#1 WhiteWhale

WhiteWhale

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, real steel, photoshop, videos, gaming

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

I was at an airsoft convention a short time ago and one of the dealers was selling a magpul FPG. I was talking with them, considering buying it, when he told me that only an 18c slide would fit in it. He then also told me that it only shoots on full auto. Is this actually the case? And does it only use the 50 rnd magazines?

thanks.

#2 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

View PostWhiteWhale, on 30 September 2010 - 04:10 PM, said:

I was at an airsoft convention a short time ago and one of the dealers was selling a magpul FPG. I was talking with them, considering buying it, when he told me that only an 18c slide would fit in it. He then also told me that it only shoots on full auto. Is this actually the case? And does it only use the 50 rnd magazines?

thanks.

The item you are referring to is the Magpul FPG kit, and does not come with the slide. You will need to buy the complete slide assembly if you can find one, or own one already. KWA did not produce this product and is making a complete Magpul FPG which will be ready to shoot out of the box and include the long mag. It will have single and full auto.

#3 WhiteWhale

WhiteWhale

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, real steel, photoshop, videos, gaming

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the reply. I do understand Magpul and KWA are both different and it does require a slide as well. :)

#4 snuffyms

snuffyms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 30 September 2010 - 04:31 PM, said:

The item you are referring to is the Magpul FPG kit, and does not come with the slide. You will need to buy the complete slide assembly if you can find one, or own one already. KWA did not produce this product and is making a complete Magpul FPG which will be ready to shoot out of the box and include the long mag. It will have single and full auto.
I have recently purchased one of the complete kits and have some M18 mags.  I understand the complete guns are using the new NS2 system is there a conversion that I can get the old mags to work.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

The FPG still uses the M-Series engine, albeit a slightly modified and updated version of the M-Series engine.

The old magazines will work in the new gun, however they may not fold up as efficiently as a newer FPG dedicated magazine.

Skip the kit, the kit requires finetuning and fiddling from a professional.  Get the complete one, they're already set up to fire.

#6 Special K

Special K

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

I agree, just got my fully functioning FPG from ASGI and it rocks. Every bit a solid Airsoft gun and fun to deploy and shoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users