524 replies to this topic

#121 LoneZombie

LoneZombie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:59 AM

View Postgcw360, on 09 February 2010 - 06:09 PM, said:

I just tested 3 MAG magazines - mid-cap 190 rounds. They feed very well in my SR5. One note: I was shooting about 80-100 rounds in each. When I stuffed it full, the first few shots were funky. If you use these I would fill them to about 160 rounds. It was just a quick test but they seem very good. They cost about $17.00 each. One other thing, they have a nice finish and feel very study. They are much more ridged then most metal mags I've used.:gun:

Note: I did not break these in or lube them. They are straight from the box.

Are you referring to the METAL MAG mids? Because I was interested in buying some of those, in a 5 pack, and didn't want to waste $89 if they weren't going to fit in an SR series gun. Any modification required to make them fit at all? Thanks!

#122 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:31 AM

View PostLoneZombie, on 15 February 2010 - 07:59 AM, said:

Are you referring to the METAL MAG mids? Because I was interested in buying some of those, in a 5 pack, and didn't want to waste $89 if they weren't going to fit in an SR series gun. Any modification required to make them fit at all? Thanks!
Yes, they are the metal MAG mids, 190 rds: http://www.airarmory...rsoft Magazines

No mods needed and they aren't too snug so quick reloads are easy.:gun:

#123 dooodstevenn

dooodstevenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

just to add on, i recieved my MAG brand mags today and they feed beautify and fit in very nicely, and slide out very easily just like the mag that comes with it, but im fairly sure they only work on the 2gx models

#124 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:18 PM

does anyone know if the magpul UBR stock (listed here: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5646) will mount to the SR12 ok without modification? Sorry if someone already tried this, i skimmed through the pages to see if it was mentioned but i didnt see. Its possible i may have missed it, so sorry if i did!

#125 Gorilla

Gorilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Astronomy, Photography, Model making

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

View Postazzauzi, on 16 February 2010 - 11:18 PM, said:

does anyone know if the magpul UBR stock (listed here: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=5646) will mount to the SR12 ok without modification? Sorry if someone already tried this, i skimmed through the pages to see if it was mentioned but i didnt see. Its possible i may have missed it, so sorry if i did!

"Without modification"... no, but the mods are not insurmountable. I have the UBR to put on my SR10 (same body as SR12) and have mapped out and test fit all the mods needed:

1) The separate rear spacer plate needs to be beveled on the back side so the wires do not get pinched on the sharp edge on the bottom of the "U" cut out on this plate.
2) The metal body's tail stock needs to be cut short. About 20mm long works well. This is the biggest mod needed.
3) Adapt the wire set to fit (with selected battery) in the buffer tube.

That's it. The good news is the buffer tube fits over the tail piece "as is" in that the inside diameter of the buffer tube is good... no milling/ dremeling/ or sanding needed, just cut the KWA body's tail stock down in length as stated.

Save your wire set as you WILL need to keep your in line fuse holder, if you plan to use a fuse. It is small enough to fit in the buffer tube beside a VERY few lipos.

If, on the other hand you've resigned yourself to using a battery that fills up the buffer tube (max 29mm x 152mm + space for wires), then I will GLADLY take the fuse holder wire set off your hands!  :D

G.

#126 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

View PostGorilla, on 17 February 2010 - 11:09 AM, said:

"Without modification"... no, but the mods are not insurmountable. I have the UBR to put on my SR10 (same body as SR12) and have mapped out and test fit all the mods needed:

1) The separate rear spacer plate needs to be beveled on the back side so the wires do not get pinched on the sharp edge on the bottom of the "U" cut out on this plate.
2) The metal body's tail stock needs to be cut short. About 20mm long works well. This is the biggest mod needed.
3) Adapt the wire set to fit (with selected battery) in the buffer tube.

That's it. The good news is the buffer tube fits over the tail piece "as is" in that the inside diameter of the buffer tube is good... no milling/ dremeling/ or sanding needed, just cut the KWA body's tail stock down in length as stated.

Save your wire set as you WILL need to keep your in line fuse holder, if you plan to use a fuse. It is small enough to fit in the buffer tube beside a VERY few lipos.

If, on the other hand you've resigned yourself to using a battery that fills up the buffer tube (max 29mm x 152mm + space for wires), then I will GLADLY take the fuse holder wire set off your hands!  :D

G.

thanks for the reply and very useful tips! I have a dremel and several tools so i should hopefully be able to do this without too much hassle. I might eliminate the fuse set so if i do, il P.M. ya!  :thumbsup: All in all you would say its worth it to go ahead and grab one? (cost asside)

#127 Gorilla

Gorilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

View Postazzauzi, on 17 February 2010 - 11:50 AM, said:

thanks for the reply and very useful tips! I have a dremel and several tools so i should hopefully be able to do this without too much hassle. I might eliminate the fuse set so if i do, il P.M. ya!  :thumbsup: All in all you would say its worth it to go ahead and grab one? (cost asside)
Absolutely. A very high quality stock... the first time you open the box and handle it you WILL be impressed! Just make sure you research and find a battery you like that will fit in the buffer tube. Personally, I'll be using the RA Tech 7.4v LiMn.
Thanks for the offer on the fuse holder if you decide not to use it! :thumbsup:

G.

