4 replies to this topic

#1 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

Can someone please take a picture of your whole gas system of your MP7, I'm not just talking about the bolt carrier. I bought an aftermarket parts for my MP7, because maybe it could fix one of the issue Im getting on my MP7.
Posted Image
I dont have my other mp7 anymore so I'm left with one. I wanna make sure I install everything right before I put everything together. Yesterday when I tried installing the new hammer spring and put everything back. It seems like my trigger is not working properly and not functioning. Now Im kindly asking for help to anyone who could take a picture on how the hammer spring sits properly and part 59, where it connects to part 85. Please and thank you

#2 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:15 AM

cjboi, on 12 October 2010 - 03:01 PM, said:

Can someone please take a picture of your whole gas system of your MP7, I'm not just talking about the bolt carrier. I bought an aftermarket parts for my MP7, because maybe it could fix one of the issue Im getting on my MP7.
Posted Image
I dont have my other mp7 anymore so I'm left with one. I wanna make sure I install everything right before I put everything together. Yesterday when I tried installing the new hammer spring and put everything back. It seems like my trigger is not working properly and not functioning. Now Im kindly asking for help to anyone who could take a picture on how the hammer spring sits properly and part 59, where it connects to part 85. Please and thank you

I'm glad you were able to fix the trigger. So your problem is back huh? Does this problem happen most times or once in a while? If  it happens most of the time then can you look at the underside looking thru the mag well, evertime you cock your gun with a loaded mag, remove it and look if the firing pin has retracted all the way. Try doing this everytime you cock the gun with a loaded mag and i'll bet that one time you will see it half retracted. If you see it that way reinsert the mag and pull the trigger, if the hammer falls but does not fire then that's your problem.

#3 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

tiger, on 17 October 2010 - 06:15 AM, said:

I'm glad you were able to fix the trigger. So your problem is back huh? Does this problem happen most times or once in a while? If  it happens most of the time then can you look at the underside looking thru the mag well, evertime you cock your gun with a loaded mag, remove it and look if the firing pin has retracted all the way. Try doing this everytime you cock the gun with a loaded mag and i'll bet that one time you will see it half retracted. If you see it that way reinsert the mag and pull the trigger, if the hammer falls but does not fire then that's your problem.

Im glad your back here in KWA checking out the forums still. But ya which part # is the firing pin? Part of that too I think is because my recoil spring is weak so I bought the DYTAC recoil spring for my mp7 also. I haven't received it yet, but when I do I will let you guys know. By the way, the bolt carrier you suggested before didn't work. Oh ya can you tell me exactly which one is the firing pin, lol Im only good with part # hahaha. I took the hammer spring out and that was pretty easy to take out and there's actually a better way to put the part # 71 back in without bending the hammer spring individually to put part # 73 (without even touching it).

#4 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

By the way I recently installed the dytac recoil spring and dytac hammer spring. I must say it fixed the problem so far. I dont have to pull the charging handle twice for now, before it starts to fire. It took me awhile to install it because I had to wait after my exams. The dytac hammer spring did not make any difference from the stock hammer spring, they produced the same amount of FPS. Im guessing the the problem with my gun really was, it wasn't pushing the whole bolt system hard enough to set the trigger for the the hammer spring or just not pushing the whole bolt in to make contact with the valve release. DYTAC recoil spring is really stiff compare to my old used one, its an A+ after market part for the KSC/KWA MP7. I recommend buying it for anyone people who has worn out recoil spring.

Edited by cjboi, 07 November 2010 - 08:02 PM.

#5 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:56 PM

Update:

The problem came back but I noticed part #105 from the butt stock was loose and the recoil spring wasn't really guiding the bolt carrier in the right position. I believe over all the main problem was the recoil spring, because having a newer stiffer recoil spring fixed most of the problem I have with my gun and tightening part #105 helped the recoil spring sits in the butt stock tight and well sat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users