Silent cylinder/piston head set. Can it dammage my gun?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JACK1983

JACK1983

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

I have used a systema silent cylinder/piston head set, in all my other guns, and have been really happy with it. Lately I wanted to put one on my KWA M4CQB but one of the techs from the store told me that the cushioning on top of the head may actually cause the piston to bounce back and, in case of a high speed gun, pushing 21 rounds a second, may cause a misalignment of the teeth of the piston with the teeth of the gears resulting in a nasty jam. All I want to know is whether it is safe to put a silent set, or the tech was right, and I may be risking a jam.

#2 triple b

triple b

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

i heard of distortion of the piston head at high speed but bounce back.....thats a new one for me

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

Humm... I'm not a fan of those silence piston head.  I got a few that wrap on me after few thousand rounds.

#4 kurikobun

kurikobun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:00 PM

I have a Systema Silent head set. Installed in my KWA M4 CQB and has been working without a problem for 10k+ rounds. My gun shoots 280 fps at 30 rps. No jams or anything.. and glad I have installed this set.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

Keep in mind all the stock part in our gearbox is design specifically for a reason and they are work in conjunction with each other.  When you decided to change out a part, you are changing the dynamics of the entire gearbox.  Take piston head for example.  It's has to match the design of the cylinder head.  And the cylinder head dimension has to match the cylinder.  They all link together.

#6 JACK1983

JACK1983

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:43 PM

30 rps sounds great but 280fps is lower than the original KWA specs state(340-350). Did you lower your fps by downgrading the spring in order to get extreme rps?

#7 kurikobun

kurikobun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

View Postallizard, on Nov 12 2008, 10:12 AM, said:

Keep in mind all the stock part in our gearbox is design specifically for a reason and they are work in conjunction with each other.  When you decided to change out a part, you are changing the dynamics of the entire gearbox.  Take piston head for example.  It's has to match the design of the cylinder head.  And the cylinder head dimension has to match the cylinder.  They all link together.

Nothing in my gun is stock anymore besides gears, shell, bushings, and trigger switch. Everything else has been replaced.
Silent headset comes as a set. So you get both piston head and the matching cylinder head for it. I'm also using a Systema cylinder. I have excellent compression and no problems.

View PostJACK1983, on Nov 12 2008, 01:43 PM, said:

30 rps sounds great but 280fps is lower than the original KWA specs state(340-350). Did you lower your fps by downgrading the spring in order to get extreme rps?

I'm using a PDI 120% spring and have done a 4 tooth shortstroke which is why it only shoots 280 fps. Using a silent head set will also decrease your fps by 10-15.

Edited by kurikobun, 12 November 2008 - 11:03 PM.

#8 JACK1983

JACK1983

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:47 AM

Seems like you have done quite the amount of work on your gun. I didn't know that the silent head set decreases fps. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users