• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 HBNorm

HBNorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

A couple weeks back, I received a KSC M11A1 from Airsplat that was advertised as a KWA NS2 M11A1 (see box picture).  The outer cylinder broke in half last night (picture attached).  I'm sure this is partially due to me and my son inadvertently inserting the magazine with the slide closed a few times.  However, I'm wondering if it also has to do with being an import model.  I saw another post mentioning that the import model or early KWA models had a few challenges with parts breaking.  I'm using green gas so maybe the Japanese version has the weaker internals due to their local regulations?  Any advice would be very helpful.  

I'm ordering a replacement outer cylinder today to at least get it working again.  I just want to make sure there aren't any other parts I should be replacing to get it up to current spec. to handle Green Gas.

Thanks!

Norm

Attached Files

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Because it's a non-import model it's difficult to say what in the bolt is different.  Certain guns have different piston assemblies for their respective regions.   A good example is the early MP7s which have the largest variations for their regions.  Some are for weaker gas only, 1j power only, some are 400FPS, and some have disabled automatic features.

#3 HBNorm

HBNorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

View PostSpiggy, on 20 January 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:

Because it's a non-import model it's difficult to say what in the bolt is different.  Certain guns have different piston assemblies for their respective regions.   A good example is the early MP7s which have the largest variations for their regions.  Some are for weaker gas only, 1j power only, some are 400FPS, and some have disabled automatic features.

Spiggy,

It's a Japanese KSC Series 7 model (based on the box and included manual and paperwork).  It has the magnesium bolt and the replacement NS2 outer tube I bought from KWA USA is an identical replacement part.  The repaired M11, including the new 6.03 upgraded barrel I installed now works great except for FPS.  The FPS still seems slow relative to my stock KWA USA M93R NS2 version.  Could it be the M11A1 mags are Japanese versions with more restrictive release valves?  

I just want my M11A1 to shoot as hard as my M93R. As an example, my M93R will shoot through both sides of a standard cardboard box and will also pierce an aluminum can at least one layer, sometimes going through the entire can.  On the other hand, The M11A1 will pierce one side of a standard cardboard box both not through both sides.  With a can, some of the shots may just pierce the can, but most of the times, it will dent the can and ricochet.  Temp is in the 70s with the mags are fully filled with Propane and warmed to room temp.  This is with 0.20 g airsoft BBs.  Sorry, don't have a chrono to be more scientific... ;-)  I've already spoken with KWA USA tech and have gone through all of the troubleshooting (e.g., properly oiling valve seals, cleaning oil off hop-up unit, ensuring bolt moves freely and quickly, ensuring outer tube moves freely within bolt.  The M11A1 has an incredible fire rate without any jams so it's functioning properly.  Just the FPS is bugging me...

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Norm

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

I can not speak for the KSC brand.  You may want to contact their offices for an answer

#5 HBNorm

HBNorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

I figured out what the low FPS was caused by:

1) The aftermarket 6.03 barrel (replacement for part #40)that I purchased through KWA was not machined to the OEM specs.  There are two grooves on the side of the barrel that barrel assembly part #22 uses to hold the inner barrel in place while allowing the inner barrel to move forward/backward to a) absorb the shock of the slide slamming forward, and B) ensure an airtight seal around the outer tube nozzle (part #4).  I had to file both sides down to allow free movement in the barrel assembly.

2) The G&P metal outer barrel (replacement for stock part #21) needed to be drilled out give the inner barrel enough room to move freely.  Although the inner barrel fits perfectly within the G&P outer barrel when dry fitting, they rub when fully assembled.

With both fixed, the M11A1 now shoots perfect.

Norm

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

and we can close this KSC thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users