• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 BabyThor

BabyThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Recently, I have had issues firing my KWA KMP9.  When I pull the trigger, 9 times out of 10, the gun refuses to fire.  It had been missing a few shots while emptying the magazine (on full-auto) before-hand, but I was told by KWA support that this was likely because the gun mechanism was freezing up from gas expansion and was not a problem.  Curiously enough, if I press the trigger and then give the gun a slight jolt in the forward direction, it will fire.  This will occur even if I had pulled and released the trigger 5 minutes ago.  What pisses me off the most is that this issue appeared literally DAYS after my warranty had expired.  At first I thought that it was because I hadn't shot it in a while, but the problem has persisted.  Naturally, this has rendered the gun completely unusable, because while in a game, you have to be certain that your gun will actually shoot.  Hopefully I can get this problem sorted out, because I have no money to fix it and it would be a shame to have a $215 decoration.  KWA, you have a reputation to uphold.

#2 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

This seems to happen alot on these . I have had this happen to both of mine now. And my 2nd one is a mere 23 hours old ....... :thumbsdown:

I am presently in the take down process and going to complete a cleaning and inspection of the gun .

My first step of advice is to take the gun down and perform the same .

Clearly marked in the Basic Troubleshooting guide for SMG is states "bolt jams / will not fire.
And their solution is Add silicone to cylinder / main seal / rails / clean gun.

Like I said before strip the gun down and clean , clean , and lube it up. This helped mine .

Its a small defect in the gun  :rolleyes2: . But seems to be a self fixable one  :whistle: .

#3 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

Also here is a picture of mine that is less then 23 hours old  :wtf: and only fired 1 complete magazine on full auto.

I am literally typing this as im stripping it down  :blink: .

Posted Image

Here is a thread about a problem you might be having.
http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=3838

#4 BabyThor

BabyThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

View PostHOLLOWPOINT, on 27 November 2010 - 09:45 PM, said:

Also here is a picture of mine that is less then 23 hours old  :wtf: and only fired 1 complete magazine on full auto.

I am literally typing this as im stripping it down  :blink: .

Posted Image

Here is a thread about a problem you might be having.
http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=3838

I disassembled my gun and corrected that problem mentioned in the thread you linked to.  Thanks for telling me that by the way.  My bolt carrier was already worn quite a bit, so I filed both corners of that part down. I also did some cleaning.  I put it back together, and for the first three shots, it worked fine.  However, after that, the issue returned.  So basically, it's back to page one.  One thing I did notice while the gun was disassembled is that the hammer will not release unless the bolt carrier is pushed as far forward as it will go.  When the gun was apart, the neutral position of this bolt carrier was not all the way forward.  Basically (while disassembled at least), the hammer will not release, meaning the gun will not fire, while the bolt is in its natural position and the bolt must be pushed forward manually to allow the hammer to release.  This could explain why I have to jolt my gun forward to fire it.  Any KWA staff out there?  What is your input on this?

Edited by BabyThor, 28 November 2010 - 08:47 PM.

#5 MikeObrien

MikeObrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

I think your on to something BabyThor, i have the same issues you have and i also noticed that the hammer does not release unless the bolt cycles completely forward after a shot regardless if there is ammunition in the magazine.

#6 MikeObrien

MikeObrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

I also noticed that when the bolt doesn't fully close you can actually push it forward with ease which means it's getting hung up on something underneath,i cant tell what it is but you can test it out by pulling on the charging handle and instead of letting it fly forward ease it in and it almost never fully closes. at least with my mp9.

#7 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:41 AM

No there is definitely something wrong with the design of the bolt and charging handle. This gun has changed the way me and my store feel about kwa's designs. Kind of disturbing that noone from the "kwa staff" will post up some helpful hints......

#8 BabyThor

BabyThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:57 AM

View PostHOLLOWPOINT, on 30 November 2010 - 05:41 AM, said:

No there is definitely something wrong with the design of the bolt and charging handle. This gun has changed the way me and my store feel about kwa's designs. Kind of disturbing that noone from the "kwa staff" will post up some helpful hints......

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking.  While my gun was apart I noticed that there is a spring that, when the bolt is all the way forward, has some tension in it.  This means that when the bolt is all the way forward, it will tend to go back slightly if released.  I believe this to be the source of our problems; maybe something needs to be tightened so the spring can't just pull the bolt back like it does.  

