• Please log in to reply
519 replies to this topic

#61 suoires

suoires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

Just got a firefly soft bucking for my madbull v.2 tightbore. It was an extremely tight fit into the hopup unit, I had to trim 1mm or so off the bottom of the bucking to get the clip back on. hopefully I have it on right :blink:. Considering just buying a KWA 2g bucking. Any confirmation on 2g bucking with madbull TBB?

#62 Naga

Naga

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:-Cars<br />-Airsoft<br />-Paintball<br />-Scuba diving

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

Classic Army mid caps no longer fit, apparently.

I bought six of them a few months ago.  Four of them fit fine, but the two others didn't.  I went to the local airsoft store today and tried out over a dozen of them that they had just gotten in.  They will go in with considerable effort, but it took two of us to pry it back out of the gun.  My friend's Classic Army hi-cap, which he got about a year ago, fits my gun fine.  The only conclusions I can arrive at are 1.  They made a bad batch of magazines that are too big, or 2.  They decided to start making their magazines bigger.  I also tried a host of MAG 130 round mid caps that the store had in stock.  Most of them fit, but a few were too big.  Of the ones that did fit, the first few rounds didn't fire right, but after about 10 shots, they fed fine.

Edited by Naga, 12 August 2009 - 08:31 PM.

#63 Cornington

Cornington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

View Postsuoires, on 31 July 2009 - 12:43 AM, said:

Just got a firefly soft bucking for my madbull v.2 tightbore. It was an extremely tight fit into the hopup unit, I had to trim 1mm or so off the bottom of the bucking to get the clip back on. hopefully I have it on right :blink:. Considering just buying a KWA 2g bucking. Any confirmation on 2g bucking with madbull TBB?

I received my systema bucking and Madbull barrel today. The systema bucking does not fit correctly. I will most likely have to trim off some of the end to allow the clip to go on. I already have a 2G bucking, I was just going to test the systema so please DO NOT STRIKE ME DOWN.

The 2G bucking and Madbull barrel worked perfectly.

Another side note, S Arms 160 Rd M4/M16 mags FIT and FEED perfectly. Although they are tight enough they will not drop out of the magwell when the mag release is pressed.

#64 BlackHawk1

BlackHawk1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:24 AM

Can anyone recommend a box mag that works well with a KWA M4?

Before I say anything else, let me say I already have 10 midcaps.

Now, I know on the first page of this thread it says that the A&K Box mag fits, but is tight. Any word on the actual effectiveness of it, or if any others work decently in the KWA? I would really like to get the A&K for the price, but I don't want to dump $40 into something that won't work half the time.

#65 arunser10@aol.com

arunser10@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft
    Paintball
    Skiing
    Soccer
    Grepolis

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

I am looking for mid-cap mags for the new KM4A1. I am looking for a mag that can hold 120+ bbs, that is full sized, not a "VN" style mag. ABS or metal is fine, I would like it to be black or gray. It should go in easy, and it should come out freely without pulling. All help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

#66 mop

mop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

Prometheus hard bucking - Works if you cut the last 3-4mm, otherwise the notch in the barrel isn't long enough for the stretched bucking (it's a verry thight fit). Use silicone oil on the outside of the bucking!)

#67 k_h

k_h

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:20 PM

View Postarunser10@aol.com, on 24 September 2009 - 10:23 AM, said:

I am looking for mid-cap mags for the new KM4A1. I am looking for a mag that can hold 120+ bbs, that is full sized, not a "VN" style mag. ABS or metal is fine, I would like it to be black or gray. It should go in easy, and it should come out freely without pulling. All help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

magpuls are nice 120 mags.. no spring to wind either...  snug fit.. or file down a little if you want it to fall out when you hit the realse button..

#68 Kepelo

Kepelo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

Madbull fishbone hop up bucking and spacer- Spacer works but hop up was too tight and I had to trim a little off.

#69 pointman

pointman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Piano, Church, Airsoft, Cars, Music

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

DBoys High caps work with my sr10 and they feed really well. They are very tight, but are still usable...

#70 youngturk

youngturk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Movies,Music,Basketball,Airsoft,KWA...

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:14 AM

what midcap most people use on their m4 ris?(as in magazine)

Edited by youngturk, 10 November 2009 - 09:16 AM.

#71 sniperskulls

sniperskulls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

MADBULL Blue Bucking with both a JBU 6.03 TBB and a CA 6.04mm TBB does NOT work!

However the Classic Army will work with the 2g KWA bucking. Didn't get a chance to try it on the JBU barrel.

It seems the madbull blue bucking is a bit thicker than the stock KWA 2g bucking. I wouldnt have even tried except my son got ahold of my KWA bucking, when he was "helping" me install the JBU custom barrel.