#128 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

View PostGorilla, on 17 February 2010 - 03:05 PM, said:

Absolutely. A very high quality stock... the first time you open the box and handle it you WILL be impressed! Just make sure you research and find a battery you like that will fit in the buffer tube. Personally, I'll be using the RA Tech 7.4v LiMn.
Thanks for the offer on the fuse holder if you decide not to use it! :thumbsup:

G.
What ROF are you getting with the 7.4v LiPo and what spring do you have in? Thanks.:gun:

#129 Gorilla

Gorilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

View Postgcw360, on 17 February 2010 - 05:05 PM, said:

What ROF are you getting with the 7.4v LiPo and what spring do you have in? Thanks.:gun:
Ha!... 0bbps right now. This is an "in progress" project, so right now I'm still gathering parts and bits, the battery being one. I will be leaving the internals as stock. When I get it all together, I'll report back on the performance. I'm hoping for an avg/realistic ROF as I'm not into a water hose of BBs, I prefer short controlled bursts, accuracy and tactics to get me where I need to go. :shiftyninja:

G.

#130 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

View PostGorilla, on 17 February 2010 - 05:27 PM, said:

Ha!... 0bbps right now. This is an "in progress" project, so right now I'm still gathering parts and bits, the battery being one. I will be leaving the internals as stock. When I get it all together, I'll report back on the performance. I'm hoping for an avg/realistic ROF as I'm not into a water hose of BBs, I prefer short controlled bursts, accuracy and tactics to get me where I need to go. :shiftyninja:

G.

Ok, thanks. I have not had the chance to test a 7.4V in a stock gun so that's why I asked. I look forward to the update and good luck. :gun:

#131 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

Tokyo Marui Piston Head and Systema Standard Ratio Flat Gear Set works well.

Tokyo Marui hop bucking with the stock KWA hop bucking works well.

#132 Gorilla

Gorilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:51 PM

Magpul XTM rail covers do NOT fit on the SR series rails, at least not without a LOT of sanding, filing and fussing. In the end I'm still not sure what dimension is "off" that makes them very difficult to 'click' lock together, but I managed to get mine on after a lot of work and I'm not convinced that they all locked in place  :unsure:

G.

#133 Tom-843

Tom-843

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

Hey guys,

Just wondering what stocks will fit the KWA M4A1? I'm looking at just a standard LE stock so would things such as the Tokyo Marui LE stock fit straight on?

Thanks,

Tom

#134 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:11 AM

View PostTom-843, on 20 February 2010 - 07:47 AM, said:

Hey guys,

Just wondering what stocks will fit the KWA M4A1? I'm looking at just a standard LE stock so would things such as the Tokyo Marui LE stock fit straight on?

Thanks,

Tom
Pretty much anything that will fit on a Mil-spec buffer tube will fit on the KM4A1.:gun:

#135 Tom-843

Tom-843

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

View Postgcw360, on 20 February 2010 - 08:11 AM, said:

Pretty much anything that will fit on a Mil-spec buffer tube will fit on the KM4A1.:gun:

That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help!

:thumbsup:

#136 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:39 AM

View PostTom-843, on 20 February 2010 - 08:13 AM, said:

That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help!

:thumbsup:
My pleasure!:gun:

#137 Darkstar2520

Darkstar2520

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:workout airsoft student job umm cant think of anything and im to lazy

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:23 AM

SO the maid grip works with the trigger guard correct? But how is that when theres metal where the pin goes to hold the piece in place also would i need to get lock tight for the motor plate to stay on and would i need to adjust my motor height if i chose to get the new magpul maid grip sorry for so many questions :innocent:

#138 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

View PostDarkstar2520, on 22 February 2010 - 01:23 AM, said:

SO the maid grip works with the trigger guard correct? But how is that when theres metal where the pin goes to hold the piece in place also would i need to get lock tight for the motor plate to stay on and would i need to adjust my motor height if i chose to get the new magpul maid grip sorry for so many questions :innocent:
The only time I have used loctite on a MAGPUL grip was to hold the motor adjustment screw the the setting I like. And yes, you will need to adjust your motor height. :gun:

#139 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

S Arms 160rd M16 Mid-Cap mags only feed when the magazines are half full (80 rounds).If filled all he way or past the capacity stated, the gun will not fire any BB's.

MAG 190rd M16 Mid-Cap mags only feed when the magazines are filled about third of the way (64 rounds). If filled all the way or past the firing capacity stated, the gun will not fire any BB's.

----------------

KWA M4 has a Systema Sector (has a Big-Out Sector Chip) and Spur Gear, Modify S80+ spring (w/ 3 coils cut down), and TM piston head.

Test had been conducted using Airsoft Elite .25g BB (large diameter bb) and Toytec .25g BB (smaller diameter bb)

-----------------

***No modifications have been done to the magazines
***Both brand magazines feed great with my TM based M4 with a Systema Metal Body and a Systema one piece hop unit

Edited by snoopy, 24 February 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#140 Gorilla

Gorilla

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:22 PM

View PostGorilla, on 19 February 2010 - 04:51 PM, said:

Magpul XTM rail covers do NOT fit on the SR series rails, at least not without a LOT of sanding, filing and fussing. In the end I'm still not sure what dimension is "off" that makes them very difficult to 'click' lock together, but I managed to get mine on after a lot of work and I'm not convinced that they all locked in place  :unsure:

G.

Okay, I lied (sort of). The XTMs now fit fine on my SR10 (and test fit on the SR5 rails). The problem is twofold:
1) The XTM set's ends butt up to each other rather tight on the KWA rails, so a little sanding on the ends solves this.
2) The tolerance of these two systems (KWA rails and XTMs) are tight enough that when the gun is "warm" the metal has expanded just enough to make things tight. When I stored the gun in the cool-cold basement overnight, eveything fit fine... go figure.

I also measured the rails with a set of calipers (.001" tolerance) in accordance with the US DoD Specs for Weapon Accessory Rails and the KWA rails are bang on.

G.

Edited by Gorilla, 27 February 2010 - 01:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users