• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 mechwar420

mechwar420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

I was curious if there were any "Barrel Extensions" that would work for the KMP series.

I found these but wasnt sure, and I'm not even sure if my question can be answered.  Also whether or not they are compatible.

http://www.redwolfai...el_Extender.htm

http://www.redwolfai...MP_Silencer.htm

Edited by mechwar420, 02 September 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#2 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

View Postmechwar420, on 02 September 2010 - 12:26 PM, said:

I was curious if there were any suppressors that would work for the KMP series.

I found these but wasnt sure, and I'm not even sure if my question can be answered.  Also whether or not they are compatible.

http://www.redwolfai...el_Extender.htm

http://www.redwolfai...MP_Silencer.htm

Change the title of your post to barrel extension. The term supressor refers to a real steal device that supresses the sound of a firearm and the terms are not to be used on airsoft forums in america since they are illegal to own without special permits. Airsoft barrel extensions do not qiuet the gun they just add space for a longer inner barrel. I don't think you want your thread to get locked so just change your terms and it'll be fine. It just the policy on this forum to use the correct term.

They do seem like they would work, but the stock flashiders on the kwa version might have different dimesions so the barrel extension might not fit. Maybe a staff member could chime in and tell you if they would work.
If they are compatible I would advise not to get the berrel extension in the second link because that would actually supress your gun and would be illegal. You probably would'nt even recieve it because customs would probably sieze it.

Edited by Vamp2269, 02 September 2010 - 01:56 PM.

#3 Cakedogs

Cakedogs

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

View PostVamp2269, on 02 September 2010 - 12:57 PM, said:

>words

We're an airsoft board and you should know that he refers to "barrel extensions" and I'm pretty sure he doesn't expect them to muffle any sound on it.

What law says I can't use technical terms on an airsoft website?

"My airsoft gun goes full auto and has a (dummy) supressor"
Are the FBI going to show up at my house and check me?

Edited by Cakedogs, 02 September 2010 - 01:30 PM.

#4 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

View PostCakedogs, on 02 September 2010 - 01:27 PM, said:

We're an airsoft board and you should know that he refers to "barrel extensions" and I'm pretty sure he doesn't expect them to muffle any sound on it.

What law says I can't use technical terms on an airsoft website?

"My airsoft gun goes full auto and has a (dummy) supressor"
Are the FBI going to show up at my house and check me?

It's just that you are supossed to use right terms. Barrel extension is the right term to use. And when you say supressor or silecne[r] you are implying it is something else other than a barrel extension. It isn't that you'll get in trouble with the law, it is just a policy on the forums that you do not refer to barrel extensions as supressors or silence[r]s. For example when you write silenc er it gets turned into [barrel extension]. And calling a barrel extension a supressor or a silenc er is not using technical terms because that is not what a barrel extension is. Also the product in the second link has foam inserts and functions to reduce noise so he wouldn't be able to get it imported without customs taking it.

Edited by Vamp2269, 02 September 2010 - 01:54 PM.

#5 BigBabyMoses06

BigBabyMoses06

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

If it silences it to even -1 db, its illegal.
And the word suppressor is a no no, mock or not IIRC.

That said, my extensions have foam in them, from asia. They get in.

Change the title :)

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

Touchie subject, modify or be locked :mellow:

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Do not use the word "S I L E N C E R" in the forum.

There are legal ramifications for possession, manufacture, and ownership  of any unregistered "S I L E N C E R." To avoid any legal liabilities,  KWA forum will restrict and moderate any further discussion related to  "S I L E N C E R" and other muzzle fitted noise inhibiting devices.   Discussion related to "Barrel Extensions" however, will remain in the  open.

There is a clear distinction between a "S I L E N C E R" and "Barrel Extension."  

The purpose of a "S I L E N C E R" is a muzzle attachment for the  application of dampening or inhibiting the discharge noise of a firearm.  Some Airsoft-Purposed "mock S I L E N C E R" have been manufactured to  have the ability to dampen the discharge sound of Airsoft Guns, however  can easily be adapted to function with live firearms.  

A "Barrel Extension" is an often-threaded sheath or cover fitted over a  muzzle used to disguise, protect, and cover the inner barrel of an  Airsoft Gun.  There is no function in the dampening or inhibiting the  discharge noise and can not be modified to do so.

This is a reiteration of Allizard's post from last November 11.

As Spiggy posted modify or this will be locked.

#8 mechwar420

mechwar420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Well now that everyone has that out of their system, can the question be answered?

Also can the post where this was addressed previously be linked.  Also I have been able to get a foam filled "thingy" from overseas before.

If its such a "touchie" then why on Evike are they still able to label them "thingys" what they label them as.
http://www.airsoftpo...hp?cPath=28_142

Edited by mechwar420, 02 September 2010 - 04:34 PM.

#9 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

What Evike doing is their own risk.  It's no fun when ATF decided to knock at your door.  I'm not even going to entertain you with foam filled "Barrel extension".  This subject is FORBIDDEN to discuss here on the forum.  PERIOD!

:closed:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users