• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Zed8

Zed8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

Loving my new KMP9, but I am having some magazine troubles. I have tried both types of BBs that I have with me, being Bioshot .20 and .25 grams. Using both, the magazine follower doesn't seem to be able to push the doublestacked BBs reliably to the feed lips of the magazine. Every third or so shot fires a blank and I need to take the mag out and reset the follower to get the next BB to the feed lips.

Has anyone else had problems with different brands of BBs? I am assuming that the problems stem entirely from BB choice, but in my experience, Bioshot BBs are extremely high quality and I am surprised to have problems with them.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

is the bb's not stagger together and both jammed in the channel?! If that's the case bbs is way under size.

#3 airsofteen

airsofteen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

i had the same problem but with ics .25.

#4 Zed8

Zed8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

View Postallizard, on 13 December 2010 - 01:35 PM, said:

is the bb's not stagger together and both jammed in the channel?! If that's the case bbs is way under size.

That's not it. They seem to doublestack well enough, but the follower can't push them up to the feed lip. It seems like there is some ledge or seam right below the feed lips that the BBs don't like going past. Additionally, when I pull the follower down and release it, it is VERY slow in pushing the BBs upwards even before it hits the point where it stops. It feels like a strong enough spring, but...

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Zed8, 13 December 2010 - 04:41 PM.

#5 Zed8

Zed8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

I just remembered that KWA kindly included a tiny pouch with some BBs in the box for the KMP9 that I hadn't used. I assume these are KSC BBs.

I tried them out and they seem to get pushed by the follower just fine right now. Didn't fire them off, because I want to save them for testing, but I guess is is solely a BB problem.

CONCLUSION: KMP9 magazines are picky with BBs, unfortunately. They work well with certain brands and not well with others (including Bioshots and ICS, apparently). Because I haven't heard of this issue all that often, I assume that the majority of brands do work in the magazines, and I just got lucky.

#6 Fox

Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Roughneck Airsoft Detachment

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

My 5 magazines do the same thing with BB King .25s but my crossman .20s work fine. I also ordered some KSC .25s which should be in this week and should work fine since there the kind that came with the gun.

#7 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

one thing to consider is because of manufacture differences, not all bbs are the same, even if they have the "high quality" stamp on it.

In the case of KWA guns liking KWA-manufactured ammunition, it's only natural as the guns tend to be designed around the ammo.

#8 HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

The AirsoftGI G4 BBs run through the magazines perfectly.

#9 Zed8

Zed8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

I am now home and I can confirm that G&G .20g Bios and TSD .26g Bios both work in the mags as well.

#10 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

I was using Javelin .25s and noticed that when the mag was full, the BB follower got stuck, yet after I managed to empty the mag about half way, they fed perfectly fine. This leads me to believe that it's not the BBs, but the actual mag causing the follower to stick. At least In my case...

#11 Zed8

Zed8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

View PostItalian13, on 26 December 2010 - 05:41 PM, said:

I was using Javelin .25s and noticed that when the mag was full, the BB follower got stuck, yet after I managed to empty the mag about half way, they fed perfectly fine. This leads me to believe that it's not the BBs, but the actual mag causing the follower to stick. At least In my case...

I believe that you are mis-interpreting that. The reason that it feeds better when the mag is less than half full is because there are less BBs that the follower needs to push. If there are too many slightly off-sized BBs, the follower won't be able to push them up, but once there are sufficiently few left, the follower can use simple brute strength to move and feed them.

Try other brands.

Edited by Zed8, 31 December 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#12 lil_redd_again

lil_redd_again

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

Yup apparently these mags really hate the ICS bbs. When I first got this gun I had a stash of Kings Arms .28s that were working good with no issues but I cheaped out and bought a baggy of some ICS and sure enough they get jammed up after a shot or 3 and I have to drop the mag and pop up the follower, its bollocks.

#13 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

I've been using goldenball .25g bios and they have (so far) seemed to work well.

Apparently I didn't try enough mags. All 3 of my mags hate goldenballs. I'll have to try something else.

Edited by MatthewTyson, 20 February 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#14 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Is there such a thing as KSC bios? And where is the best place to buy KSC bios and Goldenball .25 bios?

#15 Italian13

Italian13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

Echo1 .25s work for me.

I'll also be trying MadBull .25s and .3s later on.

#16 GHOST11445

GHOST11445

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Women, Real Guns, Electronic music

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

.25 broke my kmp9 :(

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,715 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

Elaborate? :gun:

#18 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

View Postgcw360, on 22 March 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

Elaborate? :gun:
Yeah, me too. I'm waiting to hear this one too, as my KMP9 shut down on me after 2 days and about 12 mags...  :thumbsdown:

#19 ionstorm66

ionstorm66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

I have the same problem, but only on 2 of my mags. After taking the mags apart i found the problem. If you take the head of the top of the mag, you can see that the hole the BB's come out of the clip has 3 round corners and 1 square one. The BB's always get stuck on the side with the 2 round corners. I sanded the corner opposite of the square one and now all my mags work flawlessly. It sames the side with the 2 round corners was just to tight for the BB's to flow though.

EDIT: added pic

Posted Image

Edited by ionstorm66, 02 April 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#20 7.62nate0

7.62nate0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

View PostZed8, on 13 December 2010 - 01:18 PM, said:

Loving my new KMP9, but I am having some magazine troubles. I have tried both types of BBs that I have with me, being Bioshot .20 and .25 grams. Using both, the magazine follower doesn't seem to be able to push the doublestacked BBs reliably to the feed lips of the magazine. Every third or so shot fires a blank and I need to take the mag out and reset the follower to get the next BB to the feed lips.

Has anyone else had problems with different brands of BBs? I am assuming that the problems stem entirely from BB choice, but in my experience, Bioshot BBs are extremely high quality and I am surprised to have problems with them.
I'm almost %100 positive its your bb's.  I love bioshots but unfortunately I have had feeding issues with them in all of my midcaps.  They feed flawlessly in my hicaps though.  Very strange.  Bioshot is supposedly working on a new formula as we speak.  I'm sticking to KSC's and G&G's for now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users