Jump to content


Tight bore barrels always out of stock.


  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Garrison64

Garrison64

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

I've been checking since before Christmas and there are never any TB barrels in stock here. Specifically I'm interested in the SR10 models. Any idea when there might be some in stock?

And regarding that, what is the main difference if you move from the 6.03 to the 6.01 barrel? It seems like such a small change. I was just curious if going down to the tightest bore has the potential for causing problems or is there some other reason you would want to get the 6.03 over the 6.01 since tighter is supposed to be more accurate?

Edited by Garrison64, 04 February 2011 - 02:59 PM.


#2 Bryant

Bryant

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft, Military, and Law Enforcment.
  • Country:

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

View PostGarrison64, on 04 February 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

I've been checking since before Christmas and there are never any TB barrels in stock here. Specifically I'm interested in the SR10 models. Any idea when there might be some in stock?

And regarding that, what is the main difference if you move from the 6.03 to the 6.01 barrel? It seems like such a small change. I was just curious if going down to the tightest bore has the potential for causing problems or is there some other reason you would want to get the 6.03 over the 6.01 since tighter is supposed to be more accurate?

All you have to do is watch what BB's you use, and clean your barrel often.

#3 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

The shipment was supposed to have gotten sent out today, and on its way. Everything we are getting will be in 6.01 only...including 247mm for G36C!

#4 mikemike

mikemike

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Country:

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm going to try a Prometheus 6.01 barrel for my KM4A1-TAC. I'm told that this barrel will improve accuracy and increase FPS 10-20%. Makes me wonder what the cost difference is for KWA at point of manufacture to install their 6.03 instead of the 6.01. Perhaps this is how they generate business for the Pro Shop.
I am relying on 2nd hand info that the barrel I have is 6.03 because everything I rec'd in the box is Chinese. If someone here could tell me how to find actual dimensions and perhaps which version I have... I would appreciate it.
I would have preferred to buy stuff from KWA but everything I want is out of stock. Fortunately my gun has worked flawlessly and I'm only upgrading during a long spell between milsims.

#5 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

We do not install a 6.01 due to the fact that it is not a good barrel for everyone. That tight of a bore requires knowledge of proper maintenance and proper ammo. If we put a 6.01 in every gun, the failure rate due to user error would be much higher and cause issues. It's not a matter of getting more money using the Pro Shop, we aren't making the EDgI barrels and don't make much from them...they are up as a convenience for our users that want an aftermarket barrel that fits properly.

I would use a digital caliper to measure your barrel to see what you have. It should be a 6.05mm for the S-Tactical from factory.
If you wait a little while and want a 6.01 that properly fits, we should have the barrels in stock soon.

#6 slixodus

slixodus

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

woot!! will be waiting patiently for that edgi 6.01 425mm barrel for my SR-10 as I did on the kong power lipo batteries. I just ordered the guarder SP130 and together with the edgi barrel, my new kwa should own soon . :gun:

#7 Garrison64

Garrison64

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:31 AM

View Postmikemike, on 04 February 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

I'm going to try a Prometheus 6.01 barrel for my KM4A1-TAC. I'm told that this barrel will improve accuracy and increase FPS 10-20%. Makes me wonder what the cost difference is for KWA at point of manufacture to install their 6.03 instead of the 6.01. Perhaps this is how they generate business for the Pro Shop.
I am relying on 2nd hand info that the barrel I have is 6.03 because everything I rec'd in the box is Chinese. If someone here could tell me how to find actual dimensions and perhaps which version I have... I would appreciate it.
I would have preferred to buy stuff from KWA but everything I want is out of stock. Fortunately my gun has worked flawlessly and I'm only upgrading during a long spell between milsims.

If I understand correctly the EDGI barrels have been made to spec to fit the SR10 correctly. This includes increasing the length of a small groove on one end of the barrel that is longer than what it would typically be. Without that groove being the proper length you would have to modify your gun for an aftermarket barrel to fit. EDGI has already cut the groove to the proper length so their barrel should fit perfectly without any modification to your weapon.

