day just to prove my point that I am going to use all the spare parts I have from other manufacturers for my KWA GB just to see if KWA really mostly uses proprietary parts. :thumbsup:

Edited by niko_gpsy, 09 June 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#46 apike

apike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Why no 509s in a couple of weeks?  Were they not on your most recent order to Edgi?  Or is there going to be an issue getting more 509s going forward?  I've been waiting for a while.  Even ordered one a while back that showed it was in stock only to find out later it was a site glitch and they were not in stock.  Any additional info. you can supply on the 509 would be appreciated...thanks!

#47 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

We ordered them, but they can't supply them.

#48 apike

apike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

When they said they "can't" supply them did they give a reason why?  Seems like they would give some explanation why since you did order them...thanks!!

#49 s197

s197

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 09 June 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

What are some of these so called proprietary parts you speak of?  Can you list them?  I can tell you that I have a box of gears and other parts for V2 that will all install into a KWA GB without a problem.  Of course there maybe a little loss in performance but if KWA doesn't have a major component that I need I can use the parts I already have in my box without any issues.
One day just to prove my point that I am going to use all the spare parts I have from other manufacturers for my KWA GB just to see if KWA really mostly uses proprietary parts. :thumbsup:

C'mon lets not go down this road.  Those pile of parts are in a box and not in your gun because after trying them out you found they were a bad combo and reverted back to a lot of stock parts.  You didn't buy those parts because you wanted to have replacements on hand.  They just turned into replacement parts because they serve no better use at the moment.  Rather than put words into your mouth, here's exactly what you said:  (emphasis mine)

View Postniko_gpsy, on 09 May 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

LOL!
In the past 2 weeks I have tried many combinations as far as internals goes. Tried different buckings, cylinders, cylinder head, air nozzles, piston, piston head, and spring. And after all sorts of combos and all the testing I came to a conclusion that there really isn't much you can do to a KWA to make a huge improvement.  All the after market "modifications" did was just kill my fps and rps. I ended up sticking all the stock parts back in for now with an SP120 spring and am shooting around 470. Only thing I ended up changing was the spring, edgi 6.01,  hop up nub, shim job and added a mosfet  w/ AB.  Almost forgot, i did polish the gears and piston rails and just gave it a good lube. I have taken my SR12 apart countless times and I am now tired and taking a long break.  
I am not done but just decided to take my time on my DMR project and do a bit more research. I must've spent another $200 in various different parts that's just sitting in my tool box.  I guess I'll build another GB for a new gun project in the future.

If we make the parts the same as every other manufacturer, then nothing will ever get better in this industry...We will be at a standstill, using products that were designed 20 years ago.

This is a much better argument.  Differentiating your parts from other manufacturers = proprietary.  I have no problem with that, as I said in my initial post, my problem is that these parts are so hard to come by.

Edited by s197, 10 June 2011 - 02:29 PM.

#50 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Ok, since this is a thread about TBBs, :
Tight bore barrels always out of stock. Any idea when you might have some in?"
Let's get back on topic please. :sigh:

#51 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

View Posts197, on 10 June 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

C'mon lets not go down this road.  Those pile of parts are in a box and not in your gun because after trying them out you found they were a bad combo and reverted back to a lot of stock parts.  You didn't buy those parts because you wanted to have replacements on hand.  They just turned into replacement parts because they serve no better use at the moment.  Rather than put words into your mouth, here's exactly what you said:  (emphasis mine)

But i was saying that those parts are by no means an upgrade. But a replacement? Yes if kwa was not available. Proprietary parts by no means bc i can get it to all work to serve as replacement for KWA. But it will not be considered an Upgrade.
Ok back to barrels. Lol

This is a much better argument.  Differentiating your parts from other manufacturers = proprietary.  I have no problem with that, as I said in my initial post, my problem is that these parts are so hard to come by.

Edited by niko_gpsy, 10 June 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#52 JohnSmith

JohnSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

*.*.*.*.*
So... is there a longer TBB that will fit the M9 PTP or am I stuck with only the stock length ?

#53 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

Stock length unless you order a custom length directly from EDgI.

#54 flare791

flare791

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:airsoft track and field having fun

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

you said a couple weeks about two months ago any new updates on the availability?

#55 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

I said that a couple of weeks ago. Will be up on the Pro Shop on Friday.

#56 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

Better keep an eye glued on the proshop.  Those barrels will fly out the door. :P

#57 BRAGGY

BRAGGY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 06 July 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

I said that a couple of weeks ago. Will be up on the Pro Shop on Friday.

Friday? 8th? 15th? 29th? lol!
I hope you guys re-stock a lot of 509mm, been waiting for that for about 2 months now.
Btw, Thank you for the fast shipping. I received my hop-up bucking 24hrs after I placed my order.
Keep it up!

#58 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

Like I mentioned before, unfortunately no 509mm at this time. 425 and 395 only.
Sorry.

#59 BRAGGY

BRAGGY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 06 July 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

Like I mentioned before, unfortunately no 509mm at this time. 425 and 395 only.
Sorry.

I'm heartbroken! :( lol

#60 airsofthunter

airsofthunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

will the 509s be back within 2 months?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users