Hop-up misaligned

6 replies to this topic

#1 Coin3

Coin3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

First of all, the parts I was missing in my other topic got put in by myself, and that problem is fixed perfectly. :)

But I noticed another thing now. I believe this was my fault though.
When I adjust the hop up, the nub actually rotates slightly in the direction I adjust it, which makes the bb go off to the side a lot if I turn the hop-up up. When turned off, the nub is rotated to about 1 o'clock if you were to compare it that way. Fully on the nub is about 10 o'clock. I think this happens because I might have tried cleaning the inner barrel when the hop-up was still on.

My question to the KWA techs, or anyone who knows what to do, is how would I go about taking apart the hop-up, and making sure everything is lined up properly?

Edited by Coin3, 13 November 2010 - 03:55 PM.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

during installation, did you take the whole hopup unit apart?

#3 Coin3

Coin3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

I don't know how. I took off the part that keeps the inner barrel aligned straight, because it is the only piece with a visible screw to take out.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

that part may be misaligned.  Your hopup should not be spinning around if this part is doing it's job correctly.

#5 Coin3

Coin3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

I fixed it. The screw wasn't tight enough, so the barrel still had a little bit of room to wobble around.

Case closed! :)

#6 chuck1892

chuck1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

When you say tighten the screw is it the one connecting the hop up to the inner barrel?

#7 Coin3

Coin3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

I mean the only screw that you can see with the hop-up still attached. It holds the piece that keeps the inner barrel from rotating.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users