Hole for mag catch spring size and depth?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 R.C

R.C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows the size of the hole that the mag catch springs fit's into.

From removing the spring, the hole has widened, so I may have to fill it in and re-drill a new hole to slip the straight spring #72 back in.

Also if you know how far down the hole should be drill would be good to know also.

Thanks a lot for any help,
R.

#2 R.C

R.C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:16 AM

No answers from the KWA staff, I thought maybe someone would know this.

If possible I would like to know so I do a good job.

Thanks again, bye.
R.

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

can't say I have an answer.  It's a product that's been long out of production (not to mention it's a really difficult spot to try to take a measurement)

#4 R.C

R.C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

I guess I could understand that, but since it was a mainstay of KWA for such a long time, I thought that info might still be around, or somehow relevant. I did speak with someone in customer service and they gave me a close idea.

Thanks, I guess I assumed most of you owned one (or more) of them, or might have been into them more.

R.

#5 Mikester619

Mikester619

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hey RC, you could buy a KSC original lower frame from an overseas airsoft shop. They are compatible with KWA. Prices range from $10.00-$15.00. Hope that helps

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Judging from the flag on his info chart, I would say he would if he could but the legal system doesn't like it.

#7 R.C

R.C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

Hi, thanks for the input, I hadn't check back in a while.

I think that Mikester maybe talking about a Proarms. But if he checks back into this topic or anyone else knows where these KSC's are available online, please post a link or URL. Also for me the pleasure is fixing and modifying. I don't just like to replace things that much.

But if anyway of the KWA staff could still try to ask around, if I had the proper tool I would measure the spring to get an answer. But I may have to go somewhere and have it done. I want to buy the proper bit. I'm still trying to work it out.

Thanks again,
R.

#8 Mikester619

Mikester619

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Ehobbyasia.com sells the KSC lower frame but they are out of stock at the moment. You could also check Wgcshop.com, Redwolfairsoft.com and Airsoftglobal.com.

WARNING: Some KSC and KWA internal parts are not compatible. Some parts (ie. KWA Trigger Transfer bar Part#92)are different from the KSC version.

Edited by Mikester619, 25 January 2011 - 10:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users