#1 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

Oops meant KMP9 in title, too used to saying mp7 I guess lol

Just got one today so I figured I will get a thread started and see if I could go an hour without voiding my warranty.  I could not lol.

Pulled it out of the box, gassed it up with propane and let it rip through the chrono:

Posted Image

First impression, thing kicks allot!  In fact it kicked enough that it pulled back and I shot the chrono once or twice.  Note to self, hold onto it a little tighter.

359.6 fps and 19.75 rounds per second with madbull 0.25 bb's and about 60 degrees.  Very nice, and right at my fields limit.

First things first, strip it apart and blast the orange off.  Once again KWA has outdone themselves, very very nice piece, the design is excellent and KWA is once again setting the bar (very high).

Posted Image

Flash hider apprears to be steel so I am giving it a powder coating with ultra matte black so it wont rust, also tightened the two screws up on the side rail, they were pretty loose:

Posted Image

Here is the flash hider fresh out of the oven after powder coating, still warm:

Posted Image

Ahh this is better, ow to go abuse it this weekend and see what I want to do next:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by dobey, 20 October 2010 - 04:22 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

You never fail to please. :gun:

#3 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

Purty... :hithearts:

#4 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

Playing around with this today and the stock is just too long for my taste.  I think they made it a bit longer so it would line up with the front grip.  Time to take care of that problem.

I took the thing apart:

Posted Image

Saw that it was susceptible to shortening so I cut off about 3 inches.  Milled a new slot in the shortened stock for the hinge (stuff cuts like Zytel, very strong polymer thumbs up KWA) and loaded it back in with larger roll pins.  It had small ones, probably 1.5mm pins but I used 0.125 pins instead.

Posted Image

Now this is much more to my liking.  Down falls are no locking the stock in the folded position, and the stock makes using it folded with the right hand difficult.  I never plan on folding the stock in play, for me it is just a storage and transport feature.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Feydakin

Feydakin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

That would probably work quite well for me - as an eville lefty  :devil:

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Rough aluminum casting copy

*cough* 25x1mm *cough*

;) Doesn't make it louder until you install the cup.  Dobey, I'm confident you already know where I was going with this.

Attached Files

#7 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Great Idea!  I didn't want to fuss with the threads so I just made it one piece.  Lets start with a chunk of billet 6061:

Posted Image

I machined up the gun side first, getting it to fit nice and snug in the barrel block:

Posted Image

Then I drilled out a center hole, and flipped it around to get to work on the business end:

Posted Image

This unit is all one piece, with the cone machined right into it.  I added a few rings to spice things up a little, they could be cooling rings if you like.  I cut the cone at 12 degrees.

Posted Image

A little test fitting before it gets a powder coat.  Wow did that wake this thing up.  It is without a doubt the best sounding airsoft gun I have heard.  Very sharp and loud:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I cant wait to blast some kids with this tomorrow!

#8 Gun487

Gun487

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

Dobey, you're my idol.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

View Postdobey, on 22 October 2010 - 08:27 AM, said:

Great Idea!  I didn't want to fuss with the threads so I just made it one piece.  Lets start with a chunk of billet 6061:

Posted Image

I machined up the gun side first, getting it to fit nice and snug in the barrel block:

Posted Image

Then I drilled out a center hole, and flipped it around to get to work on the business end:

Posted Image

This unit is all one piece, with the cone machined right into it.  I added a few rings to spice things up a little, they could be cooling rings if you like.  I cut the cone at 12 degrees.

Posted Image

A little test fitting before it gets a powder coat.  Wow did that wake this thing up.  It is without a doubt the best sounding airsoft gun I have heard.  Very sharp and loud:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I cant wait to blast some kids with this tomorrow!
:hithearts:Dobey, your killing me here.  Ok, for Christmas I want a lathe, a powder coating set-up (with oven) and Dobey to teach me how to use it all.

#10 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

Got to put it through its paces this weekend.  Did 8 hours of play on Saturday with about 30 players and again Sunday for 6 hours with 20 players.  It did not disappoint, functioning flawlessly for both days.  Not a single mis-feed.  Because I had just the one mag I was typically reloading it in game and was locking the bolt on a second mag 90% of the time on one gas charge.  I need more mags please!

#11 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

They're coming soon. Sorry for the wait.

#12 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:09 AM

Pictures of it after the Amp was powder coated, I also added a 5mw Bravo green laser which really helps until extra mags come out.  I don't have to shoot as much to keep players under cover when I can shine the laser through their doors and windows to let them know I am ready to cap them.

The laser added to the insane bark this gun has is enough to keep players under cover.  :gun:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

I removed the little tab at the front of the gun.  I understand its importance on a real firearm but on this thing it doesn't really matter and it was bothering me (I have big hands).  

I cut it off on the band saw and then sanded it smooth on the belt sander and I am much happier.  Now looking for something else to add or remove.

Posted Image

So mods so far:

Powder coated the outer barrel black
Tightened side rail screws
Shortened the folding stock 3 inches
Machined an outer barrel with integrated amplifier and powder coated black
Rounded the sharp edges on the bolt catch (see other thread)
Removed the fore grip nub

Added:

Swiss Arms Red Dot
Bravo 5mw Green Laser
Condor tan single point bungee sling

#14 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

I totally want one of those loudeners you made. I love loud guns :D

#15 MasonF

MasonF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, real firearms, modifying cars.

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

Nice mods, man. Bet it sounds sweet with that giant loudener on the end. Want to make me a 14mm CCW barrel? :D

#16 Descydia

Descydia

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, RC racing, cars, guitar, editing, photography, video games, and jokes.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

I'm sorry to go off topic but, can I get a link to that red dot dobey?

#17 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

I picked it up at a local shop, found the same thing here but I have never ordered from them:

http://www.actionvil...om/016-195-0003

#18 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:36 AM

Quick and easy mod to drop your gun around 40 to 45 fps:

Quick chrono today with propane around 40 degrees and 0.25g bb's:

Posted Image

Next strip the bolt down and pull the metal rocket valve (upper metal one) that comes stock in the gun out, and replace it with a stock KWA MP7 valve (lower white one):

Posted Image

Reassemble the gun and chrono with same mag and bb's:

Posted Image

She is now ready for CQB for a couple bucks.

#19 lil_redd_again

lil_redd_again

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

So youve been using propane huh. Maybe youre a tad more careful in charging the mag than myself but uh, about 7 mags in I guess I mangled the charging valve or something but the mag isnt taking a charge, it sprays the gas every which way out around the cvalve. Are you using a plastic or metal adapter? And liquid silicone oil or the silicone spray? Sorry for my questions, and I like your custom work I just really want to like my new piece Im just pissed at my magazine.

I pulled the charging valve and theres no visible damage, Im pretty sure Im looking at a little rubber oring down there in the cvalve..

#20 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

I only use propane.  I use the red plastic airsoft innovations propane adapter, had it for a few years and never had a problem with it.  I never add any silicone oil (or any oil for that matter) to my mags.  I have never had a problem this way.  After a heavy skirmish I strip the gun apart and clean it with a tooth brush and dish soap (hot water)in the sink then blow it all dry and re-lube by adding a drop, no more, no less of kwa oil to the cylinder and that is it.  No oil in any other parts.  

This may or may not void the warranty, but as you can see by any of my posts I am not real concerned with my warranty lol.  Follow my advice at your own risk, I am just saying what I do to my guns.

Can you get us a picture of your fill valve?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users