On the subject of KWA's responsibility, I am very disappointed.  I was going to go for something cheaper, but I had heard so many good things about KWA that I figured "why not?"  I mean, I know that the warranty is strictly a 45 day warranty (btw, just because it's the best in the business does not mean it doesn't suck), but isn't there some code of ethics here that says my gun will not break on the 46th day?  That just isn't a very good way to go about things.  It's starting to look like this is going to cost ME money, which, being in high school, I do not have.

#9 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

Wow highschool huh ? Good for you having a good past time. Just sucks that like you said it's costing more money then expected.

But anyway , what spring are you talking about ? Maybe I'll break down 1 of my mp9's and look for the same problem.

#10 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

View PostBabyThor, on 30 November 2010 - 06:57 AM, said:

On the subject of KWA's responsibility, I am very disappointed.  I was going to go for something cheaper, but I had heard so many good things about KWA that I figured "why not?"  I mean, I know that the warranty is strictly a 45 day warranty (btw, just because it's the best in the business does not mean it doesn't suck), but isn't there some code of ethics here that says my gun will not break on the 46th day?  That just isn't a very good way to go about things.  It's starting to look like this is going to cost ME money, which, being in high school, I do not have.

Makes me laugh , they can post in the other mp9 threads but not here ........ :thumbsup:

#11 MikeObrien

MikeObrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

View PostHOLLOWPOINT, on 30 November 2010 - 05:41 AM, said:

Your absolutely right, i also noticed that i have the same markings you have in the chamber.

Edited by MikeObrien, 30 November 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#12 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

We are not ignoring this post as we are trying to duplicate what is happening with your guns.  Until we can duplicate the issues your gun is exhibiting we really don't have anything new to add to this thread.  And if you really have an issue with our products please use the HelpDesk for an one-on-one technical assistance or warranty request.

#13 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

no point of me replying so early on without an idea of an answer.  If you take a look at the bottom, there's a list of users reading the thread.  I've been tagging this thread since the 27th.

Also, thanks to holiday season, much of the tech center has been converted to Santa's Workshop.   :blink:

as stated above, I'm trying to replicate the problem.  Anything you guys can tell me to help figure out variables? Types of gas, types of oil, types of bbs, ambient temperature, condition of internals etc etc?

Also, if you are concerned with the warranty thing, the help desk is set up to take questions.  If you had any issues (in or out of warranty, doesn't matter) you're still more than welcome to pose the question there.  Because this is an open user's forum, it's a bit more difficult for staff to keep tabs on direct questions.  The tickets work better for direct questions.

#14 MikeObrien

MikeObrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

the help desk is down as of your post spiggy

#15 MikeObrien

MikeObrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

Power Green Gas

KSC silicon oil

Bioval 25 gram

60-70 Fahrenheit

Pristine Internals "out of the box used twice"

Edited by MikeObrien, 30 November 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#16 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

<_< aww, there's never a dull moment here :blinded:  

Do you still have your factory grease on your gun?

#17 BabyThor

BabyThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

For gas I am currently using (well, was, until it broke) King Arms Green Gas.  I went through a period of time where I used propane (the chemical buildup from the smell is hogwash by the way), but it began to misfire on some shots so I decided to go to green gas.

I've been using a combination of the included silicon oil and some ICS oil I have on hand

WE Tech .20s or Echo 1 .25s are my ammunition

It's been around 70-80 degrees lately

Internals are fine save for where the bolt has been scratched from the bolt catch.  I sanded down the bolt catch to stop this.

There's probably still some factory grease in there, as I haven't yet done a deep cleaning, just maintenance cleaning.

#18 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

Not that this info is that important but I'll play along.

Gas- green gas
Oil - "kwa's provided silicone"
Bb's - .20 and .25 tsd
Amb temp - indoors 55*~65*
Internals - gun #1 is over a month old and internals showed massive amount of wear. I will admit I did not tear down the gun when it was brand new.

Gun #2 is about 72 hours give or take a day and fired one complete mag on full auto.  Then torn down an found odd scoring equivalent to gun 1. Gun has not been fired since the first mag. In process of selling it and the rest.

Factory grease still evident in both guns.

#19 MikeObrien

MikeObrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

I have to agree with hollowpoint, i dont see how this is relevant in anyway and i also have the same scoring. i still belive the bolt is getting hung up on somthing while traveling forward.

#20 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

View PostMikeObrien, on 01 December 2010 - 11:05 AM, said:

I have to agree with hollowpoint, i dont see how this is relevant in anyway and i also have the same scoring. i still belive the bolt is getting hung up on somthing while traveling forward.

From a manufactures point of view, we need all the information to "accurately" replicate the issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users