Jump to content


KWA KM4 Series - 3rd Party Compatibility List


  • Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

#81 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

Here you go:

http://www.kwausa.co...h=1

#82 payton89222

payton89222

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Interests:Airsoft, aircraft models, military models.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

just wanna inform you guys to update the list for 2009 KWA KM4 RIS
UTG Tactical Picatinny Rail Covers - Does not fit onto rails system :angry:

#83 Jonas888

Jonas888

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norway
  • Interests:Airsoft, fitness, custom AEG's
  • Country:

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:56 AM

Payton, I had the same problem with my rail covers for the SR12, hand power is no use, you gotta use teh hammah! :D
Take off the delta ring that holds the SR12's frontrail, remove the rail and place in vertically on the floor with something soft beneath. Then bonk the railcovers down one by one with your hammah, when they are that far down the rail that they are really hard to hit without hitting the rails with the hammer_ then you get a for example a screwdriver( flat, not Stars obviously) and place it vertically  with it's screw down at the railcover and the 'handguard/grip up, ehm got a little messy there, what I mean is like.. uhm.. "The screwdriver is your nail!" (Hammer and nail kinda) So you kinda use the 'nail' to avoid damaging the rail with your hammer as you bonk the railcovers down the rail.
Brutal? Maybe, but worked for me, though it may be different with your railcovers, idk.
When you want them off you do it the same way, just by turning the rail the other way and use your hammah and nail.


I could post some pics of what I mean if you didn't understand my bery bahd inglish,kk,gg,lulz.

#84 payton89222

payton89222

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Interests:Airsoft, aircraft models, military models.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

View PostJonas888, on 06 January 2010 - 12:56 AM, said:

Payton, I had the same problem with my rail covers for the SR12, hand power is no use, you gotta use teh hammah! :D
Take off the delta ring that holds the SR12's frontrail, remove the rail and place in vertically on the floor with something soft beneath. Then bonk the railcovers down one by one with your hammah, when they are that far down the rail that they are really hard to hit without hitting the rails with the hammer_ then you get a for example a screwdriver( flat, not Stars obviously) and place it vertically  with it's screw down at the railcover and the 'handguard/grip up, ehm got a little messy there, what I mean is like.. uhm.. "The screwdriver is your nail!" (Hammer and nail kinda) So you kinda use the 'nail' to avoid damaging the rail with your hammer as you bonk the railcovers down the rail.
Brutal? Maybe, but worked for me, though it may be different with your railcovers, idk.
When you want them off you do it the same way, just by turning the rail the other way and use your hammah and nail.


I could post some pics of what I mean if you didn't understand my bery bahd inglish,kk,gg,lulz.

photos would be great!!! hehehe  :thumbsup:

#85 payton89222

payton89222

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Interests:Airsoft, aircraft models, military models.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

Did anyone tried to replace the 2009 NEW KWA AEGs (like SR10,SR12,KM4RIS,etc...)sling adaptor with Magpul ASAP adaptor?
If so which one did u guys bought? I found there're 2 versions of ASAP adaptor that can be purchased...but not sure which one will fit with my KM4 RIS?
Advices on which one to purchase and tips on installing the adaptor, thanks!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#86 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:19 AM

View Postpayton89222, on 06 January 2010 - 01:03 AM, said:

Did anyone tried to replace the 2009 NEW KWA AEGs (like SR10,SR12,KM4RIS,etc...)sling adaptor with Magpul ASAP adaptor?
If so which one did u guys bought? I found there're 2 versions of ASAP adaptor that can be purchased...but not sure which one will fit with my KM4 RIS?
Advices on which one to purchase and tips on installing the adaptor, thanks!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image


Dude I already answered that question the first time you asked about it on your original post.

The second one is for real steel. the first is for AEGs.

Not everything will fit perfectly since different brands have different tolerances.

You have to do a little dremelling most of the time to enlarge the hole since KWA buffer part of the lower receiver is larger in diameter than most AEGs.

#87 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

View PostkarMeister, on 06 January 2010 - 07:19 AM, said:

Dude I already answered that question the first time you asked about it on your original post.

The second one is for real steel. the first is for AEGs.

Not everything will fit perfectly since different brands have different tolerances.

You have to do a little dremelling most of the time to enlarge the hole since KWA buffer part of the lower receiver is larger in diameter than most AEGs.
Payton, kar's correct on this 100%.

#88 Jonas888

Jonas888

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norway
  • Interests:Airsoft, fitness, custom AEG's
  • Country:

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

Payton, check out "KWA M4 Series Photo Gallery" and you may understand what I mean : p (With the railcover problem)

Edited by Jonas888, 06 January 2010 - 09:34 AM.


#89 Octose

Octose

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

Will G&G 79 Rd magazines fit in with the NEW KWA Magwells? Please post asap.

#90 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming
  • Country:

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:18 AM

well TECHNICALLY Kar is only partially right about the MAGPUL ASAP sling adapter... he forget that the second one is also for GBB/PTW M4s not just for real steel :shiftyninja: Tried to find the link but ASGI doens't seem to have it on the site anymore...

http://www.airsoftex...roducts_id=4276 <-- AEX does though... but perhaps it's not exactly the same as the second on... there isn't that small notch on the bottom of the ring on the GBB/PTW one..  :unsure:

Edited by Jeremy314, 10 January 2010 - 04:20 AM.


#91 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:13 AM

View PostJeremy314, on 10 January 2010 - 04:18 AM, said:

well TECHNICALLY Kar is only partially right about the MAGPUL ASAP sling adapter... he forget that the second one is also for GBB/PTW M4s not just for real steel :shiftyninja: Tried to find the link but ASGI doens't seem to have it on the site anymore...

http://www.airsoftex...roducts_id=4276 <-- AEX does though... but perhaps it's not exactly the same as the second on... there isn't that small notch on the bottom of the ring on the GBB/PTW one..  :unsure:

And you forgot that we are talking about a KWA KM4RIS AEG which is what he will be installing it on not a GBB or PTW.

