Jump to content


LiPo BATTERY FOR KM4 TACTICAL


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ZACLONE

ZACLONE

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:31 AM

I'VE RECENTLY BOUGHT A KM4 TACTICAL AND MY 9.6v 1200mAh WON'T FIT, IT USE TO FIT ON MY KM4 CQB UNTIL I INSTALL AN RIS TO IT AND IM USING A PEQ2 BOX ON IT, BUT I WAS LOOKING FOR A LiPo BATTERY FOR MY KM4 TACTICAL. SOMETHING NOT TO HIGH ON RATE OF FIRE, WILL THE SRC 7.4v 1000mAH LiPO BATTERY FROM AIRSOSFT GI WORK AND FIT ON THE KM4 TACTICAL. AND WILL IT GIVE ME THE RATE OF FIRE OF AN 9.6v 2000mAH BATTERY? PLEASE HELP.............

#2 SpaceMonky

SpaceMonky

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Location:Clermont, FL

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:25 PM

the tactical battery compartment was made for lipos. you should be fine withe the src. it looks just about the same as my ra-tech.

a 7.4v lipo is supposed to give the rate of fire about equal to a 9.6v nimh.


personally i would get the Ra-Tech from the pro shop here as it has the recommended 15A by KWA and has 1600 mah. those basic chargers they give you with the src tend to imbalance the lipo cells also. just my 2 cents.

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

View PostSpaceMonky, on Oct 14 2008, 03:25 PM, said:

a 7.4v lipo is supposed to give the rate of fire about equal to a 9.6v nimh.

Not necessary true.  it has a lot to do with the discharge rate.  But most of 7.4v lipo will have the same or better than 8.4v

#4 ZACLONE

ZACLONE

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

View Postallizard, on Oct 15 2008, 12:20 AM, said:

Not necessary true.  it has a lot to do with the discharge rate.  But most of 7.4v lipo will have the same or better than 8.4v

SO IF I WAS TO GET THE 7.4v LiPo BATTERY WOULD IT GIVE ME A 8.4v NiMh RATE OF FIRE OR 9.6v? CUZ I'M NOT LOOKING INTO A HARDCORE OR INSANE RATE OF FIRE, JUST A NORMAL REALISTIC RATE OF FIRE.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:39 AM

View PostZACLONE, on Oct 14 2008, 11:50 PM, said:

SO IF I WAS TO GET THE 7.4v LiPo BATTERY WOULD IT GIVE ME A 8.4v NiMh RATE OF FIRE OR 9.6v? CUZ I'M NOT LOOKING INTO A HARDCORE OR INSANE RATE OF FIRE, JUST A NORMAL REALISTIC RATE OF FIRE.

LIKE I SAID!!  Depend on discharge rate.  There is no simple answer.

#6 ZACLONE

ZACLONE

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

View Postallizard, on Oct 15 2008, 12:39 PM, said:

LIKE I SAID!!  Depend on discharge rate.  There is no simple answer.
SORRY MAN BUT NOT TO QUITE FAMILIAR WITH THE DISCHARGE RATE. PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THAT IS PLEASE...... DOES IT MEAN THE POWER THAT IS USING EVERY TIME YOU FIRE IT?

#7 triple b

triple b

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Location:sacramento CALI

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

the discharge rate is a C rating on the battery which relates the amount of AMPs is releases when u pull the trigger on your gun. A higher "C" rating mean more power for example you could have two 11.1 volt 1600 mah battery's one has a "C" rating of 12 and the other has a "C" rating of 15 the higher "C" rating is going to spin you motor faster because it discharges more AMP's at the same voltage as the other battery .....but it will not last as long as the the LOWER "C" rating battery. Caution KWA's are only rated to a Maximum 18AMPs so using a high "C" battery will risk the motor and wiring from catching on fire or overheating the motor and burning it up

#8 SOCOM

SOCOM

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Alameda, CA
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mil-Sim, LE/SWAT, Taekwondo, Photography, Travel and Military Tactics

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

View Posttriple b, on Oct 15 2008, 01:20 PM, said:

the discharge rate is a C rating on the battery which relates the amount of AMPs is releases when u pull the trigger on your gun. A higher "C" rating mean more power for example you could have two 11.1 volt 1600 mah battery's one has a "C" rating of 12 and the other has a "C" rating of 15 the higher "C" rating is going to spin you motor faster because it discharges more AMP's at the same voltage as the other battery .....but it will not last as long as the the LOWER "C" rating battery. Caution KWA's are only rated to a Maximum 18AMPs so using a high "C" battery will risk the motor and wiring from catching on fire or overheating the motor and burning it up

Can I use a 11.1v 1200mAh (12C/Output Constant: 23A/Output Instant: 30A)? Thanks!!!

#9 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

View Posttriple b, on Oct 15 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

the discharge rate is a C rating on the battery which relates the amount of AMPs is releases when u pull the trigger on your gun. A higher "C" rating mean more power for example you could have two 11.1 volt 1600 mah battery's one has a "C" rating of 12 and the other has a "C" rating of 15 the higher "C" rating is going to spin you motor faster because it discharges more AMP's at the same voltage as the other battery .....but it will not last as long as the the LOWER "C" rating battery. Caution KWA's are only rated to a Maximum 18AMPs so using a high "C" battery will risk the motor and wiring from catching on fire or overheating the motor and burning it up

Well said! :)

@ SOCOM
It should, because it has 12c discharge rate.

#10 whiterabbit05

whiterabbit05

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:41 AM

My 9.6V 1400 mAh fits, how can you not get a 1200 to fit?

And please stop typing in all caps...

#11 ZACLONE

ZACLONE

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:37 AM

View Postwhiterabbit05, on Oct 17 2008, 08:41 AM, said:

My 9.6V 1400 mAh fits, how can you not get a 1200 to fit?

And please stop typing in all caps...
WELL I DID SOME MODIFICATION AND NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK, IT DOES NOT FIT. THE BATTERY I'M USING IS A POWERIZER 9.6v 1200mAh. WHAT IS THE NAME BRAND OF THE BATTERY YOU ARE USING?

#12 triple b

triple b

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Location:sacramento CALI

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

cheapbatterypacks.com will have a lipo that fits you have to be able to measure the size you need...and order a small tayima airsoft connector and a align balancer plug




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users