#1 Soulkreig

Soulkreig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Parkour.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

Well, I have a very odd issue with my M93R... The hop up bucking is... swelled up. :wtf: It's the strangest thing. It's gotten bigger and it's not fitting into the hop chamber, which makes the gun jam horribly. Is there anything I can do to shrink the bucking back to the right size? Some solution I can soak it in or something? Or do I need some new rubber? This is the second time this has happened, actually... :iiam:

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

View PostSoulkreig, on 08 October 2010 - 06:36 PM, said:

Well, I have a very odd issue with my M93R... The hop up bucking is... swelled up. :wtf: It's the strangest thing. It's gotten bigger and it's not fitting into the hop chamber, which makes the gun jam horribly. Is there anything I can do to shrink the bucking back to the right size? Some solution I can soak it in or something? Or do I need some new rubber? This is the second time this has happened, actually... :iiam:
First a question.  Are you using propane and adding the silicone?:gun:

#3 Soulkreig

Soulkreig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:40 AM

Yep. I use propane. I guess it soaked up all the oil. Well, is there anyway for me to get it back to regular size before sunday? (I have a match then...)

Edited by Soulkreig, 09 October 2010 - 05:00 AM.

#4 Gun487

Gun487

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

Wash it lightly with soapy water and let it air dry.

#5 Soulkreig

Soulkreig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

View PostGun487, on 09 October 2010 - 05:18 AM, said:

Wash it lightly with soapy water and let it air dry.
Thx, but it didn't work. :blinded:

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

View PostSoulkreig, on 09 October 2010 - 06:46 AM, said:

Thx, but it didn't work. :blinded:
Some people have resorted to soaking in acetone to remove the silicone.  I can't say this will work so search the forum for the threads associated with this fix.  It I find the link I'll post it. :gun:

#7 Soulkreig

Soulkreig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

View Postgcw360, on 09 October 2010 - 07:07 AM, said:

Some people have resorted to soaking in acetone to remove the silicone.  I can't say this will work so search the forum for the threads associated with this fix.  It I find the link I'll post it. :gun:
I can't find anythin else on the forum about this. How long do I soak it in the acetone?

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

View PostSoulkreig, on 09 October 2010 - 08:51 AM, said:

I can't find anythin else on the forum about this. How long do I soak it in the acetone?

Here's the thread I was referring to. http://www.kwausa.co...opic=1871&st=60

Please note that I am not recommending that you use acetone.  I have not tried it and really don't know if it will damage the bucking.  That said it sounds like the bucking isn't working and you don't have much to loose.

Regarding the thread, it sounds like the same problem but with the MP7.  In the end you may need to just replace the bucking. One last thing, acetone loves to eat plastic, paint and about anything it hits other that metal and glass.  Be careful if you try it! :gun:

#9 Soulkreig

Soulkreig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

View Postgcw360, on 09 October 2010 - 10:10 AM, said:

Please note that I am not recommending that you use acetone.  I have not tried it and really don't know if it will damage the bucking.  That said it sounds like the bucking isn't working and you don't have much to loose.

Regarding the thread, it sounds like the same problem but with the MP7.  In the end you may need to just replace the bucking. One last thing, acetone loves to eat plastic, paint and about anything it hits other that metal and glass.  Be careful if you try it! :gun:
Yeah, I figured you weren't recommending it. :lol:

Well, I'mma try the acetone thing. The ppl on that topic seemed to think it worked. I mostly just want my gun working for my airsoft match tomorrow. I'll have my dad help me with the acetone (he's good with this kind of stuff). If I let the bucking dry for a day, I don't see how it would hurt the other parts of the gun. Unless the bucking acts like a sponge... :shocked: If it hurts the bucking, idc, it's usless anyway. I'll post again after the skirmish and let ya know how the acetone works. ;)

Edited by Soulkreig, 09 October 2010 - 11:18 AM.

#10 Soulkreig

Soulkreig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

I meant to post a follow-up, but I forgot. :|

ANYWAY, I tried the acetone (soak for an hour, let it dry for a day) and the bucking shrunk down to the right size and now it's working good-as-new. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users