• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

I just got a new M1911 Mark IV and I went outside and gasses it up and when I pulled the trigger it worked fine for the first shot then the second, the slide went about halfway back. I took the mag out and put it back in and the same thing happend. I released the gas out of the mag and field stripped the pistol to make sure it was oiled properly and it was but just to be sure I put somemore but it didn't make any differece at all... does anyone have the same problem and do you know if I can fix it myself or if I need to take if back to my local dealer and get it exchanged.

P.S. I believe it is probably something wrong with the mag but I'm not sure so I'm asking for a second opinion.

Thanks,
Tony

#2 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

And another thing is that it workes perfectly when there are no bbs in the mag although it only shoots about 15 rounds.. it is kind of cold at the moment though.

#3 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

The cold is bad for gas guns. The colder the temperature the lower the pressure of the gas. The lower the pressure of gas the less efficient the gun will be. That could be a problem.

Is there any way you could let the mag heat up before you fire it? Or possibly set up a small target in a basement or some place that is heated?

#4 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

I know that cold is not good for gas guns as this is not my first but it was only down to about 48 degrees and I also tried it just now and its about 75 out and same problem... I do not have a basment because I live in sothern California and if u have ever been here you might know that we do not have basements. I was looking at it earlier and I notice that the firing pin (the thing that the hammer pushes into the release valve on mag) and it was not coming back each time the gun fired.... I am going to try it with some different bbs that are not biodgradable but I don't think it will make much of a difference.

#5 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

Just log a ticket on the Help Desk, we'll take care of it for ya.

#6 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

I figured out that it is most likely a magazine problem because if u push up on a certain part of the mag it works fine... im taking to to my local store(also the place i got it from (ANSGEAR)) i will see what they think and then replace the magazine or what ever els is wrong with it...

#7 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

View PostTonyAudenino, on 26 December 2010 - 11:27 AM, said:

I know that cold is not good for gas guns as this is not my first but it was only down to about 48 degrees and I also tried it just now and its about 75 out and same problem... I do not have a basment because I live in sothern California and if u have ever been here you might know that we do not have basements. I was looking at it earlier and I notice that the firing pin (the thing that the hammer pushes into the release valve on mag) and it was not coming back each time the gun fired.... I am going to try it with some different bbs that are not biodgradable but I don't think it will make much of a difference.

California: Rolling stop right turns on a red light, In&Out, Cinnibon with a Diet Coke, 16 year olds in Beamers, and of course, Homeless with iPhones.

#8 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 27 December 2010 - 04:39 PM, said:

California: Rolling stop right turns on a red light, In&Out, Cinnibon with a Diet Coke, 16 year olds in Beamers, and of course, Homeless with iPhones.
Ya the sounds about right lol... but thats only in LA... I hate LA so much...

#9 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

So I took my gun in to my local airsoft store and he was looking at it and then went to shoot it and he though it was also strange... he went and got a new mag and tried it, same thing so he just replaced it and it works great now accept the grip saftey sometimes makes a funny noise when u pull the hammer back but anyway i love the gun and no problems anymore. Thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it.

#10 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

I know with my mark IV that if you have one too many bbs in the mag when you take the first shot it relocks the feed slide on the mag.  Took me a few times to figure that out.  So I have to hand count 14 rounds into each mag.

I dont know if this was the same problem as yours but sounds similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users