17 replies to this topic

#1 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

I watched KWA's guide to cleaning their pistols, and I noticed a huge emphasis on very small, controlled amounts of oil in very specific places on the internals. In particular to the KMP9 (or other KWA pistols too, perhaps?), how much silicon oil per mag fill/s should be used (on propane)? Up till I watched that video I've been under the impression that there wasn't such a thing as too much, so I used 2 drops of oil every single mag fill (in my Dragon).

note: I do not own a KMP9 yet, but I will be buying one in 2 or 3 weeks...hopefully the extra mags will be out by then :P

Edited by MatthewTyson, 15 September 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#2 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

Nobody really knows how much silicone per Propane fill because we don't use Propane and it's not recommended to use. There are several topics on Propane use on this forum if you do a search, however the use of this propellant is not covered under warranty.

#3 Cakedogs

Cakedogs

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

1 or 2 drops per 500 rounds I go

#4 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

So, after searching for a few hours through the forums, I've been enlightened on a FEW of the green gas vs propane notes.
1) Propane is bad for your gun for more than one reason... Mkay.
2) Green gas has an even mixture of silicon...good for gun. Mkay.
3) Other stuff that adds up to Green Gas > Propane. Mkay.

Few things I missed:
Anyone know the average FPS ratio of green gas vs propane?

Unrelated:
I saw an amazingly intricate breakdown diagram for an entire KWA pistol (I think an M9). Does that come with every KWA gun (including the KMP9), or is it readily available?
Also, again probably something I should be assuming, does the KMP9 have a semi-breakdown guide for simple post-purchase maintenance?

Edited by MatthewTyson, 17 September 2010 - 09:31 AM.

#5 Gun487

Gun487

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

View PostMatthewTyson, on 17 September 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

So, after searching for a few hours through the forums, I've been enlightened on a FEW of the green gas vs propane notes.
1) Propane is bad for your gun for more than one reason... Mkay.
2) Green gas has an even mixture of silicon...good for gun. Mkay.
3) Other stuff that adds up to Green Gas > Propane. Mkay.

Few things I missed:
Anyone know the average FPS ratio of green gas vs propane?

Unrelated:
I saw an amazingly intricate breakdown diagram for an entire KWA pistol (I think an M9). Does that come with every KWA gun (including the KMP9), or is it readily available?
Also, again probably something I should be assuming, does the KMP9 have a semi-breakdown guide for simple post-purchase maintenance?

I don't know if their IS a ratio between propane and green gas because every gas is different and propane varies between brands. And yes, there are parts diagrams in the proshop. As far as I know, there is no blowup for the Kmp9 yet.

#6 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

Parts diagrams are in the back of the manual for each model.

#7 Gun487

Gun487

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 17 September 2010 - 12:18 PM, said:

Parts diagrams are in the back of the manual for each model.
Oh, I didn't get a manual :P

#8 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:49 PM

I just put it up on the Help Desk in the Downloads section if you want to print it out. http://www.kwausa.co...wnloaditemid=76
There's a link for the manual. The parts diagrams are also on there if you need a larger view.

#9 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 17 September 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

I just put it up on the Help Desk in the Downloads section if you want to print it out. http://www.kwausa.co...wnloaditemid=76
There's a link for the manual. The parts diagrams are also on there if you need a larger view.
Excellent. That manual has everything I was looking for, but in real English! Definitely buying a kmp9 on thursday or friday.

Slight source of confusion that lasted a good 10 seconds: page 5, "Avoid dripping the magazine". Simple typo, but having that warning immediately above a picture of a green gas container filling a mag made me pause :P

Edited by MatthewTyson, 27 September 2010 - 07:16 AM.

#10 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

Alright guys,
with all this Propane = Green gas debates... Is there an actual definitive reason as to why KWA do not allow nor cover it in their warranty. I assume tests have been run that prove Propane is detrimental to the gun whereas green gas is not?

Cheers,
Sean

#11 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

One of the main reason is that the NS2 gas system is designed/engineered around the green gas. From tests and members experiences, it seems that propane causes a harder cycling thus leading to eventual and premature wear/malfunction. So if a company that designs a product to work at certain specifications makes RECOMMENDATIONS, it's always wise to listen.

#12 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

Oh, no doubt I am listening :).. I have 7 green gas canisters in front of me :D

Just merely curious is all...  

Cheers
Sean

#13 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

View Postsjohnson256, on 17 October 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

Oh, no doubt I am listening :).. I have 7 green gas canisters in front of me :D

Just merely curious is all...  

Cheers
Sean
Good to know someone is listening. :thumbsup:  ;)

#14 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

It's hard not to, after forking out about £400 for this out in England.... the first thing I did a month before buying this thing was look at recommendations... and what I have gained an insight into is the fact that propane... is bad.

end of. :D

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Everything must cost twice as much in England.  Import tariffs I assume?

#16 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Sorry that was including the 4 extra mags i bought with it...

The mags were 40 pound a pop... Gun was £200...

And awesome it is too!

Just a bit gutted the warranty under my gun (which on its first game chewed up the valve springs) "doesn't cover it" aparently.......

#17 Milkshake

Milkshake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I assume it has nothing to do with the fact that Green Gas is 6 times more expensive than Propane and promoting the use of such a cheap propellant would cut into sales of said canisters of green gas?

Can we just get GBB's that can freaking openly handle Propane and stop acting like all the good little boys and girls of the world won't use the no-no air and will all use green gas. We like propane like we like +P ammo. Make it rated for Propane and charge $50 more for the gun and move on lol.

#18 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostMilkshake, on 04 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

I assume it has nothing to do with the fact that Green Gas is 6 times more expensive than Propane and promoting the use of such a cheap propellant would cut into sales of said canisters of green gas?

Can we just get GBB's that can freaking openly handle Propane and stop acting like all the good little boys and girls of the world won't use the no-no air and will all use green gas. We like propane like we like +P ammo. Make it rated for Propane and charge $50 more for the gun and move on lol.

Well until that day comes where commercial propane is recommended, let's stick to GG shall we? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users