6 replies to this topic

#1 GERA117

GERA117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Hey,
I recently got a hold of a M18c that is atleast a few years old. It was in dirty condition so I took off the upper receiver normally but this is when a problem reared its ugly head. When I put back the upper receiver, i would pull the trigger but the hammer wouldn't move or do anything, no response. Any help that is given will greatly be appreciated since I have no experience with this particular type of gun.

#2 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

What position was the selector in when you would pull it? The selector has to be all the way up (semi) or down (auto) to be able to fire. The center is a "safety" position.

#3 GERA117

GERA117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

the position was in safety, the selector switch was straight or another way to say it, in the middle of semi and auto.

#4 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

That's why nothing was happening. Put the selector is another position and it should fire.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

View PostGERA117, on 26 January 2011 - 10:55 AM, said:

the position was in safety, the selector switch was straight or another way to say it, in the middle of semi and auto.
I wouldn't consider the center selection as "Safe" more of "Neutral" which is required for disassembly.  

Some guns can still fire when the selector is on the neutral position

#6 GERA117

GERA117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Before i try that, i have a question. when you pull the slide back, like you would to load a bb in, and pull the trigger, does the hammer go down or what happens? I ask because i am used to seeing the hammer being cocked after pulling back the slide and then the hammer releases when you pull the trigger, even if empty. I ask because, like i said, i have never owned an M-series gun and i am not used to a gbb pistol where you can't see the hammer action. Again, thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.

EDIT: Out of curiosity could I send in this M18c so that the techs at KWA could fix it if something serious is broken?

Edited by GERA117, 26 January 2011 - 05:52 PM.

#7 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Yes it does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users