• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrSlickington

MrSlickington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

I'm thinking about getting KWA's M93R, but I'm not too excited about getting it in black, why did they even change it :wtf:  lol. I'm thinking I should just go ahead and get one and try to give it that blued steel look, but I don't know how I would give it walnut grips, I read that the real steel counterparts are darn expensive and wont really work with the airsoft one. So any tips people? Or does anyone have any info about maybe the next gen M93R going back to the old look? Anyone?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

The finish has never changed, it's been black

As to "Wood Grips" you can find the OEM through the pro-shop.  Bear in mind, they're veneer, not actual wood.

#3 Gun487

Gun487

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Well blued the blued steel look would not be possible sadly as the outer barrel is exposed and is polymer, rendering it impossible to strip & blue. The slide is aluminum and the bluing might not hold unless you get some special blue. I've had some experience bluing steel and, its not very easy to get a well-cut clean look. If you do want to however, see if there is some kind of metal outer barrel for the 93r and replace it (although its designed to have a poly barrel and that might come up dead also). I would go with the standard Black finish.

#4 KincaidBass

KincaidBass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:airsoft and music

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 20 August 2010 - 11:02 AM, said:

The finish has never changed, it's been black

As to "Wood Grips" you can find the OEM through the pro-shop.  Bear in mind, they're veneer, not actual wood.
I looked through the proshop and couldn't find any wood grips so if they're there could you provide a link?

#5 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Out of stock, we will not be restocking these as they are no longer in production. sorry...

#6 M0NST3R MG

M0NST3R MG

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Xbox 360, College Football, Lacrosse, Vehicle repair/customization/upgrade, LOST

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

if you are really interested on the wooden grips you can probably talk to some friends and maybe find someone who woodworks. as far as the blueing i thing youll be more likely to ruin your gun than find the look your going for in an attempt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users