genjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

Alright ,

Hello all !

Im here to find out as much info as I can about my M18c's

I have several questions but ask the main ones first.

So , Let me start by saying i had 4 of the m18c's , just recently reduced to 3 of them so i have a parts gun due to a slide breaking.

I have 1 slide in a FPG so that makes 2 extra lower lower recievers(complete parts)

Now the issue Im having is this , the 1 M18c that broke was used often , the 3 other m18c's have less than a month use on them and Im having issues with the Full-Auto.

The m18c's while on semi will shoot full-auto , I have tried to swicth the lower with uppers and all but 1 lower reciever now shoots full-auto on semi.

I first thought it was the upper reciever , but after trying 1 upper at a time on all the lower recievers , I quikly found out that something is wrong inside the lower recievers , as all my uppers work the same on all the lowers.

now questions is what part in the lower reciever controls full-auto ?

Thanks for any help on this , I look foward to having several more questions answered as I have a bug for my M18c's and need some help with this full-auto on semi bug.

#2 Mikester619

Mikester619

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

I am having the same issues, I replaced the 18c hammer, auto left and right sear,and the left disconnector sear. I switch the selector to semi auto, shoots in full auto. Semi auto doesn't work. I used another M18c lower receiver and semi and full auto works. Allizard we need your help

#3 Mikester619

Mikester619

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hey Genjo, I just fixed the M18c. it's shooting on semi and full auto mode. My trigger arm (part #92) was slightly bent. It was hitting on the hammer. I bent it back, now it's straight. Try looking at your trigger arm, make sure your trigger arm is straight.

#4 genjo

genjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

Thanks Mikester619

I looked at all the part #92 i have , they all look the same , 5 of them in total.   As i just got a new lower reciever , fired about 2 mags with it and now its acting up too.

in the 4 lower recievers i have the only part that #92 hits is #266 , wich causes the trigger to release.

theres gotta be something else.

Since this post , i taken both slides apart and inspected them and put them back together.

No luck here.

Any help from a moderator would be nice.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

^ as above, check #92, that part is a high stress part because of all the contact to the slide and frame assembly.  If it is worn, it will definitely cause an issue with disconnecting and firing.

Likewise, if semi auto is failing, check the little parts inside the breech assembly, if 260 is not engaging correctly, it will not trip(or inadvertadly trip) #253 and #265.

the M-Series is really difficult to repair because of all the small parts and the different parts that need to be hand fit for proper function.

Make sure you check the slide assembly meshing to the frame as well, a wide enough gap will cause the gun to misfire.  Likewise a worn magazine catch can cause it too.

#6 genjo

genjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:31 AM

will look into the gun some more .

thanks for the info.

will look into the gun some more .

thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users