• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bbgbs

bbgbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

I have read not to use aerosol type silicon oil in a GBB because dirt and dust will stick to it. Has anyone tried 3M's dry type silicon spray lube? Obviously it is dry therefore shouldn't collect dust and dirt and wouldn't soak into the hop up. I have used it extensively on race cars to keep the burned rubber from sticking to them yet not making a mess with drippy,runny products like WD and the like. Would this be suitable for use here?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

:shiftyninja: haven't used it in these guns, but I've tried graphite dry lube on certain moving parts of cars and airguns.  

It's a lot of trouble for something as small as bolt rails (you should not spray into anything else), you would be better off with a small bottle of shock oil.  The same kind used in R/C cars and paintball guns.

#3 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

Keep the barrel and bucking dry. Wash with soap and water, let air dry. As far as GBBs go...someone correct me if I am wrong. I believe it is acceptable to fill the reservoir with a mixture of propellant and silicon oil...or put a little on the part of the mag where the propellant comes out.

#4 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

You don't really need to lube the mags that often as the green gas does that already. If the valve starts leaking, then you can remove it, put a drop on the o-ring and tighten it back up to see if that remedies the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users