KZ75 Firing problem - How to fix?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Andy

Andy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hey guys, I seem to be having some troubles with my KWA KZ75. I bought the gun a couple months ago from AirsoftGI as I'd heard great things about the NS2 system and I love CZ75's. As more of a collector than a player, it hasn't seen much use.

I took it out to fire it the other day, and when I went to fire, bb's would begin to stack up in the barrel. The loading nozzle appeared fine, and adjusting the hop up didn't seem to do anything. Adjusting the hop had never seemed to do anything for it, but I had never previously had this problem, and firing earlier that day had gone smoothly. I'd fire and the gun would cycle just fine, but for 2 to 5 shots it wouldn't shoot anything, then it'd shoot multiple bb's (3-6) out of the barrel at once.

As I didn't know what was causing this, I took the gun apart to lube it in hopes that would work. I took out the recoil spring and removed the barrel/hop unit from the gun, put oil on it, then put it back in the gun. When I had it out, adjusting the hop setting did nothing, and the bucking was looking somewhat chewed up. Now the gun is not cycling at all, and when I attempt to pull back the slide, it only moves rearward far enough to get to the takedown notch (moves rearward about 1cm).

As for what I've ran through it, I've been using Duster gas or Propane with KSC .25's, AE .2's, or WE and TSD .28's. I filed a ticket at the help desk and learned that using propane had voided my warranty.  So, I'd like to get some parts to fix it (as I'd rather not spend $45 to send it in), but I don't really know what I need.  

Also, I currently do not have an exploded diagram and so far haven't been able to find one.  My gun didn't come with a manual (not sure if they typically do), and aside from the 'Library' on these forums, I don't know where to look.  

Thank you for your help. I'd be perfectly happy to take any needed pictures or describe anything else. Thank you so much!
-Andy

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

Could you take a picture of the hop up bucking, loading ramp, and air nozzle?

#3 chuck1892

chuck1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

This has also happened to mine.. interesting

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Are you using propane too or green gas?

#5 chuck1892

chuck1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

Alittle of both. I should note mine was the display model and was alittle used and abused before.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

If too much silicon is used in the gun and the bucking is exposed to it then the bucking can swell and cause issues with firing.  That's why I asked about propane.  Making sure the correct amount of silicone is used with propane can be difficult and if too much was added this may be causing your problem.  If this is the cause, I would recommend replacing the bucking.  

If you can remove the barrel assembly you can observe the bucking when on and off.  From there you should be able to determine if the bucking is what is blocking the barrel. :gun:

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

View PostAndy, on 08 November 2010 - 02:48 PM, said:

Hey guys, I seem to be having some troubles with my KWA KZ75. I bought the gun a couple months ago from AirsoftGI as I'd heard great things about the NS2 system and I love CZ75's. As more of a collector than a player, it hasn't seen much use.

I took it out to fire it the other day, and when I went to fire, bb's would begin to stack up in the barrel. The loading nozzle appeared fine, and adjusting the hop up didn't seem to do anything. Adjusting the hop had never seemed to do anything for it, but I had never previously had this problem, and firing earlier that day had gone smoothly. I'd fire and the gun would cycle just fine, but for 2 to 5 shots it wouldn't shoot anything, then it'd shoot multiple bb's (3-6) out of the barrel at once.

As I didn't know what was causing this, I took the gun apart to lube it in hopes that would work. I took out the recoil spring and removed the barrel/hop unit from the gun, put oil on it, then put it back in the gun. When I had it out, adjusting the hop setting did nothing, and the bucking was looking somewhat chewed up. Now the gun is not cycling at all, and when I attempt to pull back the slide, it only moves rearward far enough to get to the takedown notch (moves rearward about 1cm).

As for what I've ran through it, I've been using Duster gas or Propane with KSC .25's, AE .2's, or WE and TSD .28's. I filed a ticket at the help desk and learned that using propane had voided my warranty.  So, I'd like to get some parts to fix it (as I'd rather not spend $45 to send it in), but I don't really know what I need.  

Also, I currently do not have an exploded diagram and so far haven't been able to find one.  My gun didn't come with a manual (not sure if they typically do), and aside from the 'Library' on these forums, I don't know where to look.  

Thank you for your help. I'd be perfectly happy to take any needed pictures or describe anything else. Thank you so much!
-Andy
I wasn't clear if you had found the diagram.  Follow the link: http://www.kwausa.co...emid=69&nav=0,2

:gun:

#8 chuck1892

chuck1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Ah, so I should take out the barrel from the hop up unit? I in screwed the thing that keeps the barrel in place but the barrel won't come out and I'm afraid to pull too hard

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

View Postchuck1892, on 22 January 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Ah, so I should take out the barrel from the hop up unit? I in screwed the thing that keeps the barrel in place but the barrel won't come out and I'm afraid to pull too hard

If you are referring to removing the inner barrel from the outer, you do not need to do that.  Take the inner and outer as a unit, sight down the inside and adjust the hop-up.  If when the hop-up is off it's still protruding that may be your problem.  :gun:

#10 chuck1892

chuck1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

The hop up isn't protruding when its off but the bucking seems swollen

#11 chuck1892

chuck1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

so where would I go about buying this bucking?

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

Pro Shop.  Call to confirm but I am fairly certain that all of the KWA GBB pistols take the same bucking.:gun:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users