Silverfade357

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft
    modern warfare 2

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

My m9 ptp (brand new) does not empty the entire mag on a full charge of green gas. I know cold weather can be a problem with gbb pistols. Im shooting it in 20-25 degree weather but im charging it inside at about 70 degrees. Even if i charge it for about 20 seconds it still wont finish the mag. Will this problem go away when it starts to get warmer or is there somthing wrong? I decided im not going to try using it anymore until its at least about 60 degrees out. I have 2 mags and have the same problem with both of them.

Edited by Silverfade357, 27 December 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#2 login67

login67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

View PostSilverfade357, on 27 December 2010 - 12:51 PM, said:

My m9 ptp (brand new) does not empty the entire mag on a full charge of green gas. I know cold weather can be a problem with gbb pistols. Im shooting it in 20-25 degree weather but im charging it inside at about 70 degrees. Even if i charge it for about 20 seconds it still wont finish the mag. Will this problem go away when it starts to get warmer or is there somthing wrong? I decided im not going to try using it anymore until its at least about 60 degrees out. I have 2 mags and have the same problem with both of them.
its the cold they will work better in the summer

#3 jax.haas

jax.haas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

View Postlogin67, on 27 December 2010 - 03:32 PM, said:

its the cold they will work better in the summer
The same was happening to my m9, but this weekend i was able to shoot mags. easily (it was 65 F).

Edited by jax.haas, 01 February 2011 - 03:19 PM.

#4 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft and Computers

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

Try shooting it inside and see if it works better. Thats what I do. :) Just build a bb trap out of thick cardboard.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

Common sense...I like that!:whistle:

#6 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

20-25 Fahrenheit is already below freezing.  Just because you charge the mag indoor, the mag temperature will even out with ambient temperature of the outdoor.  So it doesn't really matter at all and gas will not expand in the cold.  If you try other brand of gun, you probably won't even cycle after 5 shots in that kind of weather.

#7 IrishReaper

IrishReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

View PostBatman, on 01 February 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

Try shooting it inside and see if it works better. Thats what I do. :) Just build a bb trap out of thick cardboard.
Being that green gas is more or less propain without the smell and a little silicon oil can you shoot more than a mag inside without it being harmfull?

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

no more harmful than shooting inside with a coleman canister.  Just don't smoke next to it and you should be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users