• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ihave99pennies4u

ihave99pennies4u

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:working out, airsoft, racing, music, football, Championship Off-Road Racing (CORR. Gotta look it up)

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

Hello, I received my KWA M17 about 2 days ago. When I shoot it, it will somtimes shoot one round and release all of the gas remaning in the magazine. Other times it will shoot 2 to 3 rounds with one trigger pull, and release all of the little remaining gas left in the magazine.  When it does fire multiple rounds, I have to reset the trigger, because it will be depressed when the slide is foward, but it will be pratically normal when the slide is pulled back. What can work for me, is I put my finger behind the trigger when the slide is pulled back, and I release the slide, and the trigger works again.

Any help?

Edited by ihave99pennies4u, 04 December 2008 - 08:07 PM.

#2 Villain

Villain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Gotta love Airsoft! Been doing it since I was 14. Been using my Mac 11 for most of those years.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

Seems as if this problem happens to everyone who owns any KWA. I'm in the same boat. My gun fires only once and then releases all the gas.

I haven't quite figured out the problem. I upgraded my M17 and it still has the same problem.
HurricanE Upgrade kit
  • Upgraded Spring and Guide
  • Hi-Flow Valve
  • Hammer Spring
Airsoft Surgeon Floating Valve
Guarder Steel Magazine Catch
Using Propane

Currently I think I may have installed the parts around the hammer spring wrong. The spring itself is on just fine. But everything else doesn't look correct.
If anyone has detailed instructions or diagrams on how this section is suppoesed to be put together; please post!

I know about the article from Unconventional Airsoft I think a diagram would help more than the article.

#3 ihave99pennies4u

ihave99pennies4u

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:working out, airsoft, racing, music, football, Championship Off-Road Racing (CORR. Gotta look it up)

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:41 PM

Do I have to do any modification or extensive disassembly for this part to fit?
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3131

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

either part of your sear(s) is not right or your engine block is not right.  

If you just purchased it from a major store, I would recommend sending it in before modifications and while the warranty still exists.

The barrel will fit, but the series don't like giant muzzle attachments

#5 ihave99pennies4u

ihave99pennies4u

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:50 AM

View PostSpiggy, on Dec 15 2008, 08:36 PM, said:

either part of your sear(s) is not right or your engine block is not right.  

If you just purchased it from a major store, I would recommend sending it in before modifications and while the warranty still exists.

The barrel will fit, but the series don't like giant muzzle attachments
Why don't the guns like muzzle attachments? Too much weight on the outer barrel and front of the gun? And I sent it in on Sunday to AirSplat to have them repair it.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

The design accurately replicates the real counterpart which has a floating barrel.  Unfortunately with the lighter tension of a GBB recoil spring the slide is can not reset itself if the weight on the barrel is heavier than the tension.

this is not an issue on the real counterpart where the tension is much-much heavier

#7 ihave99pennies4u

ihave99pennies4u

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

Can the M17 handle C02? If so, where can I buy a C02 mag for it?

Edited by ihave99pennies4u, 05 January 2009 - 04:33 PM.

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

View Postihave99pennies4u, on Jan 5 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

Can the M17 handle C02? If so, where can I buy a C02 mag for it?
There is no CO2 magazine on the market

I don't recommend straight CO2, you'll blow the magazine (and maybe your hands) to kingdom come.

#9 ihave99pennies4u

ihave99pennies4u

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Is the Shooter's Design rocket valve better than the FireFly one?

Links:
http://store.matrixb...et-Valve/Detail
http://store.matrixb...alve-for/Detail

Also, is there supposed to be something holding on the rear sight? Because mine always is sliding off.

EDIT: I just got the SD valve. The rear sight problem is really bugging me though.

Edited by ihave99pennies4u, 20 January 2009 - 10:09 PM.

#10 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

View Postihave99pennies4u, on Jan 19 2009, 12:53 PM, said:

Is the Shooter's Design rocket valve better than the FireFly one?

Links:
http://store.matrixb...et-Valve/Detail
http://store.matrixb...alve-for/Detail

Also, is there supposed to be something holding on the rear sight? Because mine always is sliding off.

EDIT: I just got the SD valve. The rear sight problem is really bugging me though.
I have no comment on the parts since I have never used a Shooter's valve.  In my experience though, all sorts of modified valves tend to use more gas with not much benefit

for the rear sight, lightly(VERY LIGHTLY) scar the bottom (white part) of the rear sight with a soldering iron.  That should raise the material.  Then hit it lightly (VERY VERY LIGHTLY) with a light file.  This will keep the rear sight from sliding around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users