19 replies to this topic

#1 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft and Computers

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:48 AM

I just got it last night. I lubed it up with 100% Silicone oil from ASGI where I got the gun, (because the oil that came with the gun was spewed all over the box when I opened it). Anyways, I rack the slide back and release to jack a bb in the chamber and before the slide even gets to the bb it stops like its stuck. This happens if the mag is in or not. Any ideas????

#2 Age_N_Treachery

Age_N_Treachery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

From my understanding. on this particular model, less=more in reguards to lube. And if the whole bottle was all over the box, plus factory lube, plus you lubed some more..... well I would say in your case MORE= more. I'd field strip it and clean the goop off and try again.

As for the slide issue... The only time my 93R ever does that is when it's low on gas. also make sure the mag is fully seated and locked in.

hope you get it figured out. the KWA staff is great, try giving them a call.

good luck be safe and have some fun.

Edited by Age_N_Treachery, 18 January 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#3 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostAge_N_Treachery, on 18 January 2011 - 09:09 AM, said:

From my understanding. on this particular model, less=more in reguards to lube. And if the whole bottle was all over the box, plus factory lube, plus you lubed some more..... well I would say in your case MORE= more. I'd field strip it and clean the goop off and try again.

As for the slide issue... The only time my 93R ever does that is when it's low on gas. also make sure the mag is fully seated and locked in.

hope you get it figured out. the KWA staff is great, try giving them a call.

good luck be safe and have some fun.
Thanks. The lube wasnt all over the gun but it was all over the bbs and hop up tool. I did field strip it and there was a completely silver part where the slide looks like it is rubbing pretty heavy on one side as opposed to the other. I dunno if that is normal though. I put a little lube on the tracks and put it back together (that took a while and some anger) but now it works. It only does it when I manually try to jack the bb in. So when I go to reload or release the slide it can be bothersome. thats why I asked. I havent had a problem with it yet when shooting.

#4 Age_N_Treachery

Age_N_Treachery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

View PostBatman, on 18 January 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

It only does it when I manually try to jack the bb in. So when I go to reload or release the slide it can be bothersome. thats why I asked. I havent had a problem with it yet when shooting.

sounds like "something" is either binding or hung up somewhere. Cycle the action slowly with and w/o the mag in and see if you can find the culprit. my guess say something is out of place some where

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

can you indicate the part by it's item number on the NS2 diagram?
Posted Image

#6 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 18 January 2011 - 01:54 PM, said:

can you indicate the part by it's item number on the NS2 diagram?
Posted Image

Its the part that actually flips up and down that the recoil spring sits on when you are putting the gun back together from field stripping it gets stuck in the horizontal position and doesnt want to slide vertical when slide racks forward. The Gas chamber that sits above the magazine when the slide is closed also stays in place from time to time when I rack the chamber open. I dont know if that is normal or not. It sure doesnt sound normal.

#7 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Number 28 is what seems to be staying horizontal and number 6 is what is sometimes not being pulled with the slide like it should be.

#8 Age_N_Treachery

Age_N_Treachery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

I dont know what your issue is with 28 unless you arent inserting #75 in the proper position. as for the cylinder (#6) hanging up, put a little oil around the outside of the nozzle with a qtip. remove the mag and cycle the slide. I bet it moves freely as expected. now insert the magazine and do it again. odds are it will periodically hang, but only for a second. I have seen 10 of these guns now and they all do it but only with the mag inserted.

Edited by Age_N_Treachery, 18 January 2011 - 07:49 PM.

#9 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

View PostAge_N_Treachery, on 18 January 2011 - 07:48 PM, said:

I dont know what your issue is with 28 unless you arent inserting #75 in the proper position. as for the cylinder (#6) hanging up, put a little oil around the outside of the nozzle with a qtip. remove the mag and cycle the slide. I bet it moves freely as expected. now insert the magazine and do it again. odds are it will periodically hang, but only for a second. I have seen 10 of these guns now and they all do it but only with the mag inserted.

Cool I will try it, It doesnt seem to bother the function so thats fine as long as it doesnt break. Seems to happen more when the mag is in.

As for number 75, the hangup on the slide was happening when I took it out of the box. It still happens after the field strip. So if I put it back together wrong, it is in the same place as it came to me and where the manual says to put it. hehehe.

Edited by Batman, 18 January 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#10 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

I just figured out what it is. The slide hits on the hammer and gets jammed. The hammer doesnt fall far enough down or something to allow for enough clearance for the slide. I can see where the paint has rubbed off on both the slide and the hammer already and I havent even put 3 Magazines through it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that? I havent seen that before on the store models I held.

Edited by Batman, 19 January 2011 - 07:00 AM.

#11 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

I noticed today the silver metal shavings/oil mixture coming out of the rear of the slide where it is rubbing on the hammer. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

#12 Age_N_Treachery

Age_N_Treachery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

scratch cylinder(part #6) #2 this is the second one I've had break in half after just 2 days and about 150 rounds. they always seem to fail at the pin (part #47)

#13 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostAge_N_Treachery, on 19 January 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

scratch cylinder(part #6) #2 this is the second one I've had break in half after just 2 days and about 150 rounds. they always seem to fail at the pin (part #47)
Ouch. Is the KWA warranty only good once?

#14 Age_N_Treachery

Age_N_Treachery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

no. I already have my RMA and it's headed back this morning.

#15 Age_N_Treachery

Age_N_Treachery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

there is another guy at my local field that has had the same failure twice now as well.

#16 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

View PostAge_N_Treachery, on 20 January 2011 - 06:32 AM, said:

there is another guy at my local field that has had the same failure twice now as well.
Maybe I should run a some bbs through it. Mine got a bb jammed when chambering the round this morning. I am using competition grade Javelin bbs from ASGI high polished, they are being chipped and broke by the feeding ramp and this morning got jammed and lodged in there so tight I couldt extract the mag without removing the bb first.

#17 Age_N_Treachery

Age_N_Treachery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:36 AM

well the first time I was using some Cyma .30 premium BBs and an off brand green gas. this time I used the KSC perfect .25 BBS and the KWA green gas, just to play it safe. same failure in the same amount of time.

#18 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:50 AM

I tried some TSD competition grade .25 bbs and they did the same thing and got jammed when chambering between the mag and the chamber. I dunno whats wrong (if anything.)

#19 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

Would I be able to send this in? there is metal dust all over the rear of the slide.

#20 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

Ok, I sent it in. Seems there are a lot of problems with the M93r's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users