15 replies to this topic

#1 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

How do you maintain your MP9 ? I just purchased mine and really want to keep it well maintained.

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

on occasion, follow the instructions of disassembly as indicated in the MP9 manual.

Run your finger across the surface of the bolt or barrel assembly.  If it picks up a large amount of darkened material or grime, it's a good idea to wipe down the parts with a clean cloth.

Any application of oil(supplied) should be done with the help of a Q-Tip, so you don't drench the assembly.  There are small rails on the side of the bolt as well as the hammer.  These are strategic points for oil.

Do Not use any aerosol type spray.  This is especially true for WD40

Playing outdoors will accelerate the necessity for basic maintenance as you kick up dust and mud.

#3 MikeObrien

MikeObrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:54 AM

After wiping off the grime gathered on the metal internals there seems to be very little if any lubricant left on them, what lubricant does KWA use on them?
It appears to be a grease of some kind.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

the factory grease is a packing grease best suited for travel, the prefered lubricant is the silicone oil included the package

#5 MikeObrien

MikeObrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Understood.

#6 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

Spiggy, on 11 November 2010 - 04:46 PM, said:

the factory grease is a packing grease best suited for travel, the prefered lubricant is the silicone oil included the package

Ok so in general , like real firearms all moving parts and springs should be hit with the included silicone oil ?

#7 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

I play outdoors cqb exclusively and the mp7 and now my mp9 both tend to pick up allot of dust, dirt and little pine needles etc all the time.  I take the thing apart and clean it with dish soap and a tooth brush in the kitchen sink, blow it all perfectly dry with compressed air (you can use the stuff made to blow keyboards out if you don't have a compressor) then use a drop of the KWA oil on the cylinder.  I don't oil anything else because it just helps the dirt stick faster.

#8 HOLLOWPOINT

HOLLOWPOINT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

dobey, on 15 November 2010 - 06:16 AM, said:

I play outdoors cqb exclusively and the mp7 and now my mp9 both tend to pick up allot of dust, dirt and little pine needles etc all the time.  I take the thing apart and clean it with dish soap and a tooth brush in the kitchen sink, blow it all perfectly dry with compressed air (you can use the stuff made to blow keyboards out if you don't have a compressor) then use a drop of the KWA oil on the cylinder.  I don't oil anything else because it just helps the dirt stick faster.

Makes sence.

How do you feel about using simple green to clean it off?

#9 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

I never tried it, I use dawn dish detergent and it works great, wont hurt anything in there.  I think that is the soap they use on those oil spill birds, if it is safe enough to clean a hurt animal it is safe enough for my KWA.

#10 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

HOLLOWPOINT, on 15 November 2010 - 09:20 AM, said:

Makes sence.

How do you feel about using simple green to clean it off?
Dobey is spot on for a complete breakdown maintenance (kind of like a major tuneup for a car)

Simple green is handy for metal stuff, but it may be a little too harsh for the synthetic materials.  Dawn Dish Soap is amazing for simple cleanups.  I use the stuff too.  Makes your gun smell lemony.

#11 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

dobey, on 15 November 2010 - 06:16 AM, said:

Dobey, to what stage do you disassemble to MP9 to, to clean it?

Cheers bud

#12 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

I pull the bolt and the barrel out, then just run it in the sink with an old tooth brush, hot water, and the dish soap.

#13 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

Awesome, I assume you mean the whole gun in the sink?

I'm so used to AEG's it's unreal....

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

dobey, on 18 October 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

I pull the bolt and the barrel out, then just run it in the sink with an old tooth brush, hot water, and the dish soap.
So to be certain, the barrel and bolt ARE NOT in the sink but the remainder of the gun is washed there...correct?

#15 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

I put everything in the sink (except the upper which has optics etc on it).  I even do the mags in the sink once in a while, just pull the springs out and give the bb tray a good scrubbing.

After they are all back together I put the mags gassed up in a pan of water to make sure there are no leaks either.  Just clean and dry everything after you are done scrubbing.

Edited by dobey, 19 October 2011 - 02:42 PM.

#16 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

I will have to try this...there are still traces of packing grease in the lower of the gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users