8 replies to this topic

#1 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

I just got my Mp7a1 about two days ago, I noticed there is a lot of wiggle in the fire selector switch. It still clicks into firing and safety positions normally, But it has a bit of play in it where it can move up and down. Now, My question is whether or not this is normal, and, if not, if there is some kind of adjustment I can make to tighten it back up.

Thanks.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

There is a small screw there that can wiggle itself free over time.  You can tighten it down with a 0.89mm allen wrench.  Just give it a light hand tighten and you'll be fine.

I don't recommend threadlocking this screw because it's extremely small and sometimes you need to get into your gun for maintenance.  Threadlocking such a small part could potentially cause more problems in the future.

#3 kullwarrior

kullwarrior

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Immunology, Virus, Infectious Bacteria, Firearms

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

left side should be nice and tight. Right side has quite a bit of play.

#4 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

View Postkullwarrior, on 15 November 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

left side should be nice and tight. Right side has quite a bit of play.

That's because the left side is one piece, compare to the right side where it connects with a tiny screw.

Spiggy is right don't thread lock this screw, it loosens once in a while but can easily be fix with .9mm hex key.

#5 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

View Postcjboi, on 15 November 2010 - 09:31 PM, said:

That's because the left side is one piece, compare to the right side where it connects with a tiny screw.

Spiggy is right don't thread lock this screw, it loosens once in a while but can easily be fix with .9mm hex key.

Both sides are equally loose and move with each other. I have to go and buy a .89mm allen key since I dont have one that small laying around. Is ther anything else that might cause this problem though since both sides seem loose?

#6 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

View PostBrigg, on 15 November 2010 - 10:23 PM, said:

Both sides are equally loose and move with each other. I have to go and buy a .89mm allen key since I dont have one that small laying around. Is ther anything else that might cause this problem though since both sides seem loose?

Did you buy this gun brand new or used? Once you unscrew part# 63, pull out part# 61 and see if the inner body itself is worn out. If so, then that's the reason why its wiggly. The only way for you to fix this is buy a new selector switch from proshop. I don't think there's nothing wrong with the whole gas system where you put your selector switch in. You could also buy this part from this site My link

Note: Dont buy it unless your selector switch is worn out.

#7 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

View Postcjboi, on 15 November 2010 - 10:57 PM, said:

Did you buy this gun brand new or used? Once you unscrew part# 63, pull out part# 61 and see if the inner body itself is worn out. If so, then that's the reason why its wiggly. The only way for you to fix this is buy a new selector switch from proshop. I don't think there's nothing wrong with the whole gas system where you put your selector switch in. You could also buy this part from this site My link

Note: Dont buy it unless your selector switch is worn out.

As far as I know, the gun is brand new, came in the box with all the paperwork and everything. I just picked it up on Saturday so ive had it a total of two days.

#8 KWA Patriot

KWA Patriot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

My selector switch has been wobbly since day one as well. I have tightened the hex screw a few times now and it always comes loose... It has actually never fallen off or become too wobbly so I have never given it much thought. Overall, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

#9 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

View PostBrigg, on 15 November 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

As far as I know, the gun is brand new, came in the box with all the paperwork and everything. I just picked it up on Saturday so ive had it a total of two days.

If it really bothers and worries you, then I suggest you buy an extra selector switch. Goodluck on your gun.

PS. Dont worry too much with the gun. PLAY it!, you'll notice your having so much fun using it then maybe you'll forget about the wiggly selector switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users