What is this spring and where does it go?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

I'm not sure where this came from but I suspect my gearbox as I was handling it when I found it.  However, my gearbox was sealed, so I'm not sure.

Posted Image

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

top of the hopup unit?

#3 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

View Postallizard, on Oct 29 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

top of the hopup unit?

No, it's smaller than that.  Very flimsy spring.

#4 threadkill

threadkill

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

If you look at your mechbox from the selector plate side, can you see the small spring that compresses when you move the selector plate? I remember this being a small and flimsy spring.

Another possibility is the yaw control lever spring, though I cannot recall the size. Can you full-auto fire at all when in semi-auto mode?

#5 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:54 AM

View Postthreadkill, on Oct 29 2008, 04:24 AM, said:

If you look at your mechbox from the selector plate side, can you see the small spring that compresses when you move the selector plate? I remember this being a small and flimsy spring.

Another possibility is the yaw control lever spring, though I cannot recall the size. Can you full-auto fire at all when in semi-auto mode?

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but I think the latter might be it.  Last I looked at my gearbox, the little springer on the selector plate side was still in.

Thanks for ideas...I'll report back.

#6 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

Where is the yaw control lever anyway?

#7 threadkill

threadkill

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

It's adjacent to and partially under the sector gear.

If you've had to reseat your sector gear, you've probably had to move the yaw lever aside to seat the gear in the lower bearing, similar to holding back the anti-reverse latch (also spring loaded) to seat the bevel gear; tougher to do since it is underneath. A trick I've learned is to move the selector plate to full auto, install and time the gear, then switch off so the safety lever is out of the way when buttoning up the mechbox.

ETA - I was just looking through the Pro Shop to see what factory parts are available, and came across an image of the Ejector Button Spring. Have not seen this spring so cannot judge the size, but nonetheless another spring that could have sprung.

Edited by threadkill, 30 October 2008 - 06:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users