Now to order a replacement KWA bucking and Hop-up unit. (I finally got the Madbull installed but i had to trim it and it actually cracked part of my hop-up unit, but what do you do when you have no bucking before a big game :| )

Anyone have particular luck with anything other than the stock bucking?

Edited by sniperskulls, 23 November 2009 - 09:03 AM.

#72 WhiteWhale

WhiteWhale

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, real steel, photoshop, videos, gaming

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:54 AM

A & K M4 PMAG - does NOT fit.

Tried modding them to fit and no luck. A few bbs fire during the first loading of the magazine, but after that, nothing.

Attached Files

Edited by WhiteWhale, 02 December 2009 - 11:16 AM.

#73 hugh_b

hugh_b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:31 AM

just wanted to add:

I've been looking for a replacement hop rubber for my kwa m4. Here in the UK parts that are specific to the kwa are hard to get hold of. I have found that g&p hop rubbers are a great fit and provide a good consistent air seal!

Edited by hugh_b, 06 December 2009 - 07:32 AM.

#74 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:43 AM

View PostWhiteWhale, on 02 December 2009 - 06:54 AM, said:

A & K M4 PMAG - does NOT fit.

Tried modding them to fit and no luck. A few bbs fire during the first loading of the magazine, but after that, nothing.

I have an ACM Pmag that was a tight fit at first. It feeds pretty well. It has no Brand tho  :whistle:

#75 arunser10@aol.com

arunser10@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft
    Paintball
    Skiing
    Soccer
    Grepolis

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:05 PM

On this Forums it says that the G&P 9.6v 2200mAh NiMH Crane Stock Battery will fit KWA's M4's but I don't know which one. I was wondering if that battery will fit in the new 2g M4 RIS crane stock? If it dose fit, is it the same connector as the gun (it says the battery has a Deans connector or something...).

Also: I have been looking at the S Arms 160rd midcap, does anyone have any experience with them, do they fit, feed, are they tight???

#76 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

View Postarunser10@aol.com, on 12 December 2009 - 05:05 PM, said:

On this Forums it says that the G&P 9.6v 2200mAh NiMH Crane Stock Battery will fit KWA's M4's but I don't know which one. I was wondering if that battery will fit in the new 2g M4 RIS crane stock? If it dose fit, is it the same connector as the gun (it says the battery has a Deans connector or something...).

Also: I have been looking at the S Arms 160rd midcap, does anyone have any experience with them, do they fit, feed, are they tight???
The SR series with the crane stock utilize a tamiya plug not a Deans. Additionally, I'm fairly certain the configuration of the battery you mention will not fit properly.

Check out this thread: "Is the battery compartment big enough?" It shows you some of the options for batteries that will fit.

#77 PC Veteran

PC Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:53 AM

These all work on the KWA KM4 RIS.

BATERIES
Tenergy 9.6v 1600mAh NiMH Nunchuck (fits in the stalk easily).

EXTERNAL
MAGPUL XTM Rail Panels (rail covers, no problems).
UTG Deluxe Ergonomic Foregrip (no problems).

MAGAZINES
A&K Electric Box Magazine 5000 rounds for M4/M16 (Snug Fit, goes in easy wont fall out on its own when Mag release is pressed)

Edited by PC Veteran, 12 January 2010 - 04:35 AM.

#78 Ebsilon

Ebsilon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

I am not sure if this has been posted but:

The Magpul MIAD grip does not function properly with the KWA (2009 version)  It fits, but rides the motor  too high in the gearbox causing premature wear and whining.  I had to replace mine with the stock grip and have heard similar stories from other airsofters.

#79 AirArmory

AirArmory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

Just got in the 190 round mag midcaps...  being personally a KWA fanboy at heart you know the first thing i did was pop it into the nearest 2009 KWA M4.  They locked in perfectly.  After a few moments waiting for a charge on a battery i was able to test fire it.  For the prelim i only did half a mag because i had a shipment or 3 to get through but so far things look really really.

Even better the mags themselves are not to heavy and have a very nice feel to them + no winding 190 rounds.  currently i'm dazzled.

just to prove these things are in fact real because this is the interweb Link to picture (please dont hot link it, i'll know and make it funny)

When i get some more time and the drool off, I'll really pace them out, but as it stands now it looks pretty good.

Edited by AirArmory, 05 January 2010 - 08:53 PM.

#80 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

View PostEbsilon, on 04 January 2010 - 11:41 PM, said:

I am not sure if this has been posted but:

The Magpul MIAD grip does not function properly with the KWA (2009 version)  It fits, but rides the motor  too high in the gearbox causing premature wear and whining.  I had to replace mine with the stock grip and have heard similar stories from other airsofters.

I had a thread created about a mod i did on the Magpul PTS MIAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users