Thanks for the info on when the barrels should arrive. I'll keep checking.

#8 mikemike

mikemike

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Country:

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

View PostGarrison64, on 05 February 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

If I understand correctly the EDGI barrels have been made to spec to fit the SR10 correctly. This includes increasing the length of a small groove on one end of the barrel that is longer than what it would typically be. Without that groove being the proper length you would have to modify your gun for an aftermarket barrel to fit. EDGI has already cut the groove to the proper length so their barrel should fit perfectly without any modification to your weapon.

Thanks for the info on when the barrels should arrive. I'll keep checking.

I'll post back after I've completed the mod, but take a look at airsoft GI....seems like a good fit on their KWAs.

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=1584

#9 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

View PostGarrison64, on 05 February 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

If I understand correctly the EDGI barrels have been made to spec to fit the SR10 correctly. This includes increasing the length of a small groove on one end of the barrel that is longer than what it would typically be. Without that groove being the proper length you would have to modify your gun for an aftermarket barrel to fit. EDGI has already cut the groove to the proper length so their barrel should fit perfectly without any modification to your weapon.

Thanks for the info on when the barrels should arrive. I'll keep checking.

The groove is the correct length and no modifications are required.  It's also important to note that the outer diameter of the barrel is correct for the KWA hop-up also.  Not all brands will fit, but the EgDI barrels in the Pro-Shop do because thay are made for the gun in question. :gun:

#10 Garrison64

Garrison64

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Please tell me these are still on the way. It's been several days since you said they were on the way and I'm paranoid they're going to come in and sell out before I get one even though I check several times a day. I wish there was a pre-order option because I'd pay in advance to make sure I get one. So are they still on the way or did I miss out?

#11 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

On the way, haven't seen them come in yet. I'll post up on the Pro Shop thread when they come in.
As far as I know, quantity is still limited...about 15 units of each length, but I'll know for sure when they arrive. Overseas shipments take some time, you'll know when I know.

#12 Garrison64

Garrison64

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:57 AM

Ok thanks. Hopefully I'll be one of the 15. Yikes!

#13 slixodus

slixodus

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

Wooot!! They are back in stock! Just ordered mine. Thanks a lot kwa! =]

#14 SR5Jonathan

SR5Jonathan

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

View Postgcw360, on 05 February 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

The groove is the correct length and no modifications are required.  It's also important to note that the outer diameter of the barrel is correct for the KWA hop-up also.  Not all brands will fit, but the EgDI barrels in the Pro-Shop do because thay are made for the gun in question. :gun:

When I got my EdGI for my SR5 from the pro shop I had to dremel down the notch on the c clip for the hopup because the groove in the barrel was not long enough.

Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

#15 Garrison64

Garrison64

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

My dog had to have an unexpected surgery to remove a mammary cyst and it cost over $500 so there went my gun money. Oh well. Maybe some other time.

#16 Spiggy

Spiggy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:City of Industry
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

You can't replace your best buddy as easily as a barrel.  Don't worry, there will be more barrels in the future.

#17 Garrison64

Garrison64

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 19 February 2011 - 12:48 AM, said:

You can't replace your best buddy as easily as a barrel.

Definitely not. She's about 10 years old so there was concern about having the surgery at her age. Gotta wait about 8 more days to get the stitches out but it's looking good.

#18 hermanmango

hermanmango

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Provo, Utah
  • Interests:airsoft, school, aviation, snowboarding.
  • Country:

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

just used a high precision electric caliper on my barred in my KM-16 BR 6.030, well done KWA. im an upgrade junkie, but there isn't anything i can do to this gun internally to make it any better, lol. so i just stick to external stuff.

#19 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the post!!!:gun:

#20 FrancisFernandez

FrancisFernandez

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

View Postgcw360, on 11 March 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

Thanks for the post!!!:gun:

Is there an ETA for more of the 6.01 509mm barrels? I plan to get one.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users