48 replies to this topic

#41 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:36 AM

Hey man I just wanted to thank you for the research that you have done in the way of customizing your KWA. I plan on doing something similar in the future, not the extremely high FPS, and RPS but probably upgrading my spring, and maybe switching out my motor. Once again thanks for the info

Edited by Lt. Tony, 17 November 2008 - 10:48 AM.

#42 Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:14 AM

View PostLt. Tony, on Nov 17 2008, 09:36 AM, said:

Hey man I just wanted to thank you for the research that you have done in the way of customizing your KWA. I plan on doing something similar in the future, not the extremely high FPS, and RPS but probably upgrading my spring, and maybe switching out my motor. Once again thanks for the info

Welcome.

#43 Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:18 AM

View Posttriple b, on Nov 16 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

sounds like paintball.....looks like airsoft needs to get back to its basics. Its a replica sport because u use it in simulations that are mock situations of what might be.....thats airsoft in a nut shell and i feel it should be played that way also not like a "real" life version of call of duty.......just me 2 cents

We play to have fun. Nothing more nothing less. Modifying and upgrading is all part of it. I also have a 650 hp supercharged C6 Corvette Convertible but that is another forum!

#44 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

View PostBlacssr@bellsouth.net, on Nov 13 2008, 04:49 PM, said:

Hello All.

Update as of November 13, 2008:

Guarder 160 spring arrived at my office today. I had a 1/2 hour or so, so I figured I'd install it and see what kind of numbers this setup would yield.

New Numbers are as follows:

Systema Magnum:

Guarder160 Spring- .25g- 545 fps- 24 bps
. I am a little disappointed in the bps. I believe this issue to be caused by one of the following reasons:

1) The Magnum has finally met its match. I hope not, because I have yet to see a more powerful airsoft motor. If anyone knows of one, please chime in at any time!

2) I need more amps to feed the hungry Magnum. In the next day or two, I will add another Lipo 40c to the mix. I will parallel with the first one. Thus, keeping the voltage the same but feeding the Magnum 80 amps! I hope this yields a higher rate of fire. 24 bps sounds anemic compared to 34 bps. ;-).

I still have a few friends in the RC motor business. I may ship Magnum Armature to them to reverse engineer the thing and have a new armature wound with heavier gauge wire/ double turn to improve torque and top end.  This should improve the Magnums short comings but increase amp draw.

This is all the info I have at this time.

Thanks for the interest.

Mike
One thing I like about the Magnum is you can build fairly realistic ROF guns with low voltage batteries (more space) You can easily defeat the use of lithium for more stable conventional batteries in roughly the same space. I had an AKSU that eats a 7.4v in the gas block and have enough space to install a guarder moving bolt kit and still maintain space for the bolt to cycle.

You should be able to punch far more than 180mps(600fps) with a Guarder SP160 spring, In my early days, I was able to construct an early STAR G36K with a replanted TM G36C mechbox and hopup, Guarder 0 Cyl/ AUG Cyl head kit at almost 600 w/ .25g.  we had to run an Eagle Hammer Ultra Torque with a 12v conventional NiMh

On that note, watch out with the Magnum motors when you're using high amperage, they tend to hand grenade when they get hot.  I've broken 3 or so already  :lol:

#45 Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Blacssr@bellsouth.net

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

View PostSpiggy, on Nov 17 2008, 02:48 PM, said:

One thing I like about the Magnum is you can build fairly realistic ROF guns with low voltage batteries (more space) You can easily defeat the use of lithium for more stable conventional batteries in roughly the same space. I had an AKSU that eats a 7.4v in the gas block and have enough space to install a guarder moving bolt kit and still maintain space for the bolt to cycle.

You should be able to punch far more than 180mps(600fps) with a Guarder SP160 spring, In my early days, I was able to construct an early STAR G36K with a replanted TM G36C mechbox and hopup, Guarder 0 Cyl/ AUG Cyl head kit at almost 600 w/ .25g.  we had to run an Eagle Hammer Ultra Torque with a 12v conventional NiMh

On that note, watch out with the Magnum motors when you're using high amperage, they tend to hand grenade when they get hot.  I've broken 3 or so already  :lol:

600 fps has eluded my for sometime now. Any pointers you have would be greatly appreciated. Here is my current setup on my M16:

Deans connectors
Stock gears, piston and cylinder
Magnum motor - End Bell insulated to prevent shorts to brush hood, fine tuned, lathe trued and silver competition brushes and springs
Zero Cylinder
11.1 Volt 3300 mah LIPO w/ 40c discharge
Prometheus 590 mm PSG-1 TB w/Classic Army 4" Silencer
Extreme-fire AB Mosfet w/ added heat sinks
18,000 uf Capacitor bank.

Perhaps the long barrel is causing to much friction?
I am running stock gears (ratio 18-1 ?) to keep bps at a brisk pace. I would sacrifice a few bps to get to 600fps /.25. Once I get there, I'll just increase voltage (14.8 volts) to compensate and get back to 28 bps!

Any ideas on how to break that 600 barrier?

Thanks

Mike

Edited by Blacssr@bellsouth.net, 17 November 2008 - 01:13 PM.

#46 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

unfortunately that's not something I can comment about on our forums.

#47 SOCOM

SOCOM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mil-Sim, LE/SWAT, Taekwondo, Photography, Travel and Military Tactics

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

Blacssr,
Thanks for the info, I am sure everyone could use and appreciate your info/research. After all, that is why we all bought KWA in the first place.......Engineered to Outperform....(any other guns), thanks again!!!

#48 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:20 AM

500 FPS with 30RPS  is an acheivement!  Sounds like my m150 + Prom 3ple torque + Magnum.

The magnum Pinion suck tho...Im using eagle force pinions to replace the magnum's

#49 realjetavenger

realjetavenger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

View PostBlacssr@bellsouth.net, on Nov 17 2008, 04:04 PM, said:

600 fps has eluded my for sometime now. Any pointers you have would be greatly appreciated. Here is my current setup on my M16:

Deans connectors
Stock gears, piston and cylinder
Magnum motor - End Bell insulated to prevent shorts to brush hood, fine tuned, lathe trued and silver competition brushes and springs
Zero Cylinder
11.1 Volt 3300 mah LIPO w/ 40c discharge
Prometheus 590 mm PSG-1 TB w/Classic Army 4" Silencer
Extreme-fire AB Mosfet w/ added heat sinks
18,000 uf Capacitor bank.

Perhaps the long barrel is causing to much friction?
I am running stock gears (ratio 18-1 ?) to keep bps at a brisk pace. I would sacrifice a few bps to get to 600fps /.25. Once I get there, I'll just increase voltage (14.8 volts) to compensate and get back to 28 bps!

Any ideas on how to break that 600 barrier?

Thanks

Mike

If you haven't tried it already get rid of the 590mm inner barrel. At that fps and rate of fire, the 590 is killing you. You are correct that the length is too much friction to overcome for an AEG.  Try a 509mm prometheus. Your fps and rof will go up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users