• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#261 serpent

serpent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

I was thinking the mosfet was the issue but wasn't sure since it was working. Can you tell me a good brand to get?

#262 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

I like the Niko-Gpsy brand but they are hard to find.  The good thing is he has a tutorial on the KWA Forums that shows you how to build your own.   It's in 2 parts and the links are below.

http://kwausa.com/fo...l=&fromsearch=1

http://kwausa.com/fo...h=1

#263 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

I have heard very good things about Extreme-Fire mosfets and raptors are something to consider.  But I haven't bought aftermarket brand mosfets since I make my own so you may want to post a new topic in the "upgrade" section or do a search on this forum.

#264 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

gcw360, on 24 December 2011 - 10:01 AM, said:

I like the Niko-Gpsy brand but they are hard to find.  The good thing is he has a tutorial on the KWA Forums that shows you how to build your own.   It's in 2 parts and the links are below.

http://kwausa.com/fo...l=&fromsearch=1

http://kwausa.com/fo...h=1
Yeah,...............I hear the niko-gpsy brand MOSFETs are a collectors item.  Only a "special" few have it. LMAO

#265 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

niko_gpsy, on 24 December 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

Yeah,...............I hear the niko-gpsy brand MOSFETs are a collectors item.  Only a "special" few have it. LMAO
Yes, they are!!!

#266 serpent

serpent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

awesome! thanks. I will look around for one and see what i can find.

#267 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Build one as per Niko's instructions.  You WILL be the only one on the field with one...like I now am.  And they run great!

#268 CQBRAY

CQBRAY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

r\Hello, I bought a new M4A1 from KWA 2gx few days ago. I send it for a small tuning:
M130 Spring, shs, g&g HU green rubber etc. What battery shoud I choose?

http://www.taiwangun...on-lifepo4.html

Will: 11.1V Lipo 1600MaH  12C from firefox, be safe for the gerbox and parts?

#269 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

CQBRAY, on 06 January 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

r\Hello, I bought a new M4A1 from KWA 2gx few days ago. I send it for a small tuning:
M130 Spring, shs, g&g HU green rubber etc. What battery shoud I choose?

Will: 11.1V Lipo 1600MaH  12C from firefox, be safe for the gerbox and parts?
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new gun.  Any of those should fit in the fore grip.  I have used the 3 pc one that you show on the page. The battery should be fine for the gun because it is in spec. May I ask why the SHS (motor I assume) and change in hop-up bucking?  The G&G green is not as good as the stock rubber.

#270 CQBRAY

CQBRAY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

gcw360, on 06 January 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new gun.  Any of those should fit in the fore grip.  I have used the 3 pc one that you show on the page. The battery should be fine for the gun because it is in spec. May I ask why the SHS (motor I assume) and change in hop-up bucking?  The G&G green is not as good as the stock rubber.

Hello and thank You very much :) Well, I am newbie in ASG. I found a shop in my country whitch is offering a small upgrade to 500fps. They recomended the green rubber and SHS motor and few other parts. Do You thing that this is a bad idea? What You recomend - leav it stock or any other upgrade?

BTW, I bought FireFox 11.1V Lipo 1600MaH  20C, hope that it will be fine and it will not destroy anything?

Regards, Ray.

#271 JcEdwards

JcEdwards

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft
    Hunting

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Well that battery is out of KWA specs. It pushes 32 amps and KWA recommends 20-24 amps.

#272 CQBRAY

CQBRAY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

JcEdwards, on 06 January 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Well that battery is out of KWA specs. It pushes 32 amps and KWA recommends 20-24 amps.

Well, so witch one do You recomend from:

For a stock gun and for a custm with 130m?

#273 JcEdwards

JcEdwards

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
    Hunting

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm am ordering a Bol 11.1v 1600mah 15c from the pro shop. And from what I've heard it is a great battery.

#274 CQBRAY

CQBRAY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

JcEdwards, on 06 January 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I'm am ordering a Bol 11.1v 1600mah 15c from the pro shop. And from what I've heard it is a great battery.

I found something like - King Arms - LiPo - 11,1V - 1600mAh - 15C - Mini, Should be good....

#275 JcEdwards

JcEdwards

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
    Hunting

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

You find the amps by (mah rating)(C rating)/1000= amps
So (1600)(15)/1000= 24 amps which is right on the money for what KWA recommends.

#276 Raptor

Raptor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

Hey there,
like others here I don't really understand why I should only use 11.1V LiPos of a certain max. capacity and discharge rate. When pulling the trigger, the drawn current from the the LiPo depends on the voltage and resistance which is made of the (non linear) resistance of the motor, the wiring, switch unit and internal resistance of the LiPo. Ohm's Law: I=U/R
I think the internal resistance of a LiPo with higher capacity can be lower than the one of a LiPo with less capacity. But compared to the resistance of the rest of the circuit, the difference should be very low. So the drawn current should be more or less the same with e.g. 1200mAh and 4000mAh.
So why not using high capaciy LiPos with high C-Rates? Using a small LiPo with e.g. 1200mAh 15C can't be that good, because it might operate on the edge of load-bearing capacity. In this case LiPos will produce heat and might break or even explode.

The only reasonable explanation for me is that it might make a difference in the initial current. When turning on an electromotor the initial current is higher than the nominal current. Therfore the inductive resistance of the motor must be lower. A high capacity LiPo with high C-Rates might deliver more power than a smaller one in that moment. Is thats why KWA suggests that?

I'd be grateful if someone of the KWA-Staff could explain their statement regarding LiPos.
Thank you.

Regards

#277 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

A higher "C" rated batteries coupled with  high capacity can and will yield high amps in an electrical system.  A higher output battery than what is recommended by KWA can lead to problems such as trigger contact burnout, high current dump (spiking) and premature motor burnout.
Eventhough a motor or a system only draws what it need no matter how high a battery is capable of delivering, I would have to think that a motor will try to draw as much power that it can to run at it's maximum peak performance.  I can see this in my setup as well.  I can take my 11.1 20C 1200mah (24amps) in my KWA and get a 22rps and then use my 11.1V 30C 2200mah (66amps) and get 25rps.  And although systems and motor ability will differ from gun to gun, the experience I can gain is that a higher "C"/amp output rated batteries will drive a system differently.  You can argue that the KWA then may just need to be ran with a higher "C" rated battery to achieve it's maximum potential and it may be true but you put yourself at risk for damage as aforementioned.  So a KWA recommended spec is a good balance between performance and safety.  Besides I don't run high output battery in any gun without a protective system like a MOSFET.  And with a MOSFET it's a different story.

#278 Twombles

Twombles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

Quick question. When a 11.1v lipo read's "18c" is it the same as "18a"? Same with 15c/15a and 20c/20a? Just curious if the "C" and "A" mean the same thing?

I'd like to purchase a Tenergy 11.1v 1300mah 15c or 20c and I want to make sure I'm within kwa's lipo recommendation. The product description doesn't specify if the battery is 18a or less.

Edited by Twombles, 21 January 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#279 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

"C" rating is used to determine the continuous amps that can be delivered by the battery.  To determine that number take the "C" rating and multiply it by the mAh and divide by 1000.  So 15C X 1200mah/1000=18 amps continuous.

The 15C 1300 mAh battery (19.5amps) you are looking at is in spec, the 20c (26 amps) is not.

#280 Wrath

Wrath

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

gcw360, on 21 January 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

The 15C 1300 mAh battery (19.5amps) you are looking at is in spec, the 20c (26 amps) is not.

But on page 1 it says to not exceed 18A, aren't they both over spec?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users