Anyone can name alot of RS parts that will fit AEGs, GBBs or PTWs but what we are talking about here is what is appropriate with little to no mods.

If someone tells you that a bread knife is made for cutting bread will you tell him that hes only "partially right" cause you can use it as a wedge and as a screwdriver or a can opener?...

Id rather tell someone what would work than confuse him with stuff that does not have anything to do with his question. This is after all an "AEG Technical Forums".

The real steel end plate will fit the AEG but wont lock in place since it does not have the notches to hang on to only the lower part of the end plate will be hanging on to the lower receiver unlike the AEG end plate that has the notch on the lower part of the end plate and the notches to cling to the tube.

#92 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming
  • Country:

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:29 AM

Come on Kar.. you should know I'm just yanking your chain... <_<

And the stuff for PTWs/GBBs don't ALWAYS fit on AEGs else why would they make two different products?

#93 AirArmory

AirArmory

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

View PostOctose, on 08 January 2010 - 03:41 PM, said:

Will G&G 79 Rd magazines fit in with the NEW KWA Magwells? Please post asap.
G&G 79 rd mids still require some tinkering for a good feed (first few bbs often wont feed feed from new mags and they are on the tight side).  I just had a half box sent back for that reason related to a customer with 2 sr12s and an sr5.  He's now on the new Mag 190 round Metal midcaps.  Today is his third day of testing.  He's out in the field with them and i have heard nothing but good feedback.  BTW its 24 degs outside... WTH!

#94 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

View PostkarMeister, on 10 January 2010 - 06:13 AM, said:

And you forgot that we are talking about a KWA KM4RIS AEG which is what he will be installing it on not a GBB or PTW.

Anyone can name alot of RS parts that will fit AEGs, GBBs or PTWs but what we are talking about here is what is appropriate with little to no mods.

If someone tells you that a bread knife is made for cutting bread will you tell him that hes only "partially right" cause you can use it as a wedge and as a screwdriver or a can opener?...

Id rather tell someone what would work than confuse him with stuff that does not have anything to do with his question. This is after all an "AEG Technical Forums".

The real steel end plate will fit the AEG but wont lock in place since it does not have the notches to hang on to only the lower part of the end plate will be hanging on to the lower receiver unlike the AEG end plate that has the notch on the lower part of the end plate and the notches to cling to the tube.
kar - I like the new signature.:thumbsup:

#95 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

Yeash, just like there is a reason why there is Magpul and Magpul PTS.


Magpul

Magpul PTS - AEG

Magpul PTS - GBB and PTW


Thanks gcw360! :rolleyes:

#96 WILL_KILL

WILL_KILL

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Classic Army M16 stock comes with wiring and spacer and fits perfect on M4A1 with no modification.  :thumbsup:

CA M16 Stock (User Tested)

#97 Gorilla

Gorilla

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canadian wilderness
  • Interests:Airsoft, Astronomy, Photography, Model making

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hi everyone,

New here (but definately not to airsoft). I decided to join this forum after getting both the SR5 and SR10.

So, to contribute; the King Arms Magpul 360rnd Hi-cap mag fits VERY tight in my SR, however some judicious sanding/trimming on the mag and it now fits fine and feeds flawless.

Later,
G.

#98 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

View PostGorilla, on 14 January 2010 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

New here (but definately not to airsoft). I decided to join this forum after getting both the SR5 and SR10.

So, to contribute; the King Arms Magpul 360rnd Hi-cap mag fits VERY tight in my SR, however some judicious sanding/trimming on the mag and it now fits fine and feeds flawless.

Later,
G.
Welcome and thanks for the info.:gun:

#99 Gorilla

Gorilla

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canadian wilderness
  • Interests:Airsoft, Astronomy, Photography, Model making

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Not sure if I should post this here or the "KWA M4 RIS/SR Series Battery" thread (Mods, feel free to move this if warranted).

Anyway, I have managed to adapt a 9.6v, 2000mAh Elite Crane stock battery to fit in the new SR crane stocks, no mods to the stock are necessary.

So, here's the battey pack I started with
Posted Image


And here it is after re-routing the wiring
Posted Image


And finally installed in the stock
Posted Image


As you can see, the third "stick" that usually goes in the buffer tube, but obviously can't because of the curly cord in there, now fits neatly in the intended Lipo block recess. This pack was originally built as a crane stock style from Cheapbatterypacks.com and is made of Elite 2000mAh 4/5A sized cells.
I'm sure if you link this to Mike Fredericks at his site he can make this up easily.

Just thought I'd share.

G.

#100 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

View PostGorilla, on 14 January 2010 - 07:32 PM, said:

Not sure if I should post this here or the "KWA M4 RIS/SR Series Battery" thread (Mods, feel free to move this if warranted).

Anyway, I have managed to adapt a 9.6v, 2000mAh Elite Crane stock battery to fit in the new SR crane stocks, no mods to the stock are necessary.

So, here's the battey pack I started with
Posted Image


And here it is after re-routing the wiring
Posted Image


And finally installed in the stock
Posted Image


As you can see, the third "stick" that usually goes in the buffer tube, but obviously can't because of the curly cord in there, now fits neatly in the intended Lipo block recess. This pack was originally built as a crane stock style from Cheapbatterypacks.com and is made of Elite 2000mAh 4/5A sized cells.
I'm sure if you link this to Mike Fredericks at his site he can make this up easily.

Just thought I'd share.

G.
Interesting. Thanks.:gun:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users