Aluminum Slide vs. Metal Slide?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Villain

Villain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Gotta love Airsoft! Been doing it since I was 14. Been using my Mac 11 for most of those years.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:07 AM

So I have acquired a M17 and I am still waiting for the man in brown shorts to drop it off at my place. The guy I bought it from on an online ad said it was all plastic with no upgrades. I am assuming its at least 4 maybe 5 years old since he never mentioned it had an aluminum slide.

So I am looking at slides and have been wondering if there is a difference with metal and aluminum slides?

I am looking for a better and faster cycle with my gun and if either slide weighs more than the other; Which one would be better?

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

1. KWA never sell any M17 with a plastic slide.  At least not the past 5 years.  What you have probably is a KSC.
2. Metal is a generic word.  Steel is metal, Zinc alloy is metal.  Aluminum is ALSO metal.
3. Most KWA pistol already have aluminum slide.  
4. Lighter weight metal cycle the slide faster.

#3 Villain

Villain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Gotta love Airsoft! Been doing it since I was 14. Been using my Mac 11 for most of those years.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

Got my pistol and luckily the slide is aluminum so I don't have to worry about upgrading that part.

Thanks for the advice allizard. I knew KWA stopped selling plastic slides a long time ago; I used to work at an airsoft shop a long time ago when I was in high school but I mainly worked with AEG. Of course this was before metal upgrades and internal upgrades were available  for most airsoft guns.

I was just afraid that this guy was selling me an "old old" pistol but luckily it wasn't. :)

Edited by Villain, 18 October 2008 - 01:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users