Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostiWar, on 06 March 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

These are the batteries I use...

Airsoft Lipo Battery - 1600mah 3S (11.1V) 25C BRICK

Thank you for the info.  That gives me a size now.

#122 sjwocelka

sjwocelka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft! And other sports, like football!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

I was wondering what lipo battery can fit in the crane stock of the Sr 10 and still be able to fit a basic mosfet in there.

#123 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

View Postsjwocelka, on 22 May 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

I was wondering what lipo battery can fit in the crane stock of the Sr 10 and still be able to fit a basic mosfet in there.
Have you watched this video?

http://www.kwausa.co...wtopic=4156&hl=

#124 sjwocelka

sjwocelka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft! And other sports, like football!

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

No I haven't. That helps! thanks.

#125 Sportiva99

Sportiva99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:02 PM

I'm just about to order a KWA CQR Mod1 - but the hunt for a battery that fits the hand guard is proving to be a challenge.  Many posts on this subject here point to products in the Pro Shop which is down right now...

If I can, I'd like to order battery & charger from Hobby King, but all 15C LiPo batteries they carry seem to be long and skinny - not brick style which I see people recommend.  Has anyone been able to fit one of these - or something similar - into the stock front hand guard?

7.4 / 1200 / 15C Butterfly
http://www.hobbyking...Warehouse_.html

11.1 / 1400 / 15C
http://www.hobbyking...Warehouse_.html

#126 Adamantium

Adamantium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:26 PM

I just bought a 9.6v 5000mAh NiMh. I figure using that will save me money in the long run by not blowing through so many BBs. I understand the 11.1v lipo is a beast and you'll be spraying BBs down range like crazy with it, so I just decided to go with the slower 9.6v to save $$$..

But if I DID ever want to go with a lipo, I saw the vid of the girl explaining it where she says it has to be an 11.1v 15C and no higher, but she never said what mAh to get. So should I be looking for the highest mAh possible in an 11.1v 15C?

Edited by Adamantium, 07 October 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#127 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:52 AM

View PostAdamantium, on 07 October 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

I just bought a 9.6v 5000mAh NiMh. I figure using that will save me money in the long run by not blowing through so many BBs. I understand the 11.1v lipo is a beast and you'll be spraying BBs down range like crazy with it, so I just decided to go with the slower 9.6v to save $$$..

But if I DID ever want to go with a lipo, I saw the vid of the girl explaining it where she says it has to be an 11.1v 15C and no higher, but she never said what mAh to get. So should I be looking for the highest mAh possible in an 11.1v 15C?
PM sent to your question.  Re-posting it here.

Hi A:

I'll address each question separately.

1. I've been using 11.1v Lipos for years and have never gone back.  They are compact, efficient, and have become relatively cheap.  Yes, they increase your rate of fire. But they also give you a better trigger response which IMO is more satisfying.  BB's are cheap, I wouldn't worry about dumping too many and the best players only shoot what they need, they don't not spray and pray!

2. The 15c rating determines the continuous amps that a battery can deliver.  The concern is two fold 1) too many amps causes more arcing in the trigger and the contacts wear out - this takes many thousands of rounds.  Also, the higher the C rating the more expensive that battery.  2) Higher C ratings allows the voltage to remain higher longer at the beginning of the dump cycle of the battery which allows for a higher rate of fire longer.  In many airsoft guns this voltage can cause "over-spin" which can be a PITA.  For instance a double shot might occur in semi-auto.  The fact is you are typically fine up to 21 amps continuous in a stock gun which is a battery with a 15C rating at 1400mAh.  (15C x 1.4A = 21 Amps Continuous). Big C rating are better suited for R/C helicopters where that power is needed to avoid crashing your $3000 craft while doing acrobatics.  At the end of the day, a 15C 1400 mAh is all you need for an airsoft gun.  And these batteries only cost about $10.

Keep in mind that when you go lipo you need to take precautions (lipo bag) and have a good balancing charger.  That said I believe the benefits are well worth the effort and investment.

Hope this helps,

GW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users